What movies are you watching?

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
primuspilus said:
See, my big worry is that after seeing the reviews, I summed the movie up as:

3 dudes get powers, 2 dudes love it, one guy gets all cuts-himself emo...they fight, emo kid dies. the end.

I hope Im wrong.

PP
Wait.  3 people get powers, two enjoy (abuse) the powers, one gets emo.  Emo dies.  Why would you hope you're wrong?  Sounds like the best possible ending for such a flick!

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Chinatown

I can see why it's so popular.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Kung Pow

I have been called bad before. Many have said I do things that are not correct to do. I don't believe in talk such as this. I am nice man, with happy feelings... all of the time!

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
Just watched Dawn of the Dead... Zombies were too agile.
Snyder version I take it?

Asteriktos, have you seen Tucker and Dale vs. Evil? Seems like it might be up your alley.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
That person said:
Asteriktos, have you seen Tucker and Dale vs. Evil? Seems like it might be up your alley.
Haven't seen that one, but I'll keep my eye out for it, thanks for the recommendation :)

Monk Vasyl

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
www.ukrainianorthodox.org
I got and enjoyed Ostrov, well worthing seeing again and again.

Now for secular films, I will not be seeing the Burton/Depp Dark Shadows, when it opens in May.  Loved the originial gothic soap opera, but the trailer for this film makes me sick.  Too much humor and the sexual tone is not to my liking.

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
Monk Vasyl said:
I got and enjoyed Ostrov, well worthing seeing again and again.

Now for secular films, I will not be seeing the Burton/Depp Dark Shadows, when it opens in May.  Loved the originial gothic soap opera, but the trailer for this film makes me sick.  Too much humor and the sexual tone is not to my liking.
I've said it elsewhere: the only people who didn't realize the original Dark Shadows was a comedic farce were the writers and its original fans. ;)

Monk Vasyl

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
www.ukrainianorthodox.org
The so-called camp in the original series was due to the fact it was filmed live and with the budget, ABC gave Dan Curtis, retakes were impossible.  I'm not a fan of the work of Burton.  Depp sounds like, in this trailer, Captain Jack Sparrow with fangs.  lol

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
Monk Vasyl said:
The so-called camp in the original series was due to the fact it was filmed live and with the budget, ABC gave Dan Curtis, retakes were impossible.  I'm not a fan of the work of Burton.  Depp sounds like, in this trailer, Captain Jack Sparrow with fangs.  lol
Fair enough.  I just think it's incredibly sub-par writing and filming, especially for network television at the time.  Any BBC series of the 60s, which were filmed with far less talent, time, money, and skill, stand up better than the original Dark Shadows. 

Aside from Planet of the Apes, I have seen every film Burton has ever directed and, with the exception of Batman Returns, I enjoyed each one at first viewing.  One could say I'm a mark for him, esp. when he directs Johnny Depp.