• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Travelling myrrh-streaming icons

melkite

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Jurisdiction
Eparchy of Newton
Is there an easy way to find the schedules of myrrh-streaming icons travelling throughout North America? I remember recently hearing about an icon at an Orthodox parish in my area, but wasn't particularly interested in it at the time, so didn't pay much attention. If it's not possible to venerate an icon when it is at a nearby parish, how does one go about getting some of the myrrh?

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Write to the custodian of the icon.

melkite

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Jurisdiction
Eparchy of Newton
Write to the custodian of the icon.
Thanks for the advise!

Are there other icons that frequently make the rounds? When I do a google search, the Hawaiian icon comes up frequently. I found where I could request some myrrh to be sent to me and did so. But I'm wondering if there are others that I should be looking for.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
There is a myrrh-streaming icon of the Theorokos Softener of Evil Hearts that travels around the world, but I believe it is in Russia.

The Kardiotissa Icon of the Mother of God, at St. George Orthodox Church in Taylor, Pennsylvania has also streamed myrrh and has traveled, but not frequently or extensively.

Also, the icon of St. Anna from St. Tikhon's monastery has traveled a lot. Although it rarely weeps myrrh, many miracles have occurred due to St. Anna's intercessions.