• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Vassula Ryden Excommunicated

Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Location
Albuquerque, NM
ICXCNIKA said:
An abuse in a Roman parish???! Of course I could have been confused by the jarring sounds of the Rock and Roll mass, The 20 girl altar servers etc.
I often make fun of the abuses that happen in the Catholic Church, but due to my insecurities concerning the fact that your liturgy is in order and ours is not, I feel as if you are being unnecessarily sarcastic and I am a little bit offended.

Of course, please realize that these feeling may be completely unjustified on my part, and I should not have emotionally reacted that way. I only wanted you to know how I feel. However, it does not mean that it wasn't okay for you to say what you did. I just didn't like it, and I definitely shouldn't.

Rock and Roll and altars girls are the least of my worries, honestly, when it comes to liturgical abuses. It shows you what a sad state we are in. Please pray for us.
 

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
3,817
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
USA
ICXCNIKA said:
An abuse in a Roman parish???! Of course I could have been confused by the jarring sounds of the Rock and Roll mass, The 20 girl altar servers etc.
Yes.
I wholeheatedly agree. I don't know what happened to the RCC after Vatican II.
 

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
3,817
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
USA
WetCatechumen said:
ICXCNIKA said:
An abuse in a Roman parish???! Of course I could have been confused by the jarring sounds of the Rock and Roll mass, The 20 girl altar servers etc.
I often make fun of the abuses that happen in the Catholic Church, but due to my insecurities concerning the fact that your liturgy is in order and ours is not, I feel as if you are being unnecessarily sarcastic and I am a little bit offended.
I think it is a legitimate concern of the Orthodox, expecially when Catholics are talking about reunion. Why is it not fair for faithful Orthodox Christians to ask what they are supposed to be uniting with? And are they supposed to just accept the Catholic liturgy with its dancing girls, its puppet Masses, its rock and roll music, etc.
 
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Location
Albuquerque, NM
stanley123 said:
WetCatechumen said:
ICXCNIKA said:
An abuse in a Roman parish???! Of course I could have been confused by the jarring sounds of the Rock and Roll mass, The 20 girl altar servers etc.
I often make fun of the abuses that happen in the Catholic Church, but due to my insecurities concerning the fact that your liturgy is in order and ours is not, I feel as if you are being unnecessarily sarcastic and I am a little bit offended.
I think it is a legitimate concern of the Orthodox, expecially when Catholics are talking about reunion. Why is it not fair for faithful Orthodox Christians to ask what they are supposed to be uniting with? And are they supposed to just accept the Catholic liturgy with its dancing girls, its puppet Masses, its rock and roll music, etc.
It's a wholly legitimate concern. I encourage criticism of the abuse from our Orthodox brethren.
 

stashko

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
4,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
WetCatechumen said:
stanley123 said:
WetCatechumen said:
ICXCNIKA said:
An abuse in a Roman parish???! Of course I could have been confused by the jarring sounds of the Rock and Roll mass, The 20 girl altar servers etc.
I often make fun of the abuses that happen in the Catholic Church, but due to my insecurities concerning the fact that your liturgy is in order and ours is not, I feel as if you are being unnecessarily sarcastic and I am a little bit offended.
I think it is a legitimate concern of the Orthodox, expecially when Catholics are talking about reunion. Why is it not fair for faithful Orthodox Christians to ask what they are supposed to be uniting with? And are they supposed to just accept the Catholic liturgy with its dancing girls, its puppet Masses, its rock and roll music, etc.
It's a wholly legitimate concern. I encourage criticism of the abuse from our Orthodox brethren.
My cure is sever all  Dialogue with  Rome, let Rome go its own way ,whatever that is...Holy Orthodoxy  should concentrate converting the whole world instead.... These talks with Rome lead no where. Rome  loves it's power to much to change...As Christ says cut the Defective Member off ....
 

