What is everyone reading?

Apples

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,360
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Christology of the Later Fathers, edited by Edward R. Hardy. It has some works from Sts. Athanasius, Gregory Nyssen and Gregory Nazianzen. It also has the declarations of several of the Ecumenical Councils.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
orthonorm said:
Cognomen said:
orthonorm said:
Who is Rufus?

Is this thing actually a trilogy?
Heh, he's the poster who mentioned recently reading Way of the Pilgrim.

I don't think it's a trilogy.  As far as I know, just that odd continuation bit at the end.
I thought Rufus might be part of some prequel or sequel. I dunno.
What are the lines in your sig from?
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,103
Reaction score
33
Points
48
Age
41


The Last Human: A Guide to Twenty-Two Species of Extinct Humans
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,103
Reaction score
33
Points
48
Age
41
Papist said:
Pretty cool.
So far, so good :) And I find it interesting how many people worked on the content. The cover lists 2 creators, 3 writers, and 3 additional contributors. Inside the book, just before the table of contents, 10 other consultants are mentioned. I realise there's usually all sorts of editors and reviewers and such involved when a University Press publishes something, but still...
 

Elijah

Elder
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
384
Reaction score
0
Points
0
This is a valuable thread; please share your readings on "Orthodox" books? That is beneficial for our spiritual life. I may have to read the thread from the beginning, I guess.
 

Luke

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
7,035
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Patristic Theology by Protopresbyter John S. Romanides
 

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
10,800
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
52
Location
Jackson, MS
Website
www.facebook.com
Three wonderful books by friend and brother John Apocalypse:

1. Korah's Rebellion, Luther's Protest: Why Protestantism is Not Christian

2. Reasonable Christianity: A Response to Scientific Atheism

3. The End of Man: A Defense of the Orthodox Church Against Protestantism

http://stores.lulu.com/stjohnpublications.


Selam
 

Ioannes

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
12
Website
stores.lulu.com
I am reading Mystery and Meaning by Gebre Menfes Kidus, a spectacular read too. I am amazed at how he is able to make his points in such seemingly easy fashion.

http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000365534/MYSTERY-and-MEANING.aspx
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Three wonderful books by friend and brother John Apocalypse:

1. Korah's Rebellion, Luther's Protest: Why Protestantism is Not Christian

2. Reasonable Christianity: A Response to Scientific Atheism

3. The End of Man: A Defense of the Orthodox Church Against Protestantism

http://stores.lulu.com/stjohnpublications.


Selam
Buying them all, can I just use a PDF reader to read these?
 

Ioannes

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
12
Website
stores.lulu.com
Achronos said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Three wonderful books by friend and brother John Apocalypse:

1. Korah's Rebellion, Luther's Protest: Why Protestantism is Not Christian

2. Reasonable Christianity: A Response to Scientific Atheism

3. The End of Man: A Defense of the Orthodox Church Against Protestantism

http://stores.lulu.com/stjohnpublications.


Selam
Buying them all, can I just use a PDF reader to read these?
I dont think I have them available for DL
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Actualy two of those are in ebook format.

Don't know where your Reasonable Christianity book is though
 

Ioannes

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
12
Website
stores.lulu.com
Achronos said:
Actualy two of those are in ebook format.

Don't know where your Reasonable Christianity book is though
Should be right there on the site, but I know it is not for DL yet.
 
Top