• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Thread Modes Getting J& J Covid vaccine now ;please pray for me

Paradosiakos

Prefers the Orthodox faith
Reaction score
Faith
Prefers the Orthodox faith.
Jurisdiction
NW
I’m waiting for the jab right now. I really don’t want to but if I don’t I’ll probably lose my job and benefits. I’m the sole provider for my family.
Please pray for me.

FULK NERA

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Don’t worry. And don’t call vaccination a jab. That way of thinking adds to your irrational fears of a safe, effective vaccine. Be glad you’ll be extremely unlikely to catch or transmit the virus soon. I never regretted getting the Moderna vax and wouldn’t want to be part of the problem. Vaccinated, we are part of the solution ending the cycle of infection.

Last edited:

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
You are doing the right thing. Lord have mercy!

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
Don’t worry. And don’t call vaccination a jab. That way of thinking adds to your irrational fears of a safe, effective vaccine. Be glad you’ll be extremely unlikely to catch or transmit the virus soon. I never regretted getting the Moderna vax and wouldn’t want to be part of the problem. Vaccinated, we are part of the solution ending the cycle of infection.
Well, it *is* a jab. One gets "jabbed" with a needle. Definition of "jab"= to stab or pierce--which is exactly what happens. Some, esp. in the UK, call it a "jab", others call it a "shot". Others call it a "vaccination". Others alternate between those and use them interchangeably. Big deal.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord, have mercy.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
All, a reminder that the Prayer Forum is for prayer and praise only, not commentary, advice, or discussion.
Thanks. --Ainnir

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Faith
Episcopal
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Florida
Lord have mercy. St. Luke and St. Pantaleimon, pray for us.