• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Touchpad Troubles

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
I had a chromebook before and for some reason the touchpad started acting differently. Specifically, I could no longer scroll using my fingers (touching with one finger and using a second finger to scroll). I thought it was because I had damaged the hardware, as I tended to hold the thing by the corner when I moved it, which caused some bending, and I thought perhaps this stressed some of the internal stuffs. However, I bought a (refurbished) new chromebook, and I'm still dealing with the issue. At first it worked fine (as preferred), but then I rebooted to let it do an update, a signed back in, and... poof, back to not being able to scroll using the touchpad. I really don't want to reset everything, especially since I don't even know if that'll fix it. Has anyone dealt with or heard anything like this, and know of some way I accidentally might have caused this? I've tried a dozen different fixes suggested online, to no avail. I'm sure I didn't change any settings whenever it started happening, so I'm guessing it was some kind of keyboard shortcut thing that I unwittingly did. And now I'm hoping there's some way to reverse it.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I had a chromebook before and for some reason the touchpad started acting differently. Specifically, I could no longer scroll using my fingers (touching with one finger and using a second finger to scroll). I thought it was because I had damaged the hardware, as I tended to hold the thing by the corner when I moved it, which caused some bending, and I thought perhaps this stressed some of the internal stuffs. However, I bought a (refurbished) new chromebook, and I'm still dealing with the issue. At first it worked fine (as preferred), but then I rebooted to let it do an update, a signed back in, and... poof, back to not being able to scroll using the touchpad. I really don't want to reset everything, especially since I don't even know if that'll fix it. Has anyone dealt with or heard anything like this, and know of some way I accidentally might have caused this? I've tried a dozen different fixes suggested online, to no avail. I'm sure I didn't change any settings whenever it started happening, so I'm guessing it was some kind of keyboard shortcut thing that I unwittingly did. And now I'm hoping there's some way to reverse it.
I do not have any experience with chrome. But if you can find and look at your touchpad settings, the solution to the problem might be obvious. This is mostly a bump.

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox
Asteriktos said:
It sounds like it might be an attribute of the software update.  Was your old Chromebook also updated?

Do you have the ability to log one of them into a new or different Google account?  That would identify if it is a user-settings issue. 

Alas I don't have a ChromeBook, I am just telling you what I would do in your situation, in addition to Googling the problem.