ICXCNIKA

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
51
Points
48
Location
Lincoln, Nebraska
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Crimean Orthodox Church-MP
WetCatechumen said:
ICXCNIKA said:
An abuse in a Roman parish???! Of course I could have been confused by the jarring sounds of the Rock and Roll mass, The 20 girl altar servers etc.
I often make fun of the abuses that happen in the Catholic Church, but due to my insecurities concerning the fact that your liturgy is in order and ours is not, I feel as if you are being unnecessarily sarcastic and I am a little bit offended.

Of course, please realize that these feeling may be completely unjustified on my part, and I should not have emotionally reacted that way. I only wanted you to know how I feel. However, it does not mean that it wasn't okay for you to say what you did. I just didn't like it, and I definitely shouldn't.

Rock and Roll and altars girls are the least of my worries, honestly, when it comes to liturgical abuses. It shows you what a sad state we are in. Please pray for us.
It is not my intention to offend you and your fellow co-religionists. I was only trying to put into words the difficult circumstances that I had to endure. You are correct that these are not the worst of offenses. That in of itself is a problem. I could give worse examples I have been privy to but I would rather not go down that road. Forgive me if I offended you. I will pray for you. Please pray for me.
 
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Location
Albuquerque, NM
ICXCNIKA said:
WetCatechumen said:
ICXCNIKA said:
An abuse in a Roman parish???! Of course I could have been confused by the jarring sounds of the Rock and Roll mass, The 20 girl altar servers etc.
I often make fun of the abuses that happen in the Catholic Church, but due to my insecurities concerning the fact that your liturgy is in order and ours is not, I feel as if you are being unnecessarily sarcastic and I am a little bit offended.

Of course, please realize that these feeling may be completely unjustified on my part, and I should not have emotionally reacted that way. I only wanted you to know how I feel. However, it does not mean that it wasn't okay for you to say what you did. I just didn't like it, and I definitely shouldn't.

Rock and Roll and altars girls are the least of my worries, honestly, when it comes to liturgical abuses. It shows you what a sad state we are in. Please pray for us.
It is not my intention to offend you and your fellow co-religionists. I was only trying to put into words the difficult circumstances that I had to endure. You are correct that these are not the worst of offenses. That in of itself is a problem. I could give worse examples I have been privy to but I would rather not go down that road. Forgive me if I offended you. I will pray for you. Please pray for me.
No worries. Again, I wouldn't have these insecurities if my Church didn't do such a miserable job with its Liturgy some time.

And yes, I have seen some bad ones, and heard of much worse.
 

peccatorum

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well, altar girls are a necessity in the most humble parishes here in Brazil, since the guys only want to party at "samba" and "baile funk", to have easy, sheep sex. That's why there are few new priests in the roman catholic church, and almost everyone at my age in the orthodox parishes I knew are married and wish to be priests. That's terrible, WE ARE BACK TO THE '70 HERE!!!!!!! :'(
 

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
peccatorum said:
Well, altar girls are a necessity in the most humble parishes here in Brazil, since the guys only want to party at "samba" and "baile funk", to have easy, sheep sex. That's why there are few new priests in the roman catholic church, and almost everyone at my age in the orthodox parishes I knew are married and wish to be priests. That's terrible, WE ARE BACK TO THE '70 HERE!!!!!!! :'(
This is a raunchy comment. 

Sometimes it is better to ask whether or not it is prudent.

There are still ladies in the world...in case you don't get out much.
 

