What does everyone look like?

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Fabio Leite said:
According to Google image search for "Fabio L Leite", I am one of these. You guess.

Aren't there a lot of Japanese in Brazil? Although, I'm not sure about Japanese rockers. :p

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Nice shirt! Reminds me of my friend's shirt.

LarryP2

Reaction score
[size=10pt]My wife and I just after  our "Big Dunk:"

Dunked and freshly-robed:

Being presented to the Church:

My wife and I with my future-priest-to-be-godfather afterwords:

Inquirer

Elder
Reaction score
Can't post any personal photos (trying to remain anonymous here), but I look exactly like a certain anime character:

LarryP2

Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
LarryP2, you wife looks so sweet.  Many years to you both!  :)
And the best part of her is that when she came back from a long trip out of country with her sister, I sprang the whole crazy idea of Orthodoxy on her unsuspectingly. I thought for sure she would have me committed to the lunatic bin, that I had gone off the deep end while she was gone. But she said:

"LET'S GO!"

LarryP2

Reaction score
Yeah, back when I was baptized (August 2014), I had that earnest and innocent, fresh-scrubbed-faced-clean-cut-slightly-daffy-Protestant, "deer-caught-in-the-headlights" "yeah-Calvin-may-have-had-some-good-points-in-his-Institutes" look. But my latest wizened, grizzled look demonstrates quick maturity and appreciation of the Monastic creeds of the ancient faith:

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Nice pics, LarryP2. Welcome home.  May God grant you both many years.

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score

OK I got it.

I am the old lady in the back row.  Husband, two kids and spouses, 9 of 10 grandchildren. 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
NanaDeborah said:
[/img]

I am the old lady in the back row, here with husband, our two kids and their spouses, and 9 out of 10 grandchildren.  #10 was just a twinkle in the redhead's eye here.
No pic.  :(

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
i can't figure out how to do it, and then I tried to delete it when it didn't show up, since you can't tell if it will work by previewing.  thought i figured it out but obviously not.

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
NanaDeborah said:
i can't figure out how to do it, and then I tried to delete it when it didn't show up, since you can't tell if it will work by previewing.  thought i figured it out but obviously not.
Did you try typing it out in this format?

(img)[Image Link](/img)*

I can't use the squarish brackets as nothing would show up. Replace the roundish brackets with the squarish ones and put the image link in between. That should solve the problem I hope.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Nice to put a face to you, Deborah!  :) (you are not old)

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
kelly said:
Nice to put a face to you, Deborah!  :) (you are not old)
Thanks Kelly!  Anybody with that many grandchildren can't be too young.  Good camera angle. 

:D

And thanks everyone else.  Pretty awesome family I have been blessed with, for sure.

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
Maximum Bob said:
Nice picture of your family NanaDeborah.
Thank you Bob.  I saw your family picture too.  Lovely! And how wonderful you were all baptized together! 

I dearly love my family but they are all diehard Protestants at least for now.  Bittersweet.  Lord Have mercy.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Beautiful picture, Nana! You have a lovely family.  You are younger than what I thought.  The way you talk about yourself, I thought you would be an elderly grey-headed yiayia. You're still young!

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
sakura95 said:
NanaDeborah said:
Did you try typing it out in this format?

(img)[Image Link](/img)*

I can't use the squarish brackets as nothing would show up. Replace the roundish brackets with the squarish ones and put the image link in between. That should solve the problem I hope.
Use the code tag to keep that within it from being parsed as markup.

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Beautiful picture, Nana! You have a lovely family.  You are younger than what I thought.  The way you talk about yourself, I thought you would be an elderly grey-headed yiayia. You're still young!
Ha ha!  Thanks Trisagion!  Did I say that grey-bearded old guy is my husband?  He's really my dad!  JUST KIDDING!

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
sorry to have to break it to you, but,
SOMEBODY STOLE YOUR HOUSE!

(can't believe you deliberately put the sofa in the street...)
;)

also, i didn't see any old lady, i looked for ages...
try grey hair dye.

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
mabsoota said:
sorry to have to break it to you, but,
SOMEBODY STOLE YOUR HOUSE!

(can't believe you deliberately put the sofa in the street...)
;)

also, i didn't see any old lady, i looked for ages...
try grey hair dye.
LOL!!  This was a photo shoot arranged by a young aspiring photographer friend of my daughter.  We did feel a little weird driving around with a sofa in the back of a pick up truck, but we got some great pix.  Our son and his family had just returned from 3 years overseas, so we had to document the reunion.

I will talk to my hairdresser about the grey hair dye. Or I could just stop using the brown, same result!

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
I have no idea.  I was just along for the ride. The guy points the camera, we smile.  That's all I know. But it is certainly memorable, and the canvas prints on my daughter's wall are getting some more shoots for this guy, so somebody likes it.

LarryP2

Reaction score
NanaDeborah said:
I have no idea.  I was just along for the ride. The guy points the camera, we smile.  That's all I know. But it is certainly memorable, and the canvas prints on my daughter's wall are getting some more shoots for this guy, so somebody likes it.
Did they take this photo with a drone? How did they get the camera so much higher than you?

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
LarryP2 said:
NanaDeborah said:
Did they take this photo with a drone? How did they get the camera so much higher than you?
The photographer was standing on his own sofa.

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
kelly said:
LarryP2 said:
NanaDeborah said:
The photographer was standing on his own sofa.
LOL!  We also brought a ladder.  It must have looked like we were moving or something.

LarryP2

Reaction score
NanaDeborah said:
LOL!  We also brought a ladder.  It must have looked like we were moving or something.
The things people do to get a photo. Here's one of me kayaking in January at below zero temps, with my home built video tower. I have a total of FOUR different water proof cameras on board, in case that one of them became covered with an ice slick. Two of them malfunctioned: one of them the lens became covered with ice, the other one's batteries got too cold and quit running:

And here's me,  almost complete submerged, taking a photo of my wife from a "water's eye view" of things:

We were joking about paranoid conspiracy theorists seeing our video tower and me looking like some sort of invading frog man.