• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Starting to write again after seven years. . .

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
When my husband and I were first married we got into a huge war over whether I would write or not.  He had no idea how much work  it was - and of course, the pay check doesn't come unless something sells.  So, I went to work (for a bi-weekly part time pay check) and dropped writing.  

That was seven years ago.  I've become very lazy in my sentence structure and vocabulary.

And I feel utterly empty of stories.  

But when I pray, this is where I end up.  

Please pray for me that if this is an obedience that I am obedient. . .and if this is a grace, that I receive it. . .and if it is not what He wants me to do, that I accept and leave it.  

Lord have mercy.

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
May your prayers be answered.  May you have the wisdom to understand the answer.

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lord have mercy!  (Can't wait to read what you write....  :) )

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
May God be with you!

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Lord, your will be done.  Lord, have mercy.