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
4,790
Reaction score
5
Points
0
Location
Brazil
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
peccatorum said:
Well, altar girls are a necessity in the most humble parishes here in Brazil, since the guys only want to party at "samba" and "baile funk", to have easy, sheep sex. That's why there are few new priests in the roman catholic church, and almost everyone at my age in the orthodox parishes I knew are married and wish to be priests. That's terrible, WE ARE BACK TO THE '70 HERE!!!!!!! :'(
I think you meant *cheap*, not "sheep", Peccatorum. :) "Sheep" are "ovelhas", and "ch" in English had the same pronunciation of "tch" in "tchau". :)

In Portuguese "sh" and "ch" have the same pronunciation, and many Brazilians do pronounce "cheap" and "sheep" exactly the same way, leading to this kind of misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, folks. :)
 

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Fabio Leite said:
peccatorum said:
Well, altar girls are a necessity in the most humble parishes here in Brazil, since the guys only want to party at "samba" and "baile funk", to have easy, sheep sex. That's why there are few new priests in the roman catholic church, and almost everyone at my age in the orthodox parishes I knew are married and wish to be priests. That's terrible, WE ARE BACK TO THE '70 HERE!!!!!!! :'(
I think you meant *cheap*, not "sheep", Peccatorum. :) "Sheep" are "ovelhas", and "ch" in English had the same pronunciation of "tch" in "tchau". :)

In Portuguese "sh" and "ch" have the same pronunciation, and many Brazilians do pronounce "cheap" and "sheep" exactly the same way, leading to this kind of misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, folks. :)
Well the last laugh is on ME!!...I should have seen that and did not!

Sorry 'bout that!!...and thanks for making it all clear Fabio!

M.
 

John Larocque

High Elder
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Paisius said:
There are a lot of bishops in the Catholic Church; it's inevitable that you're going to find one approving wacky things from time to time. Considering that bishops have approved clown masses I'm not sure why you find the idea that a couple of them approved of Vassula Ryden so hard to believe.
I've seen this phrase mentioned a few times, it's almost become a cliche. And yet, sometimes one needs to be reminded of events such as this one:
http://www.sanctepater.com/2010/01/cardinal-schonborns-mass.html

The "celebrant" is Cardinal Schoenborn. The mass is essentially a rock mass with balloons (!), and made the rounds at a couple of Catholic blogs. The video is well worth sitting through.

Schoenborn has stepped into it again regarding Medjugorje, sanctioning and welcoming their visionaries during "apparition time" at his Vienna cathedral, even though the local bishop of Mostar has forbidden any such activity in his diocese within the local churches of Bosnia. "This isn't collegial" is a phrase that's showing up on a few blogs,  but there's no reasoning that will satisfy supporters of suspect apparitions. Te Deum, Patrick Madrid's blog and Rorate Caeli have already sunk their teeth into the cardinal's latest incident.
 

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
However sensational, it is always worth noting that as with much of Orthodox "critique" of Catholics and the Catholic Church...the sensational is presented as normative,  while ignoring that boring majority of devout Catholics attending spiritually nourishing liturgies.



John Larocque said:
Paisius said:
There are a lot of bishops in the Catholic Church; it's inevitable that you're going to find one approving wacky things from time to time. Considering that bishops have approved clown masses I'm not sure why you find the idea that a couple of them approved of Vassula Ryden so hard to believe.
I've seen this phrase mentioned a few times, it's almost become a cliche. And yet, sometimes one needs to be reminded of events such as this one:
http://www.sanctepater.com/2010/01/cardinal-schonborns-mass.html

The "celebrant" is Cardinal Schoenborn. The mass is essentially a rock mass with balloons (!), and made the rounds at a couple of Catholic blogs. The video is well worth sitting through.

Schoenborn has stepped into it again regarding Medjugorje, sanctioning and welcoming their visionaries during "apparition time" at his Vienna cathedral, even though the local bishop of Mostar has forbidden any such activity in his diocese within the local churches of Bosnia. "This isn't collegial" is a phrase that's showing up on a few blogs,  but there's no reasoning that will satisfy supporters of suspect apparitions. Te Deum, Patrick Madrid's blog and Rorate Caeli have already sunk their teeth into the cardinal's latest incident.
 

Paisius

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
44
Location
Florida
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Depends on the mood
elijahmaria said:
However sensational, it is always worth noting that as with much of Orthodox "critique" of Catholics and the Catholic Church...the sensational is presented as normative,  while ignoring that boring majority of devout Catholics attending spiritually nourishing liturgies.

