• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Transgender Man Wins First Place In Cooking Contest

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
5,001
Reaction score
262
Points
83
Location
California & Nevada ranches
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Controversy As Transgender Man Wins First Place In Cooking Contest



FAIRHOPE, AL—A controversy has erupted as a transgender man took first place in a male-only cooking contest. The biological woman, Pat Miller, who now identifies as male, shattered all previous records, making delicious sandwiches and whipping up a mean casserole to take first prize in every single category in the men's division.



Critics say the woman was clearly just identifying as a man so she could dominate the men's division of the cooking contest. They pointed out that she was clearly a woman with a mustache and goatee drawn on her face and that her biological feminine instincts gave her unfair advantages against the men.

https://babylonbee.com/news/transgender-man-wins-first-place-in-cooking-contest
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,964
Reaction score
616
Points
113
Age
50
Location
Camulodunum
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
The Onion: Orthodox Edition ;D
 

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
5,001
Reaction score
262
Points
83
Location
California & Nevada ranches
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
This little sweetie pants feels like a man ~ no she must be making a point against transassboleism ```
 

Agabus

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
6,330
Reaction score
18
Points
38
Faith
Magnificat
Jurisdiction
La Virgen de Caridad del Cobre
Arachne said:
The Onion: Orthodox Edition ;D
The Bee is an occasionally funny, often reactionary Young, Restless and Reformed edition.

 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,964
Reaction score
616
Points
113
Age
50
Location
Camulodunum
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Sethrak said:
This little sweetie pants feels like a man ~ no she must be making a point against transassboleism
You can't tell a spoof when you see it, can you?
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,964
Reaction score
616
Points
113
Age
50
Location
Camulodunum
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK

RobS

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 30, 2014
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Sethrak said:
This little sweetie pants feels like a man ~ no she must be making a point against transassboleism ```
 

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Age
74
Location
Finland
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church of Finland
biro said:
How does this affect anyone's life at all?
Well, it made me hungry.  ;)
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,417
Reaction score
289
Points
83
Age
40
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
biro said:
How does this affect anyone's life at all?
By definition it did affect Sethrak’s life if it made him think it was a good idea to post this here for the rest of us.  Sethrak’s at least an anyone.
 

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
5,001
Reaction score
262
Points
83
Location
California & Nevada ranches
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Stir the dutk pot and it comes to the top ```


I think she's lovely and as golum would say: A spoof, sweet one ~ wonder if she skis and plays chess ```




morning good
 

Aram

High Elder
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
610
Reaction score
3
Points
18
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Do you realize that trans people deal with heightened levels of violence and intimidation on a daily basis for doing basic things like riding trains and walking down the street, have been shown to be subject to increased instances of police harassment and violence, etc.? Do you realize the basic, everyday challenges they face just for being themselves? And that's not even taking into account higher instances of suicide and mental distress.

Is their humanity a joke to you? Do you really think this is funny? Have you considered what your hardness of heart might do to offend, or even threaten people who just want to live their lives?

Sethrak, maintain a rigid gender binary if you will under the banner of the Armenian Church, but don't pretend that it gives you the right to be cruel and uncharitable. Talk to a trans person. Hear them. And maybe you'll think twice about putting up a jokey photoshop that insults their personhood, much less completely misunderstand what trans is.

Frankly, it's sickening to me that this thread has remained up for over a day.
 

reclusivus

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East
Aram said:
Do you realize that trans people deal with heightened levels of violence and intimidation on a daily basis for doing basic things like riding trains and walking down the street, have been shown to be subject to increased instances of police harassment and violence, etc.? Do you realize the basic, everyday challenges they face just for being themselves? And that's not even taking into account higher instances of suicide and mental distress.

Is their humanity a joke to you? Do you really think this is funny? Have you considered what your hardness of heart might do to offend, or even threaten people who just want to live their lives?

Sethrak, maintain a rigid gender binary if you will under the banner of the Armenian Church, but don't pretend that it gives you the right to be cruel and uncharitable. Talk to a trans person. Hear them. And maybe you'll think twice about putting up a jokey photoshop that insults their personhood, much less completely misunderstand what trans is.

Frankly, it's sickening to me that this thread has remained up for over a day.
I'm sure Christ will love to hear these excuses uttered literally millions of times over at the Day of Judgement.

