The Sports Thread

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lord have mercy.  This is a shocking tragedy...

Memory eternal.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
biro said:
Kobe Bryant is apparently among those who died in a helicopter crash.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28569438/kobe-bryant-dead-helicopter-crash
Lord, have mercy.
Memory eternal.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Troy Polamalu is being inducted into the NFL hall of fame

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
For the Orthodox and Steelers fans, anyway. He's been low-key feuding with the Steelers organization though, ever since they semi-forced him to retire when he thought he still had some gas left in the tank.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know how close to being over the game is?

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
That was quite a game.  There was a while that I thought that the 49ers defense was going to prevent Kansas City from doing anymore when the 49ers had a 10 point lead, but Kansas City did not quit.  I have to hand it to them.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Next year will be Lamar Jackson's year to win it all.  KC plays in Baltimore next season.  I'd like to see KC open the new season against Houston or New England - whoever they're scheduled to play at home.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Let me tell you all a little tale.

I used to watch sports injuries like most red-blooded Murican males. I didn't seek them out, but I never shied away either. They were the proper evolution from blooper vids of the 80s after all.

Then I watched that one video where the gymnast from Auburn broke both her legs.

😮😮😮😮😮

I haven't been able to watch a sport injury video since.

She got better and walked down the aisle at her wedding, but the scars in my mind from seeing it endure.

Reaction score
Let me tell you all a little tale.

I used to watch sports injuries like most red-blooded Murican males. I didn't seek them out, but I never shied away either. They were the proper evolution from blooper vids of the 80s after all.

Then I watched that one video where the gymnast from Auburn broke both her legs.

😮😮😮😮😮

I haven't been able to watch a sport injury video since.

She got better and walked down the aisle at her wedding, but the scars in my mind from seeing it endure.
I've watched lots of gym/lifting injury vids. The few that scar me were the squat videos. One with a broken bone, the other was a messy tale. I'll just leave it at that.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Watched Dak Prescott break and/or dislocate his ankle tonight. Ugh. Horrible. Lord have mercy.