The problem is the "sensational" is but a symptom of a much deeper and more pervasive illness.
 

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Paisius said:
elijahmaria said:
However sensational, it is always worth noting that as with much of Orthodox "critique" of Catholics and the Catholic Church...the sensational is presented as normative,  while ignoring that boring majority of devout Catholics attending spiritually nourishing liturgies.

The problem is the "sensational" is but a symptom of a much deeper and more pervasive illness.
Can you be more specific please.

M.
 

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
3,817
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
USA
John Larocque said:
The mass is essentially a rock mass with balloons (!),
There are a whole lot of Catholic Masses like that. For example, here is a Mass celebrated by Roman Catholic bishop Remi de Roo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh_nqtp3VrU

Here is Stephen Colbert doing a liturgical dance routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
 

stashko

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
4,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Here is Stephen Colbert doing a liturgical dance routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
I like ,It's so funny.....Ha Ha Ha  ;D....Is this Guy Catholic and he Happened to wittiness a liturgical dance,  and now is Making Fun of it...... ???

Quotes edited - Michał Kalina
 

John Larocque

High Elder
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Points
16
They had liturgical dancing at a parish in London, Ontario when I was younger. We walked out and didn't bother to stay until the end. Any parish and any service that has liturgical dancing is not worth attending. The priest once gave a verbal dressing down of parishioners who put less and less into the collection plate (as a reaction to liturgical inanities or what not). Hey, if it hits them in the wallet, they'll notice.

Remi de Roo was one of the most liberal Canadian bishops. Back then, you would hear a lot about social justice, nuclear war (i.e. White House is bad), poverty - although they were often very quiet if those social  justice concerns included abortion. They used to beat the drums on those issues, with a chorus of supporters on newspapers like "Catholic New Times" . Some of the same prelates presided over the liturgical destruction that went on in their dioceses and a few of them covered up abuse as well, shuffling priests around from parish to parish. I recall that Thomas Gumbleton of Detroit was the essentially the American counterpart to de Roo. There was a newspaper debate between de Roo and future Catholic convert Conrad Black where he took the bishop to task over their support for socialism.
 

John Larocque

High Elder
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Points
16
A lawyer in the local paper made an astounding claim. He represented some female victims in the abuse scandal, and cited statements that the accused priest made apparently in the 1970s, to wit, that  "altar girls" were coming to the Church, and that it was the new, hip modern thing. But the real motivation (according to the lawyer) was that altar girls was the chief vehicle for heterosexually inclined priests to be in proximity with victims of the opposite sex. This is possibly the creepiest thing I have ever heard regarding the introduction of the practice. Altar girls finally got Vatican approval by the Venerable John Paul II. Most of the arguments that I've come across defending the Vatican were along the lines that if they cracked down on liturgical or doctrinal abuses, entire wings of the church would fall into schism. So, rather than watching their church go into schism, they'd wait for the Vatican II fossils to retire. The JP II episcopal appointees were a mixed bag - Roger Mahony for example (who was key in getting some Ratzinger books to the American market).
 
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Location
Albuquerque, NM
stanley123 said:
John Larocque said:
The mass is essentially a rock mass with balloons (!),
There are a whole lot of Catholic Masses like that. For example, here is a Mass celebrated by Roman Catholic bishop Remi de Roo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh_nqtp3VrU

Here is Stephen Colbert doing a liturgical dance routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
:D

Wow. That was amazing. Thank you Stephen for making it look as ridiculous as it is.
 

