What movies are you watching?

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
The Triplets of Belleville. Pretty funny and gorgeously animated. I like to think Chuck Jones would have liked this one, especially the opening scene.

I'm definitely going to check out The Illusionist and Sylvain Chomet's other stuff once I have the scratch.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I couldn't get into "Triplets"... I found it unbearably dreary, almost soulless. I enjoyed "Illusionist" more but at the end I felt the same way.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
I couldn't get into "Triplets"... I found it unbearably dreary, almost soulless. I enjoyed "Illusionist" more but at the end I felt the same way.
Really? I felt the opposite. Chomet obviously has a dark sense of humor and a bit of a satirical bite towards American culture, but I really felt Madame Souza's love for Champion and Bruno as well as her indomitable nature. She reminds me of my late grandma :)

The Triplets were delightfully kind old eccentrics when it would have been easy to make them bitter has-beens.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson. Savior with Dennis Quaid.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Animat's Top Ten Worst Live-Action Movies Based on Cartoons. Part 2 begins automatically ten seconds after Part 1 ends.

http://blip.tv/animation-lookback/top-10-worst-films-based-on-a-cartoon-1-2-6250012

PJ

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Different movie, same title.
Ah, I was thinking of The Illusionist (2006), but I see now there's also The Illusionist (2010).

brandb

Reaction score
Peter J said:
"The Illusionist" was good. So was "The Prestige".
Volnutt said:
Different movie, same title.
Ah, I was thinking of The Illusionist (2006), but I see now there's also The Illusionist (2010).
Did not care for the The Illusionist (2006). Nooo sir. But I did enjoy The Prestige.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I saw Nolan's Batman trilogy last night. I was half asleep by TDKR, unfortunately. I may start a thread about Christian morality based on themes from The Dark Knight, though.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite films I'm trying to write down:

1. Apocalypse Now
2. Inception
3. I want to put Citizen Kane there but I know it might come off as me being a sheep who thinks its the greatest film ever.
4. Vertigo
5. Not sure yet on the rest.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna watch me some Labyrinth tonight. Who's with me? :)

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
My favorite films I'm trying to write down:

1. Apocalypse Now
2. Inception
3. I want to put Citizen Kane there but I know it might come off as me being a sheep who thinks its the greatest film ever.
4. Vertigo
5. Not sure yet on the rest.
Start over.