...and btw, I know a Transgender personally who was depressed, moreso after taking hormones, and became Orthodox and then de-transitioned and couldn't be happier because he knows the truth of life now.

We are not gods. I can understand why someone would want to be the other gender, or even a fictitious third one. But understanding does not ever imply endorsement.

It is toil and pain to genuinely feel like you "ought to" be born a woman, I'm sure. Although before anything else I would recommend a male to start a firm exercise regimen and lots of lifting weights, quit the Internet and adult material, healthy general lifestyle and get a girlfriend. Our lifestyle has been wrecking our hormones in every way, from pollution to diet to being sedentary men and women are both suffering (on that note please try to refrain from eating or drinking out of plastic, seek glass and metal).

If those feelings still persist even after escaping the relative hell of being a soft domesticated modern western male, then in that case we end up back to the same square as gay men, which Bible Illustrated put tactfully on the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYEwA_xUUQU
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,964
Reaction score
616
Points
113
Age
50
Location
Camulodunum
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
reclusivus said:
It is toil and pain to genuinely feel like you "ought to" be born a woman, I'm sure. Although before anything else I would recommend a male to start a firm exercise regimen and lots of lifting weights, quit the Internet and adult material, healthy general lifestyle and get a girlfriend. Our lifestyle has been wrecking our hormones in every way, from pollution to diet to being sedentary men and women are both suffering (on that note please try to refrain from eating or drinking out of plastic, seek glass and metal).
I legit lol'd.
 

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
5,001
Reaction score
262
Points
83
Location
California & Nevada ranches
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Seek you the Lord ~ if your ladder of life is leaning the right wall ~ you will have a good life ~ clean up the mess ~ and help me if I slip from the Word of God ```
 

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
5,001
Reaction score
262
Points
83
Location
California & Nevada ranches
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Եթե ​​նա գա, բայց առանց Աստծո խոսքի, էլի լավ չէ

If any come but without this word (word & way of God ~ don't even wish him a good day ```

Get behind (go back) Shatan
 

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,477
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Sunny Southern Cal
reclusivus said:
I'm sure Christ will love to hear these excuses uttered literally millions of times over at the Day of Judgement.
Well, being that He's Christ, I assume He was already familiar with *all* of our excuses for sinning (not just the trannies) BEFORE He became man and died on the Cross for us.

And aren't we supposed to be looking more closely at our *own* sins and faults, not at those of our brothers and sisters? Or is that just during Lent?
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
24,065
Reaction score
473
Points
83
Age
49
Website
archiveofourown.org
Do people get into Heaven simply by the fact of being heterosexual?

I can see people at the gates.

"Let me in."

"Why?"

"I like girls."

"Good enough for me!"

I mean, is that all it takes?
 

Aram

High Elder
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
610
Reaction score
3
Points
18
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Again, it's shocking to me that this thread continues to remain two days later.
 

reclusivus

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East
biro said:
Do people get into Heaven simply by the fact of being heterosexual?

I can see people at the gates.

"Let me in."

"Why?"

"I like girls."

"Good enough for me!"

I mean, is that all it takes?
Pretending to be a woman, just like practically any other sin, is not an automatic ticket to Hell first class. But it's not something to brushed off either.

I tell you what. The exact moment a Church Council approves of or even tolerates transsexuality, I will support and defend it to my last breath. :) Because Christ leads the Church and the Church is infallible, no?

Or even just find me one (1) single Saint in the 2000 years of the Church who even tolerates such a concept.

But until then, my dearest apologies, but a man giving birth will always ring the ominous tune of the dæmonic Black Mass. On that note, a lot of occultic symbolism of Baphomet/Lucifer tends to be hermaphroditic. Make of that what you will.
 

Brilko

Elder
Joined
Jun 1, 2017
Messages
394
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Location
Deeper into the Shadows
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
?
theistgal said:
reclusivus said:
I'm sure Christ will love to hear these excuses uttered literally millions of times over at the Day of Judgement.
Well, being that He's Christ, I assume He was already familiar with *all* of our excuses for sinning (not just the trannies) BEFORE He became man and died on the Cross for us.

And aren't we supposed to be looking more closely at our *own* sins and faults, not at those of our brothers and sisters? Or is that just during Lent?
My concern is less with individual’s sins than with the spreading of false gospel. The truth saves. Insanity doesn’t.
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
24,065
Reaction score
473
Points
83
Age
49
Website
archiveofourown.org
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
 

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,477
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Sunny Southern Cal
Hmm ... I'm starting to remember why I decided to take time off from the forum during Lent! Maybe it's time for ... second Lent? See ya!
 

reclusivus

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East
biro said:
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
I have no idea how those two premises are connected to each other.  What.