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
John Larocque said:
A lawyer in the local paper made an astounding claim. He represented some female victims in the abuse scandal, and cited statements that the accused priest made apparently in the 1970s, to wit, that  "altar girls" were coming to the Church, and that it was the new, hip modern thing. But the real motivation (according to the lawyer) was that altar girls was the chief vehicle for heterosexually inclined priests to be in proximity with victims of the opposite sex. This is possibly the creepiest thing I have ever heard regarding the introduction of the practice. Altar girls finally got Vatican approval by the Venerable John Paul II. Most of the arguments that I've come across defending the Vatican were along the lines that if they cracked down on liturgical or doctrinal abuses, entire wings of the church would fall into schism. So, rather than watching their church go into schism, they'd wait for the Vatican II fossils to retire. The JP II episcopal appointees were a mixed bag - Roger Mahony for example (who was key in getting some Ratzinger books to the American market).
IF you were building your retirement package from revenue gleaned from the Catholic Church, would you not try to exaggerate the situation to your own and your client's advantage?

Are you really going to tell me that attorneys in the United States are more honest and moral than the vast majority of Catholic priests?

I come from a family of attorneys and priests so be careful how you answer this.... :)

Mary
 

John Larocque

High Elder
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I don't think the lawyer is any more honest than the rest of them, but the notion that introducing altar girls was guided by predatory motivations, as opposed to the fashionably modernist, was something that I found believable.
 

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
John Larocque said:
I don't think the lawyer is any more honest than the rest of them, but the notion that introducing altar girls was guided by predatory motivations, as opposed to the fashionably modernist, was something that I found believable.
Then you have my sympathies John, because you can only be part of the problem rather than its solution.

There are far too many devout Catholic priests and laypeople who are not going to fold or crumble or Dox, for it to be in your best interest to join those who seek more to destroy the Church than they do to aid the victims.

Some day when your films of odd masses are not just 20, 30,40 and 50 years old but they will be 100 years old and more, then the stinger will be out of your bee....and most of the Orthodox will have their wish:

"Better the Turban than the Tiara"

In Christ,

Mary
 

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
10,980
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Location
Middle Earth
John Larocque said:
I don't think the lawyer is any more honest than the rest of them, but the notion that introducing altar girls was guided by predatory motivations, as opposed to the fashionably modernist, was something that I found believable.
I first met altar girls at the funeral of an old friend's father, a school teacher, and that was back in the days when the New Zealand Church was defying the Vatican by having them (girls, not funerals  :)

We had 4 beautiful tall teenage girls whose Franciscan type garb could not have been better designed to show them off as tempting morsels.  Among the men at the after cemetery bunfight the talk was all about the nubile girls on the altar and I would be pretty sure that some lapsed Catholics in that parish started attending Mass again.
 

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
10,980
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Location
Middle Earth
elijahmaria said:
John Larocque said:
I don't think the lawyer is any more honest than the rest of them, but the notion that introducing altar girls was guided by predatory motivations, as opposed to the fashionably modernist, was something that I found believable.
Then you have my sympathies John, because you can only be part of the problem rather than its solution.

There are far too many devout Catholic priests and laypeople who are not going to fold or crumble or Dox, for it to be in your best interest to join those who seek more to destroy the Church than they do to aid the victims.

Some day when your films of odd masses are not just 20, 30,40 and 50 years old but they will be 100 years old and more, then the stinger will be out of your bee....and most of the Orthodox will have their wish:

"Better the Turban than the Tiara"

In Christ,
Is anybody keeping a notebook of Mary's prophecies?  :D ;D :laugh:
 

ialmisry

Strategos
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
41,973
Reaction score
183
Points
63
Location
Chicago
John Larocque said:
Paisius said:
There are a lot of bishops in the Catholic Church; it's inevitable that you're going to find one approving wacky things from time to time. Considering that bishops have approved clown masses I'm not sure why you find the idea that a couple of them approved of Vassula Ryden so hard to believe.
I've seen this phrase mentioned a few times, it's almost become a cliche. And yet, sometimes one needs to be reminded of events such as this one:
http://www.sanctepater.com/2010/01/cardinal-schonborns-mass.html

The "celebrant" is Cardinal Schoenborn. The mass is essentially a rock mass with balloons (!), and made the rounds at a couple of Catholic blogs. The video is well worth sitting through.

