• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

This rubs me the wrong way

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
While googling a book on the Armenian divine office, which included “Ritual” in the title, this most unpleasant add appeared on the Google ad sense ads, which normally fail to catch my eye:

Strong BlackMagic Rituals | Ritual
the spell that break all barriers. love, success, health & more! Spirituality. Black Magic. Witchcraft. Voodoo
We live in a dark time when someone feels like they can make money posting that as a Google adwords advertisement.  Where secularization occurs, what this really is is it is not people turning away from organized religion to atheism, but from religion to irreligious superstition, and it is very dark indeed.  And our main manufacturer of English language Evangelions decided to sell marijuana products on the same page as the Gospel Books.

platypus

High Elder
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
That's a very awkward title, which I didn't expect to have anything to do with the internet.
It’s a common expression in the US, meaning one is bothered by something.