Can you please show me even one Saint of the Church who approves of or even tolerates transsexuality? I mean "tolerate" as in "doesn't mind because it's actually not a sinful state", obviously.

Yes, all transsexuals of any manifestation are fundamentally mentally ill. I know this because I have encountered literally thousands of them online. Whether it is from defective neural mapping and/or childhood trauma and/or hormonal imbalance and/or miscellaneous factors, it is a sickness that deserves treatment.

I do not hate them; as I mentioned before I even led one to Orthodoxy and he came to his senses and found actual happiness and stopped wanting to neck himself every day. Meanwhile your blind acceptance is nurturing a culture that is not only hurting the health of my generation, but also our immortal souls.

I'll close this subject with a rhetorical question that I think encapsulates this argument perfectly: Do you accuse God of being mutable and capricious in the social rules He ordered to the Hebrews under the Law?
 

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Age
246
Location
USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Midwest
theistgal said:
reclusivus said:
I'm sure Christ will love to hear these excuses uttered literally millions of times over at the Day of Judgement.
Well, being that He's Christ, I assume He was already familiar with *all* of our excuses for sinning (not just the trannies) BEFORE He became man and died on the Cross for us.

And aren't we supposed to be looking more closely at our *own* sins and faults, not at those of our brothers and sisters? Or is that just during Lent?
So i am supposed to turn a blind eye to someone leadinf others to hell?

They actively tell children it's ok to be homsexual, thats its ok to kill their babies. What Christian says, "Well i must only focus on my and my issues"?

No, we must fight evil when we see it, and shed light on it.
 

platypus

High Elder
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
713
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
Agabus said:
Arachne said:
The Onion: Orthodox Edition ;D
The Bee is an occasionally funny, often reactionary Young, Restless and Reformed edition.
I'd love for someone to come out with an Orthodox parody news site in English. Babylon Bee and Eye of the Tiber are both hilarious. It would be amusing to see our own folly satired.
 

Justin Kolodziej

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
43
Faith
Kierkegaardian absurdity
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
platypus said:
Agabus said:
Arachne said:
The Onion: Orthodox Edition ;D
The Bee is an occasionally funny, often reactionary Young, Restless and Reformed edition.
I'd love for someone to come out with an Orthodox parody news site in English. Babylon Bee and Eye of the Tiber are both hilarious. It would be amusing to see our own folly satired.
We had one more or less: The Onion Dome. But it's gone.
 

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Age
246
Location
USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Midwest
biro said:
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
Mentally unhinged.

No.

If someone wants to cut their hand off, leg or nose is that insane? Is it ok if someone wants to blind themselves?
 

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,477
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Sunny Southern Cal
Rubricnigel said:
biro said:
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
Mentally unhinged.

No.

If someone wants to cut their hand off, leg or nose is that insane? Is it ok if someone wants to blind themselves?
"If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out."
 

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Age
74
Location
Finland
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church of Finland
theistgal said:
Rubricnigel said:
biro said:
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
Mentally unhinged.

No.

If someone wants to cut their hand off, leg or nose is that insane? Is it ok if someone wants to blind themselves?
"If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out."
Are Jesus' listeners supposed to take that as a literal command about one eye or as a metaphor with wider (and less gruesome) application?
 

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,477
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Sunny Southern Cal
FinnJames said:
theistgal said:
Rubricnigel said:
biro said:
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
Mentally unhinged.

No.

If someone wants to cut their hand off, leg or nose is that insane? Is it ok if someone wants to blind themselves?
"If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out."
Are Jesus' listeners supposed to take that as a literal command about one eye or as a metaphor with wider (and less gruesome) application?
You and I would probably say it's a metaphor, but there have certainly been people who have taken it literally. That "Little House" episode where Ma reads it and hoists a giant knife over her knee springs to mind. (I assume she didn't go through with it, but I switched to "The Big Bang Theory" during the commercial break, so who knows?  ;D )
 

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Age
246
Location
USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Midwest
theistgal said:
Rubricnigel said:
biro said:
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
Mentally unhinged.

No.

