• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Ultramontanists

Status
Not open for further replies.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Apostle to the Church of ASD
orthonorm said:
Emoticons are rubbish and killing people's ability to understand simple rhetoric.

Since I am a fish swimming up stream, the above emoticon will be my universal way of suggesting any shade of meaning that could not be picked up by someone possibly incapable of passing a Turning test much less, the Voight-Kampff.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Wandering Sheep said:
'Cuz they all be German anyway, right? :) If it wasn't for that meddling Bismarck...
Piefke! //:=|

EDITED: To add emoticon.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Wandering Sheep said:
Fact remains that he did become a German citizen, he was the leader of Germany, he spoke of German racial superiority, etc, etc...
And all without becoming Lutheran as Synleszka claims.

So that distinquishes him from the rest of the Austrians how?

Btw, Hitler first gained prominence when he interrupted and debated a speaker advocating Bavarian reunion with Austria. 

And we Prussians know that Bavaria resulted out of a failed attempt to make Germans out of the Austrians.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Wandering Sheep said:
orthonorm said:
Wandering Sheep said:
'Cuz they all be German anyway, right? :) If it wasn't for that meddling Bismarck...

Northern German and proud of it. :D
Saupreiß! //:=|

Wandering Sheep

Reaction score
ialmisry said:
Wandering Sheep said:
Fact remains that he did become a German citizen, he was the leader of Germany, he spoke of German racial superiority, etc, etc...
And all without becoming Lutheran as Synleszka claims.

So that distinquishes him from the rest of the Austrians how?

Btw, Hitler first gained prominence when he interrupted and debated a speaker advocating Bavarian reunion with Austria. 

And we Prussians know that Bavaria resulted out of a failed attempt to make Germans out of the Austrians.
Plenty of Roman Catholic and atheist Germans as well, you know...

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
ialmisry said:
Trying to make an Austrian into a German is like trying to turn an edelweiss in to a cold, dead fish. //:=|

Wandering Sheep

Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Wandering Sheep said:
orthonorm said:
Wandering Sheep said:

Northern German and proud of it. :D
Saupreiß! //:=|
More like Kätzchenpreis, thank you very much.  :angel:

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
ialmisry said:
Trying to make an Austrian into a German is like trying to turn an edelweiss in to a cold, dead fish. //:=|
Ich bin auch Berliner.
A Berliner and a Bavarian are arguing about who has it best. The Bavarian effusively describes the majestic Alps and asks the Berliner if there is anything like them in Berlin. "No," says the Berliner, "we don't have any mountains. But if we did, they would certainly be higher than yours."
http://info.wsj.com/classroom/archive/wsjce.00jan.cover.html

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
orthonorm said:
Ad Orientem said:
I haven't been around for long.  So pardon me if I'm jumping to conclusions or being harshly judgmental.  All of which said... this thread is L A M E.  Seriously.  Don't people have better things to do with their time, like count the blades of grass on their lawn?
Inside baseball. Go play with the wiffle ball bat, the big red one with the huge sweet spot that Johnny just can't miss with, till you are ready to at least hit from a tee.

Oh yeah, welcome.
I was looking for some pins to count angels, but I fell asleep first.

BTW, I thought that Ukrainians, Rusyns, Lemkos etc... had a monopoly on endless arguments about language and ethnicity, but it looks like I was wrong upon trying to follow this thread after it went off the rails.  :D :D :D

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
I must say, the mucking at the bottoms of all the cultural barrels must do wonders for the souls of both ialmisry and synleszka.

I am in awe that you are able to do this, because when I do such a thing, I turn into a barbaric ass.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Schultz said:
I must say, the mucking at the bottoms of all the cultural barrels must do wonders for the souls of both ialmisry and synleszka.

I am in awe that you are able to do this, because when I do such a thing, I turn into a barbaric ass.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Schultz said:

It's the German in you.

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
synLeszka said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSKHsIq3T3k&feature=player_embedded

U Belarusi pili za stalina!!!   In Belarus they drank for Stalin!
Commemorations of St.Joseph Jewgashvili: standard 100 grammes in rememberance of his blessed memory.
Give me a break, please! You may want to insult and goad one particular poster but you are truly insulting and offending all of us here - including your fellow Roman Catholics by your behavior. While I understand the complexities of the Polish/Russian historical animosity, it does not excuse your lumping all of Orthodoxy in with some crackpots. As a Catholic, do accept these people as being representative of your faith? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81i-BE2wvs  I rather think not.

Attaching the heretical, insane musings of a few ultra-nationalist neo-fascists to the whole of Orthodoxy is the same sinful behavior secularists in the west engage in when they lump all Christians into the same box with the crazy self-proclaimed preacher from Florida who burned the Koran. Without youtube and the media no one would ever have heard of him or the neo-Stalinists.

If you are in fact a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing, who honors the Virgin Mary, fulfills your Sunday obligations and are in regular receipt of the Blessed Sacrament you should march yourself to your parish priest in humility and confess your offense to the Orthodox whom your own Holy Fathers regard as a sister church to yours.

Pride goeth before a fall as we are taught.

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
orthonorm said:
Schultz said:

It's the German in you.
That's exactly what my wife says, but she's Polish, so what does she know? ;)

synLeszka

High Elder
Reaction score
That was the first post on my facebook. I choose to share it.

