What movies are you watching?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Watched the movie Bigger Stronger Faster today. It's a documentary about steroids, that tries to look at both sides of the issue, as well as other "enhancements" people use (from pills to surgery), the dietary supplement industry, the hypocrisy of Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc. It was actually a very even-handed and thoughtful movie, and I've seen people on both sides of the issue (both for and against steroids) recommend the movie. One of the more memorable scenes comes at the end. The director and guy driving the movie (e.g. doing the voice overs, conducting the interviews, etc.), does not use steroids, but his two brothers do. One of his brothers wants to have a second child, and his wife is against his usage of steroids. So the brother agrees to quit using them. However, in a private scene, when the wife is not present, the brother admits that he'll start using steroids again at some point in the future, and implies that he's willing to lie to his wife about it. In essence, he's addicted, perhaps not chemically, but at least psychologically. The drug gives him an edge, and he won't take the chance of losing that edge, even if it will mean possibly losing his family. It was a sad scene to watch, and it was doubly sad because, not long after this film was released, one of the director's brothers dies in a rehab clinic at the age of 37.

Vlad

Elder
Reaction score
Rasputin last night and A Christmas Carol tonight.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Question...has anyone heard about ch.131.com ..there showing the New twilight movie there  ,even though its still in the theaters..i watched it on line ,,didn't care for it..i didn't download it  in case its illegal don't want to get into trouble...

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
stashko said:
Question...has anyone heard about ch.131.com ..there showing the New twilight movie there  ,even though its still in the theaters..i watched it on line ,,didn't care for it..i didn't download it  in case its illegal don't want to get into trouble...
My PC security is Trend Micro's PC-cillin.  It lists this site as "dangerous"...

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
GabrieltheCelt said:
stashko said:
My PC security is Trend Micro's PC-cillin.  It lists this site as "dangerous"...
My free Avg anti virus scans web pages when  a google search is used ...so i ran  ch.131.com thru google search , avg showed a ok check mark that its safe ..i just don't click on everything there though ...

Vlad

Elder
Reaction score
Papist said:
My Goal for Christmas Break: Watch all of the Lord of the Rings.
The theatrical or the special edition, which is like 12 hours long for all three?

Andrew21091

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I watched The Cardinal last night. Its about a Catholic bishop who is on his way of becoming a cardinal and as the ceremony takes place his mind flashes back to all these various times in his life beginning with his ordination into the priesthood. It is a very good movie. I highly recommend it.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Shoes of the fisherman , very scary ,religous art in the west started to decline.....

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
stashko said:
Shoes of the fisherman , very scary ,religous art in the west started to decline.....
I would have thought your eyes would have started melting watching a movie about a Catholic.  ;)

Vlad

Elder
Reaction score
The Cardinal and Shoes of the Fisherman are very good movies love em.

Vlad

Elder
Reaction score
Last night I watched Public Enemies tonight I am gonna watch Dillinger.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Vlad said:
Papist said:
Vlad said:
Papist said:
My Goal for Christmas Break: Watch all of the Lord of the Rings.
The theatrical or the special edition, which is like 12 hours long for all three?
Special edition of course. :)
The only way to go. :laugh:
Lucky me. I just found out that another of my friends loves these movies. I'm gonna have at least one companion during my movie marathon.

Andrew21091

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Vlad said:
The Cardinal and Shoes of the Fisherman are very good movies love em.
I have not seen Shoes of the Fisherman but I think I'm going to have to check it out. It looks good and plus I'm a huge Anthony Quinn fan so its one I'm going to watch.