• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Tsar Michael?

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
All (and especially the Russians),

Have any of you seen this news?

http://www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk/tsarmica.htm

I'd be interested to see what people think of it and especially whether they think a renewed monarchy in Russia is either possible or desirable. Whether or not Prince Michael of Kent is the best choice I don't know, but I have to admit that the idea does appeal to me to some degree.

James

eleni

Reaction score
Here is a prophecy .....by THE CLAIRVOYANT MONK

A soft light was diffused throughout the hall.  In the rays of the setting sun, it seemed that the biblical motifs upon the Gobelin tapestries embroidered with gold and silver were springing to life.  The the lines on the splendid Guarengi parquet floor gleamed in their elegance.  Quietude and solemnity reigned all about.

The fixed gaze of Emperor Paul Petrovich was met by the meek eyes of Monk Avel, who stood before him.  Reflected in them, as though in a mirror, were love, peace and joy.......more in the link that I provided.

A Prophecy that came out...the Tsar of Russia /Have mercy on our souls and Pray for us/
here is part of the prophecy....
“To Nicholas the Second - the Holy Tsar, like unto Job the Much-suffering.
  He will exchange the royal diadem for a crown of thorns; he shall be betrayed by his own people, much as the Son of God once was.  There shall be a war, a great war, a world warGǪ 
Men will fly in the air like birds; they will swim beneath the waters like fish; they will begin to annihilate one another with foetid-smelling brimstone.
Treachery will increase and multiply. 
On the eve of victory, the Royal Throne will fall and tears shall quench the thirst of the damp earth.
  A muzhik with an axe will seize power in his madness and a truly Egyptian plague will set in”GǪ 
Avel the Seer began to sob bitterly and through his tears he quietly continued:

“Later, the Jew shall flay the Russian Land with a scorpion,
looting its Hallows,
shutting down the Churches of God, executing the best people of Russia.
This is by God’s allowance, it is the wrath of the Lord for Russia’s rejection of the Holy Tsar.
The Scriptures testify concerning Him.
The Nineteenth, Twentieth and Ninetieth Psalms have revealed his entire destiny to me.

“‘Now have I come to know that the Lord hath saved His Christ; He shall hear Him from His Holy Heaven, strong is the right hand of His salvation’.

“‘Great is His glory through Thy salvation, splendour and majesty dost Thou place upon him’.

“‘I shall be with him in tribulation; I shall rescue him and glorify him; length of days shall I grant him; and I shall show him My salvation’. (Ps. 19, 7; 20, 6; 90, 15-16)

“Abiding in the support of the Almighty,
He shall be seated upon the Throne of Glory.
  And His royal brother is he concerning whom it was revealed to the Prophet Daniel: ‘And there shall arise in that day Michael,
the great prince,
who standeth for the sons of thy people’GǪ (Dan. 12, 1)

http://www.geocities.com/kitezhgrad/prophets/clairmonk.html
Glory be to God.
I.X
helen
Christ is Risen
He truly is Risen

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
eleni,

So I guess that means you'd be in favour of Prince Michael of Kent being crowned Tsar? In any case it will be interesting to see what happens.

James

eleni

Reaction score
Hi jm.....

Yes, I'm in favour of the Monarchy, being that it is favoured in God's eyes.

But what happens next is up to God .

PrinceMichael of Kent looks like the Tsar Nicholas ......did you see that?
Christ is Risen
I.X
helen

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au

eleni

Reaction score
Thanks oz George......

:(

Oh well, maybe he will step down and who knows?

I.X
helen

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
I wouldn't get too excited. Prince Michael of Kent is not only a Freemason, he is " Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons". http://www.addenbrookes.org.uk/news/news2003/oct/prince_michael_021003.html Which is a real shame, as it would be cool to have Princess Michael as Tsarina since she is Australian!
Is he really? I don't suppose I should be surprised - plenty of royals and aristocrats have been involved in Freemasonry. Do you think that would actually make a difference, though? Obviously we, as Orthodox Christians, would rather that any future Tsar was Orthodox and not a Freemason but would Russia write that into the constitution (rather like England's 'not a Catholic' clause)? I actually rather doubt it.

