What movies are you watching?

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Watched the last airbender, and the twilight saga eclipse...Didn't care for any of them.... ;D  Here

http://ch131.com/

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Watching Bones at the moment. Used to be a fan, even bought some DVD's... but my interest has decreased a lot. The way they deal with sub-cultures in many episodes is absurdly simplistic, to the point of being insulting.
I was impressed by one episode where the difference between black metal and death metal was explained, so they aren't always simplistic.

Shanghaiski

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Watched The Guns of Navarone last night. Classic.

By the way, I've seen several seasons of The Next Food Network Star. This season I find to be the least enjoyable. Part of me hopes they won't do it again. Another part of me would find characters even crazier than Dzintra entertaining, but probably just five minutes. I'm waiting for Food Network to spawn its own version of Punk'd. Perhaps a dumb cooking and dating show for clueless 20-somethings could also be added. Programming could be spiked here and there with little demos of actual cooking. (Oh, wait, we've got that already.)

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Just watched Youth in Revolt.  I'm really beginning to like Michael Cera!

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Just Watched the Sorcerer Apprentice on ...Such Garbage being produced......Airbender, Twilight Saga Eclipse and this one Sorcerer Apprentice all Garbage...Bhaaaa.... ;D

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
I wanted to take my wife to a movie tonight, but there is absolutely NOTHING in the theaters right now that remotely appeals to me.

Selam
It's been a while since there has been anything in the theaters worth spending the money to see.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Recently bought (and have been watching)...

Wrong Turn 2 - I'd never heard of this one, but Walmart had it in their $5 bin, and it looked like a campy, low-budget horror movie, which is how I like them. As it turns out the movie wasn't ultra-low budget (the budget was about $4 million according to wiki), and wasn't that campy. It did have a few problems, like a silly plot issue that popped up about 10 minutes in, and they killed off the most likable character fairly quickly. Also, the characters were fairly cliche... the high-maintenance blonde actress, the masculine lesbian, the tempermental vegan, the black athlete, the immature skate boarder, etc. Having said that, I still thought it was a very good horror movie. It also had Henry Rollins in it, which I didn't realise until I started watching it--that was a nice suprise. The last horror film I took a chance on without knowing anything about was Cabin Fever 2--Ugh, what a mistake that was. This time was thankfully different.

Howard the Duck - Nostalgia probably played a part in buying this one (I was about 7 when this film came out, and I can remember watching it as a kid). And it was also only $5. Ok, yeah yeah, it's a terrible movie. I know. On the other hand, it does have a scene with a young Lea Thompson in her underwear.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Really the only I.J. film I've liked. Again nostalgia plays a part, and it was cheap.

National Lampoon's European Vacation - Um... I'm not sure why I bought this exactly.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Just watched Cool Hand Luke with Paul Newman.  I was actually inspired to watch this movie because one of the lines from that movie forms the backdrop for the Guns n' Roses song, "Civil War." 

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
I've started watching Becket again (via Netflix streaming) during my lunch break.

How O'Toole and Burton did not receive Oscars for this is beyond me, especially when one realizes they were both quite inebriated throughout the whole shooting.

The follow up will, of course, be "A Lion In Winter," where we see O'Toole reprise his role as King Henry.  Again, how he did not receive an Oscar for THAT performance is beyond me.