If someone wants to cut their hand off, leg or nose is that insane? Is it ok if someone wants to blind themselves?
"If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out."
But would cutting it off (we are all adults and know what they are cutting off) help the person, or harm them?

I think somethings need guidance, spiritually that is.
 

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
21,477
Reaction score
1,381
Points
113
Age
161
Location
Wandering Fool
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
biro said:
Do people get into Heaven simply by the fact of being heterosexual?

I can see people at the gates.

"Let me in."

"Why?"

"I like girls."

"Good enough for me!"

I mean, is that all it takes?
Is it a woman saying that she likes girls?

Then, no.
 

Svartzorn

High Elder
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
32
Location
Brasília/DF, Brazil
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
?
Aram said:
Do you realize that trans people deal with heightened levels of violence and intimidation on a daily basis for doing basic things like riding trains and walking down the street, have been shown to be subject to increased instances of police harassment and violence, etc.?
Don't care.

Do you realize the basic, everyday challenges they face just for being themselves? And that's not even taking into account higher instances of suicide and mental distress.
Maybe instead of chopping your parts off you should look for a shrink or something.
People laugh at my moustache, I'm just being myself. Should I start a movement?

Is their humanity a joke to you?
Yes, specially given the fact they're posthuman.

Do you really think this is funny?
Yes.

Have you considered what your hardness of heart might do to offend, or even threaten people who just want to live their lives?
The name of the game.

Sethrak, maintain a rigid gender binary if you will under the banner of the Armenian Church, but don't pretend that it gives you the right to be cruel and uncharitable.
It's doesn't. He's just laughing at this clown world and how people are pushing senseless stuff on everybody to satisfy the needs of a few.

Talk to a trans person.
What for?

Hear them.
You're probably misgendering someone. You better not be in a place where that's a criminal offense.

And maybe you'll think twice about putting up a jokey photoshop that insults their personhood
Name of the game.

much less completely misunderstand what trans is.
A baloney term to pass mental illness for an identity.

Frankly, it's sickening to me that this thread has remained up for over a day.
It's sickening to me that so many liberals post on christian forums, but I still did the right thing and apologized to the ones I've offended.
I'm done having arguments. Nowadays I just sit back, point and laugh at the clown world.
Honk honk, call me an extremist.

Now that I've dealt with this comment, my opinion on the particular topic subject goes as fallows:

Transgenics shouldn't be on food competitions because eating transgenics is bad for you.
They did experiments with mice and the little guys developed cancer. That's what transgenics get you. This is probably Monsanto piggybacking on a baloney cause and that only works because leftists are no longer distrustful of faceless multinational capitalistic corporations, but rather run and fund them.
In the mean time, that's a woman, baby.

 

Svartzorn

High Elder
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
32
Location
Brasília/DF, Brazil
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
?
theistgal said:
FinnJames said:
theistgal said:
Rubricnigel said:
biro said:
Do you think transgender people are insane?

Do you think there are no insane heterosexuals in the world?
Mentally unhinged.

No.

If someone wants to cut their hand off, leg or nose is that insane? Is it ok if someone wants to blind themselves?
"If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out."
Are Jesus' listeners supposed to take that as a literal command about one eye or as a metaphor with wider (and less gruesome) application?
You and I would probably say it's a metaphor, but there have certainly been people who have taken it literally. That "Little House" episode where Ma reads it and hoists a giant knife over her knee springs to mind. (I assume she didn't go through with it, but I switched to "The Big Bang Theory" during the commercial break, so who knows?  ;D )
Been done before. Both things.

Among the body integrity identity disorder sufferers in the documentary "Whole" by Melody Gilbert, broadcast on the Sundance Channel in May 2003, is a Florida man who shot his own leg so it would be amputated in the emergency room, and a man from Liverpool, England, who packed his leg in dry ice for the same reason. The man who froze his leg referred to the resulting amputation as "body correction surgery."

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/22/health/psychology/at-war-with-their-bodies-they-seek-to-sever-limbs.html

Jewel, 30, from North Carolina, USA, has Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID), a condition in which able-bodied people believe they are meant to be disabled.

Her need to lose her sight was so strong that in 2006 she decided to blind herself - by having a sympathetic assistant pour DRAIN CLEANER into her eyes.


http://www.barcroft.tv/body-Integrity-identity-disorder-woman-makes-herself-blind-drain-cleaner

 
Top