• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Visibility of cross pendants

If you wear a cross/crucifix pendant, how do you wear it?

• Underneath your clothes

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • Outside your clothes and visible

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Only visible if I don't have the shirt buttoned up entirely

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lepanto said:
I knew all that and when I said strange three bars this was my attempt at a joke.
Oh.  :laugh:  Some of us converts had literally never seen such a cross until encountering Orthodoxy; I guess it’s a bit of projection.  It’s nice you wear what she gave you.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Doesn't the chain get caught in hairs? Otherwise, nice cross  :)

Serge

Archon
Reaction score
Website
sergesblog.blogspot.com
Of course you can have it visible but that's a lot of responsibility, a lot to live up to. Since I'm not always the best example/witness, mine's under my shirt most of the time. It's a three-bar gold crucifix, by the way.

One December day when I had a beard and the cross was visible, somebody wished me a happy Hanukkah.

Christos3

Reaction score
I can't remember not wearing a cross. Maybe when I was a kid. I've worn the same cross for at least 25 years (amazed I haven't lost it). 99% of the time under my clothes, unless I am wearing a polo type golf shirt, then it will sometimes come out.