Schoenborn has stepped into it again regarding Medjugorje, sanctioning and welcoming their visionaries during "apparition time" at his Vienna cathedral, even though the local bishop of Mostar has forbidden any such activity in his diocese within the local churches of Bosnia. "This isn't collegial" is a phrase that's showing up on a few blogs,  but there's no reasoning that will satisfy supporters of suspect apparitions. Te Deum, Patrick Madrid's blog and Rorate Caeli have already sunk their teeth into the cardinal's latest incident.
To those who do not speak German, the sign is telling the people "Please write a prayer to God on the card and attach it to the balloon." It might have made more sense (relatively speaking) if it was an outdoor mass. Reminds me of the Buddhist prayer wheels.
 

MLPB

Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Fabio Leite said:
peccatorum said:
Well, altar girls are a necessity in the most humble parishes here in Brazil, since the guys only want to party at "samba" and "baile funk", to have easy, sheep sex. That's why there are few new priests in the roman catholic church, and almost everyone at my age in the orthodox parishes I knew are married and wish to be priests. That's terrible, WE ARE BACK TO THE '70 HERE!!!!!!! :'(
I think you meant *cheap*, not "sheep", Peccatorum. :) "Sheep" are "ovelhas", and "ch" in English had the same pronunciation of "tch" in "tchau". :)

In Portuguese "sh" and "ch" have the same pronunciation, and many Brazilians do pronounce "cheap" and "sheep" exactly the same way, leading to this kind of misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, folks. :)
It reminded me of the line from Woody Allen's movie, "Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex":  "My name is Stavros Milos, and I am in love with a sheeps.  Daisy!!!!!!" ;D
 

peccatorum

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Points
0
elijahmaria said:
peccatorum said:
Well, altar girls are a necessity in the most humble parishes here in Brazil, since the guys only want to party at "samba" and "baile funk", to have easy, sheep sex. That's why there are few new priests in the roman catholic church, and almost everyone at my age in the orthodox parishes I knew are married and wish to be priests. That's terrible, WE ARE BACK TO THE '70 HERE!!!!!!! :'(
This is a raunchy comment. 

Sometimes it is better to ask whether or not it is prudent.
I know a few, indeed.


There are still ladies in the world...in case you don't get out much.
 

peccatorum

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Fabio Leite said:
peccatorum said:
Well, altar girls are a necessity in the most humble parishes here in Brazil, since the guys only want to party at "samba" and "baile funk", to have easy, sheep sex. That's why there are few new priests in the roman catholic church, and almost everyone at my age in the orthodox parishes I knew are married and wish to be priests. That's terrible, WE ARE BACK TO THE '70 HERE!!!!!!! :'(
I think you meant *cheap*, not "sheep", Peccatorum. :) "Sheep" are "ovelhas", and "ch" in English had the same pronunciation of "tch" in "tchau". :)

In Portuguese "sh" and "ch" have the same pronunciation, and many Brazilians do pronounce "cheap" and "sheep" exactly the same way, leading to this kind of misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, folks. :)
Thank you. My bad...  :-X
 

peccatorum

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Dude, I'ver seen Carlton Banks performing a dance like that in the Fresh Prince!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROEytcUmXvQ&feature=related

Serious, that's why there is a growing movement in catholic church called Missa Tridentina (tridentine mass), to fight these abuses.
As I said before, I am not against the guitar masses, but when we are before God (all praises to Him), we must do so in heart contricton, and a priest cannot do whatever he wants, with the Gospel being more important than the ritual as an excuse, because if he turns the mass into a show, the people are not there for God, but for entertainment (essa vai para o Padre Marcelo e suas igrejas sempre lotadas).
Ad Majorem Gloriam Dei.
stanley123 said:
John Larocque said:
The mass is essentially a rock mass with balloons (!),
There are a whole lot of Catholic Masses like that. For example, here is a Mass celebrated by Roman Catholic bishop Remi de Roo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh_nqtp3VrU

