• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

"The River of Fire" by A. Kalomiros

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
Another thread has been set aside for ALL discussions involving evolution:

Please take any further discussions about evolution to this thread. Further discussion concerning evolution, creationism, etc. will not be permitted here. Thank you.

Aspect

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
St. Augustine and a couple other fathers said the 24 hour period was metaphorical. (They still believed in 6000 years though)
Except for Augustine (who believed everything was created at once, either actually or potentially), the Church Fathers unanimously believed that the earth was created in six natural days. (Warkulwiz, The Doctrines of Genesis 1-11, p. 197).

Aspect

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
!00 point warning issued. Everyone was advised that no more discussion about creation/evolution would be allowed in this thread. You chose to post about them anyway.
Penal punishment is a distorted view of justice. How can one punish and love at the same time?
It is because of love that a father punishes. The destruction of Sodom and Gommorah is an example of penal punishment, as is Noah's flood.

Truthfully, Kalimoros does a very good job at introducing certain concepts to western though for tranformitive and thought provoking purposes.
The problem is that he was an innovator that introducted concepts that are alien to Scripture and the Holy Fathers.

A literal 6 days is fantasy.
Only to naturalistic atheists and evolutionists with their bias against divine revelation. All the Church Fathers believed in a literal 24 hour, 6 days creation, except St. Augustine, who believed in an instant creation ( either actually or potentially).

Please address any appeal regarding your warning to me. Assuming that you do not receive more warnings, this one will last for two weeks.

Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Aspect

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
Penal punishment is a distorted view of justice. How can one punish and love at the same time?
That's an atheistic argument. "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." (Revelation 3:19).

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Except for Augustine (who believed everything was created at once, either actually or potentially), the Church Fathers unanimously believed that the earth was created in six natural days. (Warkulwiz, The Doctrines of Genesis 1-11, p. 197).
I think St. Gregory of Nyssa quote Origen on the non-literality of the 6 days in the philokalia (not the capital P philokalia, the one that were quotes of Origen he thought were valuable). St. Bede also said creation was instantaneous but formed over time.

I never claimed the majority of the Fathers taught it was a metaphor. I just said a couple said it was metaphorical.

Aspect

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
You have just been warned for posting content of a type that I clearly directed everyone not to post in this thread. You will therefore receive another warning at this time.
Content removed.

Despite having been warned about posting material relating to evolution or creation on this thread, you created another post which addressed the exact same topics. You have now received 150 warning points in total which will last for two weeks. If you continue to ignore directives or are warned for other activity, you will be placed on post moderation and all of your posts will have to be vetted by a moderator before they appear on the site. If you haven't already done so, please familiarize yourself with our rules:
http://forums.orthodoxchristianity.net/threads/orthodoxchristianity-net-forum-rules.78248/

Thank you,
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
That's an atheistic argument. "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." (Revelation 3:19).
Not really! Its against bipolar tendencies.