What movies are you watching?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Mulholland Dr. for the 4th time this week.

And Inland Empire is in the mail.

Thank you for disturbing me so much Mr. Lynch.
And the avatar is back.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pan Michał said:
Achronos said:
Mulholland Dr. for the 4th time this week.
One of Lynch/Badalamenti's bests, definitely.

Achronos said:
And Inland Empire is in the mail.
I've heard mixed opinions about this one, what are your thoughts?
I haven't seen it, I'll let you know. Are you a fan of Badalmenti? His music was perfect in Mulholland Dr., Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks.

Pan Michał

Elder
Reaction score
Achronos said:
I haven't seen it, I'll let you know. Are you a fan of Badalmenti? His music was perfect in Mulholland Dr., Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks.
Like his works a lot, along with his co-work with Reznor in "Lost Highway" :). Great composer.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pan Michał said:
Achronos said:
Like his works a lot, along with his co-work with Reznor in "Lost Highway" :). Great composer.
Reznor did a great job. Lynch also did good capturing the mood but I wouldn't rank it too highly in his canon. I cannot wait for Inland Empire though, people have been complaining it's too Lynchian. Which is fine with me, because I love how far he can go down the rabbit hole.

Pan Michał

Elder
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Reznor did a great job. Lynch also did good capturing the mood but I wouldn't rank it too highly in his canon. I cannot wait for Inland Empire though, people have been complaining it's too Lynchian. Which is fine with me, because I love how far he can go down the rabbit hole.
Speaking of rabbit hole, I recommend you his "Rabbits" (although I'm pretty sure you've watched it, posting just in case) - rated "H" for "Huh?"  ???

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pan Michał said:
I've heard mixed opinions about this one, what are your thoughts?
Inland Empire is that film dude. 3 hours of pure Lynch, just incredible. It's going to take along while for this one to sink in and there is one scene in particular which I think is the most disturbing haunting image I have ever seen.

A hell of an emotional rollercoaster.

And now I'll be watching Mulholland Drive tonight again. Watching it at night is just the best.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I have to watch Apocalypse Now some time today or my mom is sending it back to Netflix. Too bad it's three hours long.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
William said:
I have to watch Apocalypse Now some time today or my mom is sending it back to Netflix. Too bad it's three hours long.
Just saw the second half of it again while recovering after a night of carousing (aka, a Friday).  It's a pretty good movie.  There probably isn't anything important enough in your life to keep you from watching it right now.

We will discuss it in three hours.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
William said:
Whatever you do, please do not watch the Redux version first.

It's a much deeper film than what it appears to be. I especially like how Willard punches a mirror, which reflects (no pun) his own self-destruction.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I loved how Coppola manages to make this film circular. At the beginning of the film where Willard clearly has a mental breakdown, this is because of him killing Col. Kurtz just as the napalm in the beginning of the film is the destruction of the Kurtz compound, IMO.