• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

What ever happened to....

BasilCan

Reaction score
I just read the book "Preserve Them, O Lord" by Fr. John Mack. He was "big" with the Antochians a few years back, and then became a Bulgarian OCA priest and has "dropped out of site" What happened here????  (He wrote so many good Orthodox books and has not done anything since his departure from Antioch)

Basil

Elisha

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
BasilCan said:
I just read the book "Preserve Them, O Lord" by Fr. John Mack. He was "big" with the Antochians a few years back, and then became a Bulgarian OCA priest and has "dropped out of site" What happened here????  (He wrote so many good Orthodox books and has not done anything since his departure from Antioch)

Basil
I'm wondering if he got bit by the hyperdox bug.

Aristobolus

Reaction score
Does anyone know whatever happened to Fr. John Mack after his conversion to Catholicism?  Where is he today?  Google is not much help; he seems to have faded into the nether world. 

BasilCan

Reaction score
Well this question is 5 years old and I am interested as well. He had a great influence on many, including me, and I hope he is doing well.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
predictability?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score