Universal Consensus Argument for the Existence of God

Reaction score
The following demonstration of consensus based on the Trinity is excerpted from pages 11-16 of my website at www.religiouspluralism.ca. Although an oversimplification in many ways, the number three is the first common denominator and birthmark of some very fundamental categories of reality, for example:

1) Space, i.e., length, breadth, and height or depth;
2) Time, i.e., past, present, and future;
3) Matter, i.e., solid, liquid, and gas;
4) Electro-magnetism, i.e., positive, negative, and neutral;
5) Atomic structure, i.e., protons, electrons, and neutrons;
6) The relationship between force, mass, and acceleration, i.e., F = ma;
7) The relationship between energy, matter, and light, i.e., E = MC2;
8) The relationship between the elements of the Pythagorean triangle i.e., Z2 = X2 + Y2.

In addition, the psychology of the human soul is understood in three essential aspects of being, i.e., personality or ego self-consciousness, mind or id – conscious and unconscious, and spirit or superego – unconscious even superconscious. Furthermore, the threefold nature of human religious predilections is apparent in three major views or cultural attitudes to the Absolute, i.e.:

1. Muslims and Jews may be said to worship only the first person of the Trinity, i.e. the existential Deity Absolute Creator, known as Allah or Yhwh, Abba or Father (as Jesus called him), Brahma, and other names; represented by Gabriel (Executive Archangel), Muhammad and Moses (mighty messenger prophets), and others.

2. Christians and Krishnan Hindus may be said to worship the first person through a second person, i.e. the experiential Universe or "Universal” Absolute Supreme Being (Allsoul or Supersoul), called Son/Christ or Vishnu/Krishna; represented by Michael (Supreme Archangel), Jesus (teacher and savior of souls), and others. The Allsoul is that gestalt of personal human consciousness, which we expect will be the "body of Christ" (Mahdi, Messiah, Kalki or Maitreya) in the second coming – personified in history by Muhammad, Jesus Christ, Buddha (9th incarnation of Vishnu), and others.

3. Shaivite Hindus, Buddhists, and Confucian-Taoists seem to venerate the synthesis of the first and second persons in a third person or appearance, ie. the Destiny Consummator of ultimate reality – unqualified Nirvana consciousness – associative Tao of All That Is – the absonite* Unconditioned Absolute Spirit “Synthesis of Source and Synthesis,”** who/which is logically expected to be Allah/Abba/Brahma glorified  in and by union with the Supreme Being – represented in religions by Gabriel, Michael, and other Archangels, Mahadevas, Spiritpersons, etc., who may be included within the mysterious Holy Ghost.

Other strains of religion seem to be psychological variations on the third person, or possibly combinations and permutations of the members of the Trinity – all just different personality perspectives on the Same God. Taken together, the world’s major religions give us at least two insights into the first person of this thrice-personal One God, two perceptions of the second person, and at least three glimpses of the third.

If, as it seems, it may be sufficiently demonstrated that the multidimensional nature of One God in Trinity manifestation is reflected in the religious pluralism of the world, and human psychology, as well as the metaphysics of space, time, matter, energy, force, atomic structure, etc; then and therefore, the existence of that God must be regarded as systematically self-evident. This proof anticipates the eventuation of a Universal Consensus of religion and science.

Samuel Stuart Maynes
www.religiouspluralism.ca

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Yeah, no go. I have an argument that rational arguments about the irrational are themselves irrational.

Read some New Atheist writers (I'm reading Sam Harris' Letter to a Christian Nation) and they'll tell you how silly these "arguments" for God are.

Reason cannot concretely prove the existence of God. It can only theoretically prove it.

Then there's this.

Again, Muslims say God is not a Father to anyone.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I still don't know why he keeps doing this. I doubt he'll sell many books to members of a website whose subject is Orthodox Christianity. It's like asking someone who drives a Land Rover if they want to go back to riding a tricycle. Why? We've already gone beyond that.  ???

yeshuaisiam

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
My family has a farm.  We raised chickens and turkeys amongst other animals.

My son came up and said "Which came first the chicken or the egg".... "It must have been the chicken because it had to incubate the egg".

He's right.  If you have ever raised chickens and incubated eggs in an incubator, you'd know how delicate of a process it is.  It has to be a perfect temp, humidity, and the eggs have to be turned at least a few times a day.  Otherwise they'll not hatch.

Turkey eggs are even more sensitive.  They need very delicate care.

Sorry this  behavior didn't evolve at these perfect temps, humidity, and turning of the eggs.  The chicken came first.

