What movies are you watching?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Every week I've been watching both Willy Wonka movies. Or, as my daughters call him, Willy Wonko. They insist on watching those movies over and over. And over. And over. Argh!

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Every week I've been watching both Willy Wonka movies. Or, as my daughters call him, Willy Wonko. They insist on watching those movies over and over. And over. And over. Argh!
The Gene Wilder one is sooo good, eventhough it deviated away from the book.

Riddikulus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
That would be my idea of hell!  :laugh:

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm currently watching a TV show on the Pope/Vatican. I've been watching pseudo-historical stuff all day on natgeo, history, etc. Some interesting stuff amongst all the bs. And, I never thought I'd see the pope just chillin' in a chair watching TV in his living room :)

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
One of the local evangelist stations has been repeatedly showing The Passion of the Christ.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
biro said:
One of the local evangelist stations has been repeatedly showing The Passion of the Christ.
How much did they edit it to comply with FCC regulations?

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I'm currently watching a TV show on the Pope/Vatican. I've been watching pseudo-historical stuff all day on natgeo, history, etc. Some interesting stuff amongst all the bs. And, I never thought I'd see the pope just chillin' in a chair watching TV in his living room :)
Angels and Demons?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
Asteriktos said:
Angels and Demons?
I wouldn't consider the pope either of those, no  ;D

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Michał Kalina said:
Asteriktos said:
Angels and Demons?
I wouldn't consider the pope either of those, no  ;D
No, I meant a film with our co-believer Tom H.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Oh, nope, mostly just your typical stuff with Bart Ehrman, Crossan, etc.  I don't mind listening to/watching that Kirsti Copeland though...  :angel:

findingfaith

Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
Asteriktos said:
Angels and Demons?
Actually I think he was watching the same thing I was on history channel, it was called secret access: The Vatican http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1880322/

Jharek Carnelian

Reaction score
Lion of the Desert - a movie about the Libyan resistance to the Italians invading their country that focuses on Omar Mukthar.

Jonah Hex - this was a mistake, a big mistake, a tragic mistake. Much like the picture itself.

Fahrenheit 451. As I like Ray Bradbury a lot.

dzheremi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Been on a foreign film kick for the past...13 years or so, so for me it's "Ajami" (honestly it only caught my eye because the director's name is Scandar Copti; yeah, I know, I'm lame), "Under the Bombs", and "The Counterfeiters", from Palestine, Lebanon, and Germany (respectively). I'd seen the German film in theaters and liked it quite a bit (still do, apparently). Of the two Arabphone films, I'd prefer "Under the Bombs", but I have a request of filmmakers who deal with this part of the world: Can you please stop treating any story that has Christian and Muslim characters interacting like it's some sort amazingly special achievement? It's embarrassing. "He's a Christian...She's a Shi'ite...and he's driving her around in his taxi because she pays him to do that! Because that's his JOB! Watch as she does not signal Al-Qaeda with the some sort of terrorist 'bat signal' to come kill him. What a groundbreaking film this is!"

Oh, and a subrequest: Stop making us all look like miserable people. Of course the Christian guy has a love scene (and I'm not calling it that because his cab is adorned with a "just married" sign at any point)...why wouldn't he? And of COURSE the Christian girl falls in love with a Muslim, pressures him to tell her father about them, and her father flips out because Christians are just so unfair and unenlightened about interfaith relationships! And it totally ruins the girl's life forever, because she could only ever love the Muslim guy! Now she'll never be complete! Wah wah wah. Why did I have to be born a Christian?  ::)

يا رب، ارحمني، المشاهد

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
^ How did you like The Counterfeiters? I thought it was great, but pretty long! I'm glad that I saw the movie, though.

Just watched Out of the Ashes a few days ago and I was SO unimpressed. Bad, over exaggerated European accents, obvious Holocaust-on-a-Hollywood-set, bad script, etc. I can't believe it got such high ratings on Amazon.

dzheremi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Yeah, I really liked the Counterfeiters. I don't feel that it was long.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I don't have much of an attention span, admittedly. My friends call me the "TV girl" because I can watch 4 1-hr episodes (or more) in a row, but I can't sit through a 2 hour movie without getting antsy. Not sure why that is.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
The Jurassic Park Trilogy, both Star Wars Trilogies, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and Australia