Here is Stephen Colbert doing a liturgical dance routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
 

CCTE

Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Points
0
filipinopilgrim said:
a Romanian Orthodox priest invited a Roman Catholic priest to concelebrate the Divine Liturgy of Pentecost.
I read the news that the priest was deposed from priesthood by his bishop, for this co-celebration with a romano-catholic.
 

ialmisry

Strategos
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
41,973
Reaction score
183
Points
63
Location
Chicago
CCTE said:
filipinopilgrim said:
a Romanian Orthodox priest invited a Roman Catholic priest to concelebrate the Divine Liturgy of Pentecost.
I read the news that the priest was deposed from priesthood by his bishop, for this co-celebration with a romano-catholic.
Amen! Amen! Amen!
 

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
7,441
Reaction score
24
Points
38
Location
Missouri, USA
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
CCTE said:
filipinopilgrim said:
a Romanian Orthodox priest invited a Roman Catholic priest to concelebrate the Divine Liturgy of Pentecost.
I read the news that the priest was deposed from priesthood by his bishop, for this co-celebration with a romano-catholic.
Can you provide a reference, even if not in English, with some pictures?
 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
7,083
Reaction score
165
Points
63
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
Well, he appealed against the decision of the diocesan bishop to the metropolitan:http://www.antena3.ro/romania/preot-ortodox-dat-afara-din-cauza-unor-poze-postate-pe-facebook-112759.html
http://www.romanialibera.ro/actualitate/transilvania/pedeapsa-medievala-in-episcopia-din-caransebes-205050.html
The parish/village stands by the priest apparently-they claim there was no concelebration-having locked the church, forbidding the new priest sent by the bishop to go in and hold any service.
BTW
Had he concelebrated with the anti-Chalcedonians he would have suffered the same consequences according to the statues of the Romanian Church.
 

ialmisry

Strategos
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
41,973
Reaction score
183
Points
63
Location
Chicago
augustin717 said:
Well, he appealed against the decision of the diocesan bishop to the metropolitan:http://www.antena3.ro/romania/preot-ortodox-dat-afara-din-cauza-unor-poze-postate-pe-facebook-112759.html
http://www.romanialibera.ro/actualitate/transilvania/pedeapsa-medievala-in-episcopia-din-caransebes-205050.html
The parish/village stands by the priest apparently-they claim there was no concelebration-having locked the church, forbidding the new priest sent by the bishop to go in and hold any service.
If true, I apologise bowed down before him, and pray that he be exonerated and reinstated.  I'd raise a question about the bishop laicizing an innocent man.

BTW
Had he concelebrated with the anti-Chalcedonians he would have suffered the same consequences according to the statues of the Romanian Church.
Something specific on that n the statutes of the BOR?
 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
7,083
Reaction score
165
Points
63
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
Reportedly,they chased away the dean (protopop) cursing at him, accusing him of all sorts of stuff.
Since you read Romanian here are the directives regarding concelebration and communing with other Christian churches:
"În legătură cu comportamentul sacramental şi liturgic al ierarhilor, preoţilor, diaconilor, monahilor, monahiilor şi credincioşilor mireni ai Bisericii Ortodoxe Române în relaţie cu alte culte, pe temeiul Sfintelor Canoane şi al învăţăturii de credinţă ortodoxă, Sfântul Sinod a hotărât că nu este îngăduit niciunui ierarh, preot, diacon, monah, monahie sau credincios mirean din Biserica Ortodoxă Română să se împărtăşească euharistic în altă Biserică creştină. De asemenea, nu este îngăduit niciunui cleric ortodox să concelebreze Sfintele Taine şi Ierurgii cu slujitori ai altor culte.
Cei ce nu se supun acestei hotărâri pierd comuniunea cu Biserica Ortodoxă şi, în consecinţă, vor suporta sancţiuni canonice corespunzătoare stării pe care o ocupă în Biserică: depunerea din treaptă sau caterisirea, în cazul clericilor, şi oprirea de la împărtăşanie a credincioşilor mireni."
"As for the liturgical and sacramental behaviour of the hierarchs, priests, deacons, monks, nuns and laymen of the Romanian Orthodox Church towards other denominations, on the basis of the Holy Canons, the Holy Synod has decided that it is not permitted to any hierarch, priest, deacon, monk, nun or layman of the Romanian Orthodox Church to receive the eucharistic communion in any other Churistian church. Likewise, it is not permitted to any Orthodox clergyman to concelebrate the Mysteries or the "Hierourgies" with clergy of any other denominations.
Those not following this decision lose communion with the Orthodox Church and, as a consequence, will suffer the canonical sanctions corresponding to their Church status deposing from the clerical order, in the case of clergymen and banning from the Communion in the case of the lay faithful."
 