This forum is boring now. Heorhij and Stashko have stopped posting, they kept this forum up. I think I should follow them.

synLeszka

High Elder
Reaction score
Swan song post replete with ad hominems removed.
For this post which is replete with ad hominems, you're being put on 99 day post moderation.  Since you want to leave so bad, perhaps this will help.  Appeal to Fr. George if you think this is in error.  - Schultz.

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
synLeszka said:
Swan song post replete with ad hominems removed.
Good Luck! Here are a couple of old American favorite sayings for your journey:

1. If you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say anything at all. and,

2. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

My suggestion regarding confession stands, by the way, you will feel better.

Pax vobiscum!

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Schultz said:
orthonorm said:
Schultz said:

It's the German in you.
Nice.

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Schultz said:
orthonorm said:
Schultz said:

It's the German in you.
:D :D :D

Why am I not surprised. 

God promises His justice and his mercy!!... :laugh:...and so he married the two of you!!

Fondly,

M.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
ialmisry said:
synLeszka said:
Stop it, who cares?? Those Poles were for the major part Roman Catholic. It is better that those ultramontanist be destroyed by the armies of Lutheran Germany. After all Roman Catholics are the sons of the antichrist, worse than the Turks, all of them are nazist cooperators, et cetera. After all, the Poles deserved to be annihilated, being Catholics. ;D ;D ;D
Don't cry over ultramontanists.
Hitler wasn't Lutheran. He was one of your ultramontanists. And his martyr complex resembles yours.
You're an ultramontanist.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Papist said:
ialmisry said:
synLeszka said:
Stop it, who cares?? Those Poles were for the major part Roman Catholic. It is better that those ultramontanist be destroyed by the armies of Lutheran Germany. After all Roman Catholics are the sons of the antichrist, worse than the Turks, all of them are nazist cooperators, et cetera. After all, the Poles deserved to be annihilated, being Catholics. ;D ;D ;D
Hitler wasn't Lutheran. He was one of your ultramontanists. And his martyr complex resembles yours.
I'm not even an ultramarist, although I do follow the Pope.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical by default
Jurisdiction
Spiritually homeless
Might wanna ask your beloved Pope why he rollz with heretics, jus sayin... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_uAh37joU&feature=related

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
ialmisry said:
Papist said:
ialmisry said:
synLeszka said:
You're an Ultramontantist

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Might wanna ask your beloved Pope why he rollz with heretics, jus sayin... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_uAh37joU&feature=related
I take it you are refering to me, and not Papist.  I can't get youtube here, but I'm guessing this has to do with Vassula, who was baptized in the Patriarchate of Alexandria but who now is (or was) in the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarch and has been dealt with?

If it is something else, you will have to indicate/summarize for me to answer.

Since "papist", when used as a general noun, is a forbidden epithet on this forum, I changed your use of this word to the proper noun used as a username by the poster to whom Volnutt may have been speaking.  -PtA

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Papist said:
ialmisry said:
Papist said:
ialmisry said:
synLeszka said:
Didn't you get that warning "You have already submitted this post"?

Or is it some reference to HAH's jurisdicton over All of Africa?

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical by default
Jurisdiction
Spiritually homeless
ialmisry said:
Volnutt said:
I take it you are refering to me, and not the papist.  I can't get youtube here, but I'm guessing this has to do with Vassula, who was baptized in the Patriarchate of Alexandria but who now is (or was) in the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarch and has been dealt with?

If it is something else, you will have to indicate/summarize for me to answer.
This is who I meant, yes.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
ialmisry said:
Papist said:
ialmisry said:
Papist said:
ialmisry said:
synLeszka said:
Didn't you get that warning "You have already submitted this post"?

Or is it some reference to HAH's jurisdicton over All of Africa?
Ultra...

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical by default
Jurisdiction
Spiritually homeless
Papist said:
...montanist
You're saying he believes tradition is superseded by the new revelations granted to the Prophet Montanus and his two companions?

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Vassula Ryden and those who follow her were excommunicated by the Patriarchate of Constantinople three months ago, on 16th March this year.

The official announcement in Greek
http://www.ec-patr.org/docdisplay.php?lang=gr&id=1306&tla=gr

In English
http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2011/03/announcement-on-vassula-ryden-by.html

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Papist said:
...montanist
You're saying he believes tradition is superseded by the new revelations granted to the Prophet Montanus and his two companions?
evidently our Papist doesn't know what he is saying, nor that Ultramontism is the other gospel preached by his supreme pontiff in Pastor Aeternus.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical by default
Jurisdiction
Spiritually homeless
Irish Hermit said:
Volnutt said:
Vassula Ryden and those who follow her were excommunicated by the Patriarchate of Constantinople three months ago, on 16th March this year.

In English
Does HAH Theodoros also support this? I know she'd already been recognized as self-excommunicated from the Greek Church in 2004.

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Irish Hermit said:
Volnutt said:

In English
Does HAH Theodoros also support this? I know she'd already been recognized as self-excommunicated from the Greek Church in 2004.
I don't imagine that he would want to rub salt into the wound by making public comments on the fate of this unfortunate lady.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical by default
Jurisdiction
Spiritually homeless
Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Well, there goes my attempt to deflate the triumphalist spitting context...  :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.