• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

St Isaacc of Syria Skete

BrotherAidan

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to this skete (St. Isaac of Syria in Wisconsin) or know about their mission?

I know they produce reproduction and original icons, that's about all I know.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Is it a coptic Orthodox ...He mention that he drove by a coptic orthodox Church or monastery on seven mile rd. in racine wisconsin....He asked me if it was The same as eastern orthodoxy , sort of close but some differences....

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
stashko said:
Is it a coptic Orthodox ...He mention that he drove by a coptic orthodox Church or monastery on seven mile rd. in racine wisconsin....He asked me if it was The same as eastern orthodoxy , sort of close but some differences....

My Brother mentioned that He  drove by a coptic orthodox Church or Monastery on seven mile rd. in racine wisconsin.....

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
My Brother took one of our serbian priests to a new calendar greek convent /monastery in milwaukee awhile back ,,when i see him i ask him some more details about it ...

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
i know someone who had a nasty experience up there....

Shanghaiski

Merarches
Reaction score
I have been there. They were/are still under the Bulgarian Patariarchal Church and Metropolitan Joseph. The brotherhood is quite small--maybe down to one monk now. Fr. Symeon is no longer the priest. I'm not sure where he is. He could still be there--as far as I know he owns the land. Their icon business continues, however, and there service for my last order was extremely prompt. For a time, between the time they left ROCOR and went to Bulgaria, the were under a pseudodox bishop.