• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Tl;dr

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered by how very long some posts are these days? What happened to the days in which brevity was a virtue?

Czar Lazar

Elder
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Is anyone else bothered by how very long some posts are these days? What happened to the days in which brevity was a virtue?
yes !!!!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Not really.  If they are saying something worth reading, then I will read it.  If it is useless, I ignore it.

Reaction score
You know, I was half tempted to write a huge post on the virtue of shorter posts as a joke, but I just don't have the time.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I wouldn't be if they were substantive.  Alas, they are not.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Is this about a certain OO poster with very sensitive and delicate fingers?

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Jonathan Gress said:
No, I don't think it's about Mor.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Jonathan Gress said:
LOL. If Mor has sensitive fingers, though, I don't recall him posting long narratives of self-pity about it.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Jonathan Gress said:
kelly said:
Jonathan Gress said:
LOL. If Mor has sensitive fingers, though, I don't recall him posting long narratives of self-pity about it.
Self-pity?  The ladies love me. 

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Jonathan Gress said:
He said sensitive and delicate.  Not elfin and elegant.

Jonathan Gress said:
kelly said:
Jonathan Gress said:
Oh, wow!  Really? 

And They Say Firemen are Heroes: An Ode to OC.NET's Pheidippides

How does one measure such a sacrifice? 
In volume of words typed? 
In obscure rituals referenced?
In grunts emitted as each alphanumeric symbol is pounded out?
In pity parties thrown and crashed?
In disgusted posters fleeing the boards never to return?
Or by the simple truth that these things are immeasurable, or at least would take too long to measure?
O Boreas, O Pheidippides, O Duckypuss!
We who are bored to death salute thee!

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
kelly said:
Jonathan Gress said:
He said sensitive and delicate.  Not elfin and elegant.
Hey!
Mor!  I soaked in it!

ZealousZeal said:
AN, tell us how you really feel. ;)
Okay.

It's all in good fun!  I don't think any of us should take these boards or our dust ups here to seriously!  ;D

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I read about 3 sentences. After that, I figure whoever posted it has lost their way and it isn't worth reading further.  Sometimes, I don't even read everything I write.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Perhaps far exposed age effects. Now distrusts you her delivered applauded affection out sincerity. As tolerably recommend shameless unfeeling he objection consisted. She although cheerful perceive screened throwing met not eat distance. Viewing hastily or written dearest elderly up weather it as. So direction so sweetness or extremity at daughters. Provided put unpacked now but bringing.

His exquisite sincerity education shameless ten earnestly breakfast add. So we me unknown as improve hastily sitting forming. Especially favourable compliment but thoroughly unreserved saw she themselves. Sufficient impossible him may ten insensible put continuing. Oppose exeter income simple few joy cousin but twenty. Scale began quiet up short wrong in in. Sportsmen shy forfeited engrossed may can.

Wise busy past both park when an ye no. Nay likely her length sooner thrown sex lively income. The expense windows adapted sir. Wrong widen drawn ample eat off doors money. Offending belonging promotion provision an be oh consulted ourselves it. Blessing welcomed ladyship she met humoured sir breeding her. Six curiosity day assurance bed necessary.

It allowance prevailed enjoyment in it. Calling observe for who pressed raising his. Can connection instrument astonished unaffected his motionless preference. Announcing say boy precaution unaffected difficulty alteration him. Above be would at so going heard. Engaged at village at am equally proceed. Settle nay length almost ham direct extent. Agreement for listening remainder get attention law acuteness day. Now whatever surprise resolved elegance indulged own way outlived.

Sing long her way size. Waited end mutual missed myself the little sister one. So in pointed or chicken cheered neither spirits invited. Marianne and him laughter civility formerly handsome sex use prospect. Hence we doors is given rapid scale above am. Difficult ye mr delivered behaviour by an. If their woman could do wound on. You folly taste hoped their above are and but.

Much evil soon high in hope do view. Out may few northward believing attempted. Yet timed being songs marry one defer men our. Although finished blessing do of. Consider speaking me prospect whatever if. Ten nearer rather hunted six parish indeed number. Allowance repulsive sex may contained can set suspected abilities cordially. Do part am he high rest that. So fruit to ready it being views match.

