• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

The Wonder Years

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
I understand why this show isn't on DVD, but I am dying to watch this show from beginning to end.  ***sigh*** why isn't TV Land or Nick at Night playing this show?  It makes me want to cry :'(.  That is all.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Have you tried hulu.com or any other TV archive site?

Wonder Years is out of syndication.  Some of the talent continue to earn a living with other projects (e.g. Alley Mills on The Bold and the Beautiful).

Good luck.  :)

jckstraw72

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
my friend downloaded them all (not sure where from) and burned them all for me. i just finished the series about a month ago. what a great show! so you could try downloading them, but actually it prolly aint legal.

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
It's a crime that this show hasn't yet been released (officially) onto dvd.  If only I was the president of this country, I'd use my powers to make this available to the public lol.
But really, how much does a box set of a single season of a television show cost?  On the average 35 dollars or so?  Sell each box set for 40 dollars each (with the original Motown hits), with 5 dollars going to the music owners; problem solved.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
The actors have to agree to divide the profits.  Wonder Years existed before Internet and DVD sales.  Modern TV shows do not have that problem for the actors already agree to receive a slice of DVD sales.  Fred Savage and the Math Professor (one who played Winnie) want their cut of DVD sales and they have been able to stop the DVDs from being made.

I think the original Beverly Hills 90210 had DVD sales which shut out the original actors from receiving proceeds.

alexp4uni

Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also copyrighted songs that helped those classic segues into Kevin's maturity wanted their share as well.

Reaction score
Website
nyssashobbithole.com
Whatever happened to just turning on the TV at any time day or night and finding all sorts of old shows?  You'd think with all these cable stations (and TVLand and Nick At Nite), anything you wanted would be easy to find.... Oh, Dobie Gillis and the brides of Seattle, how badly do I miss you....

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
SolEX01

lol, Danica McKellar is such a hottie; having a mathematical theorem named after you is so sexy (though I believe she just has a BS, not a Masters or Dcotorate - I don't believe she is a professor).

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
coptic orthodox boy said:
SolEX01

lol, Danica McKellar is such a hottie; having a mathematical theorem named after you is so sexy (though I believe she just has a BS, not a Masters or Dcotorate - I don't believe she is a professor).
Thanks.  My bad.  Danica has a BS in Math from UCLA.