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
yeshuaisiam said:
My family has a farm.  We raised chickens and turkeys amongst other animals.

My son came up and said "Which came first the chicken or the egg".... "It must have been the chicken because it had to incubate the egg".

He's right.  If you have ever raised chickens and incubated eggs in an incubator, you'd know how delicate of a process it is.  It has to be a perfect temp, humidity, and the eggs have to be turned at least a few times a day.  Otherwise they'll not hatch.

Turkey eggs are even more sensitive.   They need very delicate care.

Sorry this  behavior didn't evolve at these perfect temps, humidity, and turning of the eggs.  The chicken came first.
Indeed.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'd rather read the OP's book than get into this evolution thing...

mctaviix

High Elder
Reaction score
Again, $60 for a book that basically says "It's all good"?

I mean, I don't wish you bad luck or anything but I can't imagine you made more than $30 from this venture; not counting expenses and the like.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
This is academic stuff, you pay extra for that  ;)

I actually am somewhat sympathetic with that... sort of... hmm...

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
There is no "Universal Consensus" when it comes to faith.  People believe or don't. 

Math lover

Reaction score
Samuel Stuart Maynes said:
The following demonstration of consensus based on the Trinity is excerpted from pages 11-16 of my website at www.religiouspluralism.ca. Although an oversimplification in many ways, the number three is the first common denominator and birthmark of some very fundamental categories of reality, for example:

8) The relationship between the elements of the Pythagorean triangle i.e., Z2 = X2 + Y2.

In addition, the psychology of the human soul is understood in three essential aspects of being, i.e., personality or ego self-consciousness, mind or id – conscious and unconscious, and spirit or superego – unconscious even superconscious. Furthermore, the threefold nature of human religious predilections is apparent in three major views or cultural attitudes to the Absolute, i.e.:

1. Muslims and Jews may be said to worship only the first person of the Trinity, i.e. the existential Deity Absolute Creator, known as Allah or Yhwh, Abba or Father (as Jesus called him), Brahma, and other names; represented by Gabriel (Executive Archangel), Muhammad and Moses (mighty messenger prophets), and others.

2. Christians and Krishnan Hindus may be said to worship the first person through a second person, i.e. the experiential Universe or "Universal” Absolute Supreme Being (Allsoul or Supersoul), called Son/Christ or Vishnu/Krishna; represented by Michael (Supreme Archangel), Jesus (teacher and savior of souls), and others. The Allsoul is that gestalt of personal human consciousness, which we expect will be the "body of Christ" (Mahdi, Messiah, Kalki or Maitreya) in the second coming – personified in history by Muhammad, Jesus Christ, Buddha (9th incarnation of Vishnu), and others.

3. Shaivite Hindus, Buddhists, and Confucian-Taoists seem to venerate the synthesis of the first and second persons in a third person or appearance, ie. the Destiny Consummator of ultimate reality – unqualified Nirvana consciousness – associative Tao of All That Is – the absonite* Unconditioned Absolute Spirit “Synthesis of Source and Synthesis,”** who/which is logically expected to be Allah/Abba/Brahma glorified  in and by union with the Supreme Being – represented in religions by Gabriel, Michael, and other Archangels, Mahadevas, Spiritpersons, etc., who may be included within the mysterious Holy Ghost.

Other strains of religion seem to be psychological variations on the third person, or possibly combinations and permutations of the members of the Trinity – all just different personality perspectives on the Same God. Taken together, the world’s major religions give us at least two insights into the first person of this thrice-personal One God, two perceptions of the second person, and at least three glimpses of the third.

If, as it seems, it may be sufficiently demonstrated that the multidimensional nature of One God in Trinity manifestation is reflected in the religious pluralism of the world, and human psychology, as well as the metaphysics of space, time, matter, energy, force, atomic structure, etc; then and therefore, the existence of that God must be regarded as systematically self-evident. This proof anticipates the eventuation of a Universal Consensus of religion and science.

Samuel Stuart Maynes
Telling people to believe in something because the majority of people do is committing a logical fallacy.

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
Math lover said:
Samuel Stuart Maynes said:

Samuel Stuart Maynes
Telling people to believe in something because the majority of people do is committing a logical fallacy.
<a href="http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024/article">I agree</a>

PP

mctaviix

High Elder
Reaction score
primuspilus said:
TheTrisagion said:
I think Sam left us.
Must be going to another website to start his commercial over again.

PP
Odd that he has been a member since 2011 considering all of his posts have consisted of swilling his book.