• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Status of Old Calendrists in Greece and Romania

BasilCan

Reaction score
Does anyone have up to date stats on which Churches are active in these countries that follow the Old Calendar and their member numbers? There is so much info on this topic, especially on Greek Old Calendrists that is old and out of date and polemical that it is hard to get stats.

Menas17

Reaction score
Really curious about this as well. There are actually more Greek Old Calendarists in America than I though there would be. I would love to see them reconciled with canonical Orthodoxy, but, I can almost guarantee that would never happen in the current state of the Greek Archdiocese.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think Romanian Old Calendarists are rather one group, meanwhile Greek ones a few and they rather don't like each other... But I haven't done any special research about this.

BasilCan

Reaction score
Gee with all the multiple jurisdiction/tradition members here, I thought we would get some incite. Come on brothers and sisters!!! :)

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the wrong section for incite.