• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

What does everyone look like?

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City

Alpo2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Fenno-Ugric Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Finnish Orthodox Inside of Finland
I was 100% sure you were a woman.
I keep assuming that everyone on OC.net is “White”. Not because race* would anyhow matter but because I’m Northern European weirdo with very little immigrants around me.

*Not sure if this is politically correct term in the US context. Around here nobody talks of race besides borderline Nazis but can’t think of any other English term for it.

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
I keep assuming that everyone on OC.net is “White”. Not because race* would anyhow matter but because I’m Northern European weirdo with very little immigrants around me.

*Not sure if this is politically correct term in the US context. Around here nobody talks of race besides borderline Nazis but can’t think of any other English term for it.
I think it's more of a reflex of how White Americans are portrayed as "standard Americans" in the media, and most people here are either Europeans or Americans anyway. I also keep assuming people here are white, and I always lived in a city in which about half of the population isn't white, in a country that must be overall slightly less white than my own city (hard to tell, since "white" means different things in different parts of Brazil).

Unfortunately it also seems non-whites are underrepresented in American Convertodoxy.

Alpo2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Fenno-Ugric Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Finnish Orthodox Inside of Finland
I also keep assuming people here are white, and I always lived in a city in which about half of the population isn't white, in a country that must be overall slightly less white than my own city (hard to tell, since "white" means different things in different parts of Brazil).
What's "White" in your neck of the woods? I don't know what that means in other countries. Maybe I'm weird but for me, say, Lebanese and Persians are White but I assume that's not what "White" means in some other countries.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Say what? I am in fact female. So is Dominika. She likes to build Legos.
I think he thought you were the guy in the video.

Last edited:

Irened

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOARCH

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
What's "White" in your neck of the woods? I don't know what that means in other countries. Maybe I'm weird but for me, say, Lebanese and Persians are White but I assume that's not what "White" means in some other countries.
Basically white or very light brown skin, except if non-white physical features are really clear. What "really clear" means depends a bit on how white a region is. Arabs and Jews are definitely considered white.

It's all very fuzzy, though, and also conditioned by social class. I recall reading an article that researched racial profiling in the acts of trials and realised conviction made a lot of people go from white to mixed or mixed to black, while acquittal had the opposite effect.