• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

What does everyone look like?

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
I've seen on other forums they occasionally have picture threads where everyone can see what the posters look like. Some I know want to be anonymous for whatever reasons and that is fine. If anyone is willing to share a pic, post it. I'll go first. I took this recently showing of my new bible I got from amazon.

Come on everyone. I'd like to see what you look in in reality. I have certain pics in my mind now and wanna see if I got it right.

Aristocles

Merarches
Reaction score
Well, we had a thread for this but it seems a few server upgrades has(have?) removed most of the images.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,4533.0.html

Yes, Marat, very handsome... :)

Salpy

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Marat,

Cool Bible.  Can you post a link to where it is on Amazon.com?

Thanks

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
Αριστοκλής said:
Well, we had a thread for this but it seems a few server upgrades has(have?) removed most of the images.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,4533.0.html

Yes, Marat, very handsome... :)
Oops.. didn't know that. Sorry for the dupe.

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
Salpy said:
Marat,

Cool Bible.  Can you post a link to where it is on Amazon.com?

Thanks
Here you go. The pic on there doesn't do it justice. It is the most beautiful Bible I've ever seen.

http://www.amazon.com/Ignatius-Bible-Standard-Burgundy-Catholic/dp/0898708346/sr=8-1/qid=1162073770/ref=sr_1_1/102-8537863-5517769?ie=UTF8&s=books

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au

Me and one of my cats, Sketch, who thinks that he's a parrot and that I'm Long John Silver.
Actually, Sketch is a very pious cat. See the Icon of St. Paraskevi in the background? Sketch wont eat his dinner unless her lamp is lit first. I think he developed this habit because I would always light the lamp on coming home before feeding them when they were kittens.
Sketch's brother, Charcoal, on the other hand is heterodox I think- he'll eat no matter what. Or perhaps he's just a glutton.

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Ozgeorge. It is too funny about your cat and lighting a candle. I love cats too. In fact, Marat is the name of my cat. I named myself after him on this site. He lets me hold him like a baby, like in this picture.

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Marat said:
He lets me hold him like a baby, like in this picture.
Too cute!
One of the reasons my Godchildren love to come to the Monastery where I worship is because of it's 23 cats, 6 donkeys, 4 goats, and 8 hens and 1 rooster (named appropriately "Peter"!). My Godchildren have each seemed to have befriended a particular cat. The Abbot lets my Godchildren help feed the donkeys after liturgy. Then we go into the refectory for "trapeza" (a shared meal). When we come out, my three Godchildren will each be met by "their" cat, and usually, the kids have smuggled some scraps out of the refectory to feed them.

Aristocles

Merarches
Reaction score
So as not to re-post, here is the old goat:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,4533.90.html

dantxny

High Elder
Reaction score
Ah yes, I had an old cat who was very pious, but he had to move on to staretskats heaven.  My dog otoh, he's definitly a faithful Jew.  It's never a pretty picture when Christmas comes around.  Speaking about pictures that aren't pretty, I guess I can go ahead and post mine.

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
I would post a couple of pictures if one of you guys would show this luddite how to do it!  ;D

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
You guys should start another thread with pictures of pets.  I know that Aurelia wanted to do this a few months back.  :)

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
Pravoslavbob said:
I would post a couple of pictures if one of you guys would show this luddite how to do it!  ;D
Well, I'm sure there are more ways than one to do it, but this is how I did it. I signed up for an account with photobucket so I can upload pics there and get a web address for them. After you do that and upload a pic there, copy and paste the bottom line beneath the pic where it starts with . If you copy and paste it, just paste it on the message section like you would for a normal post and the formatting will be done for you automatically. If not, and you just have a web address, then click the button above the message window directly under the one for italics and it will give you the format. Just insert the photo web address in the middle.

I hope some of this makes sense. If not, message me and if you send a pic I'll do it and send you back the link to put in to post a picture.

lubeltri

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Hey, Marat, I have the same Bible. I do like the iconography on the front. I found part of it online.

Ignatius Bible cover:

Source:

Here's me.

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
lubeltri said:
Hey, Marat, I have the same Bible. I do like the iconography on the front. I found part of it online.
Hey, a newbie with the same Bible. Is that a college campus you're on? Where?

lubeltri

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
That's Madingley Hall, an Elizabethan manor house near Cambridge, England. I was a student at Cambridge University in the summer of 2004. The university owns the place, and I and the rest of my group were at a farewell dinner there. Good memories. . .

Gabriel

Reaction score

I'm the ugly one.

The good-looking one is my kid... who apparently had a horrible cow-lick that day.  o_O

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
dantxny said:
Ah yes, I had an old cat who was very pious, but he had to move on to staretskats heaven.  My dog otoh, he's definitly a faithful Jew.  It's never a pretty picture when Christmas comes around.  Speaking about pictures that aren't pretty, I guess I can go ahead and post mine.
I just noticed your custom title.. "Texan is Christian."  ;D I'm in Austin.. what part of Texas are you from?

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Νεκτάριος said:
Here's me:
LOL!! ;D It's been a hard dry dusty summer I guess.

Ebor

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
lubeltri said:
That's Madingley Hall, an Elizabethan manor house near Cambridge, England.
Must...control....building....lust....
;)

The rest of the picture is good too.

Ebor ;)

Matthew777

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ozgeorge said:

Me and one of my cats, Sketch, who thinks that he's a parrot and that I'm Long John Silver.
Actually, Sketch is a very pious cat. See the Icon of St. Paraskevi in the background? Sketch wont eat his dinner unless her lamp is lit first. I think he developed this habit because I would always light the lamp on coming home before feeding them when they were kittens.
Sketch's brother, Charcoal, on the other hand is heterodox I think- he'll eat no matter what. Or perhaps he's just a glutton.
You look like a magician in this picture, especially with the cat.

I have pictures of myself on my Myspace page, taken two years ago.

Peace.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
You look somehow... what's the word? furrier than I had figured! And such a dour look on your face!

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
If it is already online, you can just use something like...

(img) http://... (/img)

...but replace the ( ) with [ ]

Or just hit the picture button up above the text window when you post (it is below the Italics button)

Salpy

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Irish Hermit also explains it here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13445.html

Salpy

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
You look somehow... what's the word? furrier than I had figured! And such a dour look on your face!

That was me pre-electrolysis.  :D

Reaction score
This is me holding the flag while the fighter jet salutes me.....

Just kidding :)

[attachment deleted by admin]