• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Voodoo I guess ```

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Once upon a time, a long long time ago, In a city far, far away, I saw and know to be true: A young man working as a mechanic was being badly treated on the job by those in management, lower management the person right there, closest ```

This person felt he could do nothing, and it continued it was intense...

Angry as new punishment was added each day, leaving work for lunch this person made what I can only describe as a doll, of paper and string and a few small things that had been in the hands of the person who was seen as causing the pain, then jabbing a pin into the back of the doll, returned to work...

within an hour of returning to work the tormentor was seen bent forward, with such back pain, Leaving for home or a doctor,,,

A family member, finding the doll destroyed it, and the afficted returned to work the next working day I believe it was a Monday ```

I never mentioned this to anyone in all these years, this person and I, well it has been our secrete ```

I've never forgotten this, but never mentioned it...

Just now the word VooDoo came up in another thread here on the forum, I thought I would tell this yarn ```

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
Lord, have mercy.

SirHandel6

Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Orthodox Church
Pretty scary stuff. Shows what kinda things people would do to wrathfully. Even if you don't like your manager i wouldn't recommend voodoo magic as the solution, cuz the devil is a much more cruel and evil boss than any manager.

SirHandel6

Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Orthodox Church
Pretty scary stuff. Shows what kinda things people would do to wrathfully. Even if you don't like your manager i wouldn't recommend voodoo magic as the solution, cuz the devil is a much more cruel and evil boss than any manager.
But what is more powerful than any voodoo magic is the sign of the cross.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
We fool ourselves, if we believe evil doesn't exist, and that evil people do not exist. They choose evil. WE could choose evil... we probably do on a daily basis, we just don't realize it, because it doesn't have such great repercussions.

We always need to be vigilant... treat others nicely, realizing that how we behave towards them impacts them emotionally... and God forbid we cause another to turn towards evil (like making that voodoo doll). While the mean manager suffered physical pain, the dollmaker also committed a grave sin in wishing harm to another.

Do the best you can. Be nice. Be compassionate. If you are mistreated, instead of taking out revenge, pray that God softens the person's heart. If in the end nothing seems to work, leave. Find another job. Perhaps the Lord has something else in mind for you, but, you need to "leave" where you are to reach that new place.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
I kind of wish I didn't bring it up. I was just thinking of a fictional show when I used it in the word game.

FULK NERA

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Once upon a time, a long long time ago, In a city far, far away, I saw and know to be true: A young man working as a mechanic was being badly treated on the job by those in management, lower management the person right there, closest ```

This person felt he could do nothing, and it continued it was intense...

Angry as new punishment was added each day, leaving work for lunch this person made what I can only describe as a doll, of paper and string and a few small things that had been in the hands of the person who was seen as causing the pain, then jabbing a pin into the back of the doll, returned to work...

within an hour of returning to work the tormentor was seen bent forward, with such back pain, Leaving for home or a doctor,,,

A family member, finding the doll destroyed it, and the afficted returned to work the next working day I believe it was a Monday ```

I never mentioned this to anyone in all these years, this person and I, well it has been our secrete ```

I've never forgotten this, but never mentioned it...

Just now the word VooDoo came up in another thread here on the forum, I thought I would tell this yarn ```
What are these apostrophes in the title and text for? They do not have a grammatical or typological function in English.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
I kind of wish I didn't bring it up. I was just thinking of a fictional show when I used it in the word game.
I kinda want a voodoo doll of myself, so I can give it back rubs and stuff. >_>

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
What are these apostrophes in the title and text for? They do not have a grammatical or typological function in English.
That’s just how Sethrak rolls ///