• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Top Margin of Page with Printer

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Greetings!

I have an HP Envy 5530 printer.  A computer person was trying to help with some labels that would not print properly, and we noticed that we could not get the printer to accept any top of page margin less than 1/2 inch.  Has anyone else had that trouble?  My operating system is Windows 8.1.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Luke said:
Greetings!

I have an HP Envy 5530 printer.  A computer person was trying to help with some labels that would not print properly, and we noticed that we could not get the printer to accept any top of page margin less than 1/2 inch.  Has anyone else had that trouble?  My operating system is Windows 8.1.
This is a bump.

I have experienced this on a Mac and if I recall correctly it was a software limitation.

Did you update the printer driver? Does the printer allow top margins less that 0.5 inches when printing from another program? Based on the specifics of your needs, can you fool the system? For example, use a custom page size (eg., 8.5x12), rotate the page image you are printing 180 deg, insert the label page upside down, and adjust the margins accordingly.

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox
This is almost certainly software, but I hate printers with a furious, soul-destroying passion, so I would not be greatly surprised if Luke’s printer is malfunctioning solely so it can mock me from across the interwebs.  I have substantial reason to believe all printers are conspiring against me.