• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

TONIGHT 11/6 IF YOUR ARE IN METRO PITTSBURGH, PA

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
What a joyful "co-incidence" -- by providence, certainly not by chance -- that today, when the miraculous, myrrh-gushing icon of the Theotokos Kardiotissa (from St George's Orthodox Church in Taylor PA) comes to Pittsburgh for the very first time (at St Nicholas in Homestead at 6 pm tonight), it comes on the Julian Calendar day of the commemoration of the icon of the Mother of God "Joy of All Who Sorrow" (1688).

If you are able, consider attending the Akathist at 6 pm today, and for the veneration and miraculous anointing that will go into the night and make it bright. St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, 903 Ann St. Homestead, PA 15210.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
How did this go podkarp? I would imagine non-odox attending would be frowned upon, but Homestead isn't too far from me.

I wish I lived closer to a primary English speaking parish, but when I get more serious in my inquiry again I'll have to ask around.

Thanks for the announcement anyway.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this. I hope that all were blessed by this opportunity!

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
nothing said:
How did this go podkarp? I would imagine non-odox attending would be frowned upon, but Homestead isn't too far from me.

I wish I lived closer to a primary English speaking parish, but when I get more serious in my inquiry again I'll have to ask around.

Thanks for the announcement anyway.
I actually live about six hours from there, closer to Taylor, but have friends in western PA. If you are looking for an English speaking parish, there are many in metro Pittsburgh and St. Nicholas in Homestead is indeed one of them. I have many friends there and we are going to the pastor's son's wedding there this weekend. If you want information about contacting him, let me know via a PM. Inquirers and non-Orthodox are always welcome and the Theotokas in particular always has her arms extended to welcome and comfort those seeking her protection. The weekly Akathist service in Taylor is full of all sorts of believers, Orthodox and others.