Welcome Back to Byzantines.org--Now OrthodoxChristianity.net!

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Hello, all, I'd just like to welcome you back to Byzantines.org -- now OrthodoxChristianity.net!

Bobby left for Italy but guess what--he didn't send me the correct files to set up the old board when he left, so I had to figure out how to set up this board by myself! And I am NOT a computer expert!

Please reregister. I will shortly add the old forums back. When Bobby visits next time, we will try to get all the old discussions added back to the board.

By the way, if anyone has byzantines.org files in their browser cache (go to tools, internet options, settings, view files and then click on the sort by internet address; see if you have any http://www.byzantines.org stuff--and if you do, email it as an attatchment to a n a s t a s i o s 0513@yahoo.com (I didnt put this all together because internet spam machines will get my email--simply erase the spaces).

Welcome Back! Feel free to post whatever, and I will move the threads.

In Christ,

anastasios
ADMINISTRATOR

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Nik,

I see that there is degredation (doesn't seem THAT bad though!) because I had to convert the jpeg to gif. I am new at this stuff so I have to find the part of the software where I can change the path to the logo--I just renamed your graphic the logo and uploaded it over the default one!

IN Christ,

anastasios

Orthodoc

Archon
Reaction score
Anastasios:

Grat to see that you finally have the site back up and running. It was missed, believe me.
Like both the logo and the new name.
Maybe I will get to see you at St Vlad's this Saturday.
Will you be working in the bookstore?

Orthodoc (OrthoMan)

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Finally, we're back! Now Nik doesn't have to keep asking me when we'll be online again. :p

Good job, Anastasios, bringing the site back. Thanks!!

nstanosheck

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
nstanosheck.blogspot.com
Glory to Jesus Christ!

Dear Anastasios,

Just grab download the logo from http://stanosheck.com/orthodox/logo.gif and upload it to the place where you have the present logo.

As far as how bad the current is, I guess I'm just more sensitive since I do this kind of stuff for a living. God Bless!

H

Hypo-Ortho

Glory to Jesus Christ!

:) Glad to see we're back up and running, Anastasios! This forum was missed, believe me. I kept pestering Orthoman/Orthodoc as to what had happened/why the delay, etc.

Anyway, congratulations, Anastasios, in successfully getting us back up on the web. I like the new name too.

MANY YEARS!

Hypo-Ortho

JoeS

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anastasios,

So glad to see this website back & and the new header looks great.

JoeS 8)

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Dear In Christ,

I will be tending the Bookstore at St Vlad's on Education Day (how did you know, Orthodoc?) along with several other great people. I also will be singing in the choir as a second Tenor. I am a young guy with a beard (that helps, right :p )!

I'd be happy to meet any of you!

In Christ,

anastasios
(known at Saint Vladimir's as Dustin Hudson)

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
The new header is wonderful, I agree: let's thank Nik who did it!

Nik, I will work on your suggestion later today--presently I must go to my bookstore assignment!

IN Christ,

anastasios

CDHealy

Reaction score
Website
benedictseraphim.wordpress.com
I have been reading over the posts on the various threads--and am grateful for the kind replies to my post--and I want to say that so far, this board is exactly what I have been looking for. I've subscribed to some of the email lists but so few of them are very helpful, either debating jurisdictional issues or focused on a critique of ecumenism. As an inquirer, I need to know of the broad and detailed matters of the faith that Orthodox have as a common whole.

Thanks for welcoming me.

Amadeus

Elder
Reaction score
anastasios:

It was with bated breath that I awaited the "resurrection" of byzantines.org!

More power to orthodoxchristianity.net!

AmdG

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Oblio said:
You might also peruse www.monachos.net
I love that site. I lurk on occasion, and don't really read through most of the meaty topics due to a lack of time (I find that I really have to read slowly there in order to understand some things). One day, I hope to actually sit in front of my screen and devote all of my time to reading the threads there.

But I'll be back before Vespers...