Who knows, though, might he not convert and renounce Freemasonry in the event he did become Tsar - that way you'd get your Ozzy Tsarina and you could still be proud of them.

James

eleni

Reaction score
I guess God can foresee what will come out from all this......
Do you think that the prophecy in Daniel, is speaking about a future king named Prince Michael?

We all live in hope and maybe....
I.X
helen

Augustine

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
www.beyondnihilism.blogspot.com
Tsar St.Nicholas II HRH Prince Michael of Kent

Interestingly enough, Prince Michael is related to Tsar St.Nicholas on both sides of his family. It also turns out his mother (Princess Marina) was Greek.

Due to the fact he married a Roman Catholic, he's out of the succession for the throne of England/British Commonwealth, but it's not as if he was "up there" in the succession for that anyway. From reading his biographical information (available at his website), he's something of a Russophile, and speaks Russian fluently.

Official Website of HRH Prince Michael of Kent

I'd imagine he's an Anglican, so that (and his apparent involvement in Freemasonry, at least according to what another person in this forum has indicated) would have to change were he to be made Tsar.

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Augustine said:
I'd imagine he's an Anglican, so that (and his apparent involvement in Freemasonry, at least according to what another person in this forum has indicated) would have to change were he to be made Tsar.
I'd guess so, but that would hardly be unusual - just look at Prince Phillip. He gave up Orthodoxy when he married the Queen and he was hardly the first royal to change religion for dynastic reasons. The Romanian kings were German (whether Catholic or Protestant I'm not sure) but they became Orthodox when they were given the throne. Practically every European royal is related to every other yet there are Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox and conversions from one to the other seem pretty common - maybe that's why they're so often enamoured of Freemasonry.

James

eleni

Reaction score
Frremasonry is not allowed!

What about the ''others'' that teach the law of God and their freemasonry?

I.X
helen

Felipe Ortiz

Reaction score
I would be very happy if Monarchy was restored in Russia, and this feeling seems to be quite common among ROCOR members -- at least in my parish, whose members are essentially ethnic Russians, I guess everybody supports Monarchy. (I would also support the restoration of Monarchy in my own country, of course -- Brazil was under a monarchic rule between 1822 and 1889.)

As far as I know, nobody is able to claim the Russian throne on the strict grounds of the last Russian Succession Law; so, unfortunately, this Law has to be slightly disregarded if Russian monarchy is to be restored. I am decidedly not an expert in the subject, but I suppose the best claims are made by the Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia.

That "great prince Michael" mentioned in Monk Abel's prophecy could possibly be the Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich, brother of St. Nicholas II and himself a Royal New Martyr.

ania

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Personally I'm ambivalent towards the whole monarchy bit.  I want what is best for Russia, but I am not nearly well enough informed to know what that is. 
However, from his photos, I do not think I like him.

Tikhon29605

High Elder
Reaction score
Has anyone bother to ask the Russians in Russia whether or not they want the monarchy restored?

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Tikhon29605 said:
Has anyone bother to ask the Russians in Russia whether or not they want the monarchy restored?
Well, I was kind of hoping some Russians (hopefully at least with relatives in Russia) might answer, because that's the sort of question I was interested in asking.

There's a similar 'movement' (I put this in quotes because it's so small) in Romania to restore their monarchy, and those people often say it is for religious reasons. They always, however, talk of restoring the last monarchy (Germans) and so they don't get any support from the wider populace. If they could find a legitimate successor to a Romanian (ethnically) ruler - which actually wouldn't be terribly difficult - then they might get more support, especially if they were descended from someone like +Ptefan cel Mare (who is a saint).

In fact, given the fact that Romanians mistrust politicians so much, are sick of corruption, are rapidly becoming more religious and are overwhelmingly Orthodox, a genuine successor to +Ptefan (or perhaps Mihai Viteazul) might render 'Monarhia salveaza Rom+ónia' more than the empty slogan painted in foot high letters in central Bucharest that it currently is - they just don't want another German king from a line of fascist sympathisers. I was wondering whether the situation is somewhat similar to that of Russia vis a vis the Tsar and if (assuming restoration was desired at all) Prince Michael, as a foreigner, would cut the mustard.

If anyone does know about the current situation in Russia, I'd be very interested in learning more.

James