Welcome to the new OC.Net

Reaction score
Requesting to add the thoughtful/thinking emoji 🤔 to the selection of possible choices in response to posts. It's a natural fit given the level of affluence and erudite discussion on here....

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, just experienced this. I used google to find what I was looking for, but I assume that approach for digging up old threads would go away eventually. Hopefully a fix can be easily found!
I am not understanding this conversation exactly, but this is what I see:
I went to the Creationism, Evolution, and Orthodoxy thread.
I observed that minasoliman wrote the seventh post in the thread and used the term "evolution" in his post.
I went to search, used the search term "evolution" and specified "this thread" and specified by member: minasoliman.
Result: no posts.
If I throw minasoliman out of the equation and just search for term "evolution" in this same thread, only the first and last post of the thread show up.

Google site-specific search also doesn't help.

So is this what is being discussed?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I am not understanding this conversation exactly, but this is what I see:
I went to the Creationism, Evolution, and Orthodoxy thread.
I observed that minasoliman wrote the seventh post in the thread and used the term "evolution" in his post.
I went to search, used the search term "evolution" and specified "this thread" and specified by member: minasoliman.
Result: no posts.
If I throw minasoliman out of the equation and just search for term "evolution" in this same thread, only the first and last post of the thread show up.

Google site-specific search also doesn't help.

So is this what is being discussed?
What was being discussed was situations where links were provided in posts before the upgrade, but after the upgrade rather than taking you to the 'place' it was supposed to take you the link instead redirected to the main page of the forum. I mentioned that I had gotten around this using Google search, since I could see the link info it was supposed to but just couldn't access it by clicking on it; I don't remember exactly what I searched for, but like if the thread had an assigned number such as "399293" then I put into Google:

399293 site: orthodoxchristianity.net

and it brought up the thread I was searching for. Or something along those lines.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Asteriktos. I will continue to search for a way to look up individual posts that I know exist. I can manually merge the 158 pages of the dead horse thread for future searches in Word, for example.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
What is the difference between profile posts and regular posts?

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
My bets understanding is your profile becomes its own little thread. idk.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
^I think that's it. It becomes like a facebook wall, your own thing, though unlike on facebook you have no options other than letting it be public. However, there is still the 'conversations' system for carrying on more private talk.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you delete other posters' comments from your "wall" if you want?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
It would appear so? I have a 'delete' option available on the posts of other people, though I haven't tried it...

pmeme2.png