The Spirits of God

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  When I see something worth discussing with someone, I will do so.  I avoid vain and foolish questions, as it is written...

2 Timothy, Chapter 2, 23: But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Stephen Levi said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  When I see something worth discussing with someone, I will do so.  I avoid vain and foolish questions, as it is written...

2 Timothy, Chapter 2, 23: But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Humility doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
As you can see I am within the word of God.
Your point?
Matthew, Chapter 7, 6: Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Stephen Levi said:
Revelation, Chapter 1, 4: John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation, Chapter 3, 1: And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Revelation, Chapter 4, 5: And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Revelation, Chapter 5, 6: And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Aprigngius of Beja considered the seven spirits to be the sevenfold gifts of the Holy Spirit.  Oecumenius  considered the seven spirits to be angels.  Andrew of Caserea considered them to be either one or the other.  Prmasius considered them to be the Holy Spirit.  I retrieved this information from Revelation / edited by William C. Weinrich (Ancient Christian commentary on Scripture, New Testament; v. 12).

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  When I see something worth discussing with someone, I will do so.  I avoid vain and foolish questions, as it is written...

Are you humble? Yes or no?

The Lord instructed me to ask you is humility is your strong suit.  Yes or no?

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
Your point?
Matthew, Chapter 7, 6: Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Mark 9:35
And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.”

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
Your point?
And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.”
Do you desire to be first? yes or no?

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
Your point?
Do you desire to be first? yes or no?
What do Christ's words in that passage mean to you, Stephen?

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  When I see something worth discussing with someone, I will do so.  I avoid vain and foolish questions, as it is written...

I have no idea if the "instructions" you're receiving are indeed from God. We are to test the spirits, after all.

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:

I have no idea if the "instructions" you're receiving are indeed from God. We are to test the spirits, after all.
I have been testing your spirit.

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
The Spirit of Life

Let's discuss it.

Tell me, what do you know about The Spirit of Life?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:

And the results?  I'd give an "A".

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:

I hate the praise of men. Do not ever praise me.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Stephen Levi said:
hecma925 said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:

That "A" wasn't for you.

Stephen Levi

Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Stephen Levi said:
hecma925 said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:
LBK said:
Stephen Levi said:

That "A" wasn't for you.
Thank you.  I hate the praise of men.