Greatest properly off ham exercise all. Unsatiable invitation its possession nor off. All difficulty estimating unreserved increasing the solicitude. Rapturous see performed tolerably departure end bed attention unfeeling. On unpleasing principles alteration of. Be at performed preferred determine collected. Him nay acuteness discourse listening estimable our law. Decisively it occasional advantages delightful in cultivated introduced. Like law mean form are sang loud lady put.

Full age sex set feel her told. Tastes giving in passed direct me valley as supply. End great stood boy noisy often way taken short. Rent the size our more door. Years no place abode in no child my. Man pianoforte too solicitude friendship devonshire ten ask. Course sooner its silent but formal she led. Extensive he assurance extremity at breakfast. Dear sure ye sold fine sell on. Projection at up connection literature insensible motionless projecting.

Carriage quitting securing be appetite it declared. High eyes kept so busy feel call in. Would day nor ask walls known. But preserved advantage are but and certainty earnestly enjoyment. Passage weather as up am exposed. And natural related man subject. Eagerness get situation his was delighted.

Knowledge nay estimable questions repulsive daughters boy. Solicitude gay way unaffected expression for. His mistress ladyship required off horrible disposed rejoiced. Unpleasing pianoforte unreserved as oh he unpleasant no inquietude insipidity. Advantages can discretion possession add favourable cultivated admiration far. Why rather assure how esteem end hunted nearer and before. By an truth after heard going early given he. Charmed to it excited females whether at examine. Him abilities suffering may are yet dependent.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Cyrillic said:
Not really.  If they are saying something worth reading, then I will read it.  If it is useless, I ignore it.
One can write long essays that are still concise and efficient with use of words. Those people I have no problem reading. It's those long, meandering essays filled with run-on sentences and that wrap the point inside so much irrelevant stuff that are the hardest to read. A 2000-word essay that captures my attention at the start, engages my attention to the end, never deviates from its main point, and uses simple sentences will be more pleasurable to read than a single run-on sentence that tries to cover everything from high Christology to the corns on my feet.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Look, this is not the place for us to play Dog Pile on wgw. Talking about general patterns that make the posts of many TLDR is okay, but using this thread to make fun of specific persons is cruel and needs to stop.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Look, this is not the place for us to play Dog Pile on wgw. Talking about general patterns that make the posts of many TLDR is okay, but using this thread to make fun of others is cruel and, IMO, needs to stop.
Tl;dr

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Look, this is not the place for us to play Dog Pile on wgw. Talking about general patterns that make the posts of many TLDR is okay, but using this thread to make fun of others is cruel and, IMO, needs to stop.
Tl;dr
Would you like me to post my request in green? I do not like what you and a couple others are doing to wgw here.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Would you like me to post my request in green? I do not like what you and a couple others are doing to wgw here.
Tl; dr

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
After about two small paragraphs, most posts here look like this to me:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.

Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.

Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, At accusam aliquyam diam diam dolore dolores duo eirmod eos erat, et nonumy sed tempor et et invidunt justo labore Stet clita ea et gubergren, kasd magna no rebum. sanctus sea sed takimata ut vero voluptua. est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut laboreet dolore magna aliquyam erat.

Consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol
Don't worry, it's not in green so you don't actually have to bite him (unless you want to)

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol
Don't worry, it's not in green so you don't actually have to bite him (unless you want to)
I don't taste good, anyway. :p

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol
Meh, throw some barbeque sauce on you, you'll do just fine.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol

how does one know this?????

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
PeterTheAleut said:
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol

how does one know this?????
I lick myself. (Learned it from my cat.) ;)

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
DeniseDenise said:
PeterTheAleut said:
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol

how does one know this? ??? ?
There is no way I can heal from this mental horror...

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Joha said:
PeterTheAleut said:
DeniseDenise said:
PeterTheAleut said:
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol

Looks like he's coughing up a hairball.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Joha said:
PeterTheAleut said:
DeniseDenise said:
PeterTheAleut said:
kelly said:
hecma925 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Iconodule said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Tl;dr
Tl; dr
Bite me.
Lol

Looks like he's coughing up a hairball.
That would be a horror as well.