• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

The Unwaning Light of the Phanar

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
Preserving & Protecting the Unwaning Light of the Phanar

http://myocn.net/preserving-protecting-the-unwaning-light-of-the-phanar/
Now that we have celebrated the Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord, let us join His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew to support, protect and defend the apostolic mission and legacy of the Apostolic See of Saint Andrew.
Just wanted to share this for the title of the article.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Wow. I've never really seen them own their ghetto like that. Maybe Met. TIKHON needs to start proclaiming "the unwaning light of Oyster Bay Cove".

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
however....the link did let me know they have a new prayerbook app out...and it -seems- worth trying out so far

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Iconodule said:
Met. TIKHON
"Last among equals!"
I like the Archbishop of Washington, Metropolitan of All America and Canada (and Mexico, but also US extra-territorial colonies don't count, but, hey, who's counting, right?  Ha! Ha!).  Many years, Master!

BryanS

Elder
Reaction score
Website
cluelessreader.com
Iconodule said:
Wow. I've never really seen them own their ghetto like that. Maybe Met. TIKHON needs to start proclaiming "the unwaning light of Oyster Bay Cove".
Huh?
(Seriously, this whole thread is like a big inside joke that's going right over my head.)

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
hecma925 said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Iconodule said:
Met. TIKHON
"Last among equals!"
I like the Archbishop of Washington, Metropolitan of All America and Canada (and Mexico, but also US extra-territorial colonies don't count, but, hey, who's counting, right?  Ha! Ha!).  Many years, Master!

There used to be parishes in Australia and Brazil, too.