ialmisry

Strategos
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
41,973
Reaction score
183
Points
63
Location
Chicago
augustin717 said:
Reportedly,they chased away the dean (protopop) cursing at him, accusing him of all sorts of stuff.
Since you read Romanian here are the directives regarding concelebration and communing with other Christian churches:
"În legătură cu comportamentul sacramental şi liturgic al ierarhilor, preoţilor, diaconilor, monahilor, monahiilor şi credincioşilor mireni ai Bisericii Ortodoxe Române în relaţie cu alte culte, pe temeiul Sfintelor Canoane şi al învăţăturii de credinţă ortodoxă, Sfântul Sinod a hotărât că nu este îngăduit niciunui ierarh, preot, diacon, monah, monahie sau credincios mirean din Biserica Ortodoxă Română să se împărtăşească euharistic în altă Biserică creştină. De asemenea, nu este îngăduit niciunui cleric ortodox să concelebreze Sfintele Taine şi Ierurgii cu slujitori ai altor culte.
Cei ce nu se supun acestei hotărâri pierd comuniunea cu Biserica Ortodoxă şi, în consecinţă, vor suporta sancţiuni canonice corespunzătoare stării pe care o ocupă în Biserică: depunerea din treaptă sau caterisirea, în cazul clericilor, şi oprirea de la împărtăşanie a credincioşilor mireni."
Să împărţim

"In connection with the sacramental and liturgical conduct of hierarchs, priests, deacons, monks, nuns and lay faithful of the Romanian Orthodox Church in conjunction with other confessions on the basis of the Holy Canons and teachings of the Orthodox Faith, the Holy Synod has decreed that it is not allowed for any hierardh, priest, deacon, monk, nun or lay faithful of the Romanian Orthodox Church to partake of the Eucharist in another Christian church. Likewise it is not permitted to any Orthodox cleric to concelebrate the Holy Eucharist and blessings with ministers of other faiths."
"Those who do not obey this decree lose communion with the Orthodox Church and, therefore, will incur canonical sanctions corresponding to the status they occupy in the Church: deposition from rank or defrocking, in the case of clergy, and cession from the communion of the lay faithful"

Not 100% on point with the miaphysites, but we don't even concelebrate yet in Syria. I wouldn't expect it in Romania.

 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Apostle to the Church of ASD
stashko said:
Here is Stephen Colbert doing a liturgical dance routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
I like ,It's so funny.....Ha Ha Ha  ;D....Is this Guy Catholic and he Happened to wittiness a liturgical dance,  and now is Making Fun of it...... ???

Quotes edited - Michał Kalina


He is Catholic. That is a clip from _Strangers with Candy_, where in each episode the actors in character do a ridiculous dance which relates to the "theme" of the episode.

Acting and Humor.

But hey David sang and danced naked, so who are we to judge?
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,659
Reaction score
12
Points
38
Faith
Orthodox
Alveus Lacuna said:
orthonorm said:
But hey David sang and danced naked, so who are we to judge?
Did he do it in the temple during the liturgy?
He did it around the Ark of the Covenant ....  :eek:
 
Top