What is everyone reading?

Pedro

Archon
Reaction score
Metr. ANTHONY (Bloom)'s Beginning to Pray (again)
Desire of the Everlasting Hills by Thomas Cahill

Tikhon29605

High Elder
Reaction score
plugging my way thru Fr. Seraphim Rose's "Soul After Death".....

Try not to let it scare you.

ExOrienteLux

Reaction score
The Way of the Pilgrim and the Pilgrim Continues His Way, The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Silmarillion, The New Testament and the People of God by N.T. Wright, On the Eight Vices by St. John Cassian, On the Incarnation by St. Athanasius, He is there and He is Not Silent by Francis Schaeffer, and After Virtue by Alasdair MacIntyre.
So that's where my library has been disappearing to!  Give those back! :)

Anyway, I'm rereading The Way of a Pilgrim and The Pilgrim Continues His Way, and then it's probably St. Ephraim's Hymns on Paradise, followed by St. Theophan the Recluse's Turning the Heart to God (it's an excerpt from The Way of Salvation).  Should keep me busy for the rest of the summer.

-Philip.

Doubting Thomas

High Elder
Reaction score
Common Ground by Jordan Bajis and (still wading my way through) Jesus and the Victory of God by NT Wright.

beewolf

Reaction score
I am reading Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov (bedtime reading), Cassian's Institutes, and Simon Chan's 'Spiritual Theology'.

Cephas

Elder
Reaction score
†Irini nem ehmot â€Â

I'm new to this site, but i've heard quite a bit about it.  I figured that this would probably be the best place to put my first post  ;D.

As of right now, i'm actually re-reading J.N.D. Kelley's book Early Christian Doctrines.  It is really good, but i think i may have gotten in over my head. lol.  I was looking for an introductory book on Patristics and a friend of mine has suggested this one.  If any of you know of any other, feel free to let me know.

Pray for me.

ephraim

Reaction score
I'm reading the Old Testament:  Paul Nadim Tarazi's Introduction to the Old Testament, Walter Brueggemann's Introduction to the Old Testament, and a couple of different translations of the Old Testament (NRSV, Fox' Five Books of Moses).  I'll add in other things as I work my way through it.

Doubting Thomas

High Elder
Reaction score
Cephas said:
As of right now, i'm actually re-reading J.N.D. Kelley's book Early Christian Doctrines. It is really good, but i think i may have gotten in over my head. lol.ÂÂ
That is a good book.  I've recently re-read several chapters in that book regarding the development of Trinitarian dogma and Christology.

aurelia

High Elder
Reaction score
Harry Potter 5, again...boning upfor the release of #6!

though actually i need to find some spiritual reading, I've ben feeling out of whack as day to day life has been overshadowing what good my spiritual life has been doing...i have as yet to get the two totally in synch.

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
Harry Potter 5, again...boning upfor the release of #6!
AW YEA! i just finished that a few nights ago, lost sleep because of it ;D spent the last month doing my rereading of the whole series in anticipation of #6...i....can't....wait :)

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
now im reading the Princess Bride for the 1st time (and i've never seen the movie either - plan to soon tho)

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Donna Rose said:
now im reading the Princess Bride for the 1st time (and i've never seen the movie either - plan to soon tho)
INCONCEIVABLE!!

:D :D :D

Ebor

ania

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Impatiently awaiting Amazon to send me "Resteraunt at the End of the Universe."  Pre-ordered Harry Potter 6, should be getting it the day it comes out (I hope anyway).  Haven't decided yet what my next religion-related book might be, though "Sword of the Prophet" (I think it's called) was highly recommended to me again a few days ago.