What movies are you watching?

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
just playing that kind of music generally
IIRC, this one. It's been a while though I read those interviews but this is how I understood his comments when Heritage was released. He seemed to be more into old-fashioned Progressive Rock than Metal.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Asteriktos said:
just playing that kind of music generally
IIRC, this one. It's been a while though I read those interviews but this is how I understood his comments when Heritage was released. He seemed to be more into old-fashioned Progressive Rock than Metal.
Darn. Well thanks for the info anyway  :)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
^That man sure has an awful jacket. Mixing leather with other fabrics like that is heresy. :police:

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pan Michał said:
Achronos said:
Inland Empire is that film dude. 3 hours of pure Lynch, just incredible. It's going to take along while for this one to sink in and there is one scene in particular which I think is the most disturbing haunting image I have ever seen.

A hell of an emotional rollercoaster.

You've bought me, I'm into watching it.
Got it? Watching it right now again.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
The Road. It was pretty much the book, nothing more nothing less.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
William said:
Lol, I didn't know there is a book of same idea. Maybe I should read it since I didn't quite understand the movie. It didn't seem exactly bad one but the wasn't happening except walking and flashbacks.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Alpo said:
William said:
Lol, I didn't know there is a book of same idea. Maybe I should read it since I didn't quite understand the movie. It didn't seem exactly bad one but the wasn't happening except walking and flashbacks.
Cormac McCarthy's style of writing isn't really the best for clarifications.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Watched two movies on netflix recently...

The Hollywood Complex - About parents who try get their kids into the movie industry during pilot season. Pretty fairly balanced I thought, when it would have been easy to sensationalise things given the material. Nonetheless, you feel relieved at the end when at least one of the children goes back to having a normal life, though you feel bad for some others. Overall the parents came across very well, unlike movies/shows I've seen based on similar subject material, in which the parents usually seemed to either be exploiting their kids or trying to relive their childhood through them or something.

I Think We're Alone Now - About two people--one with Asperger's and one who is intersexual--who are obsessed with former teen pop personality Tiffany. I have a thing for Tiffany, that's why it caught my attention  :angel:  These two individuals are quite obsessed with Tiffany though, and it's one of those trainwreck reality show type situations that you don't look away from. Frankly I felt bad for both individuals, on multiple levels, though they both seem to at least have some support.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am looking forward to The Master. Critics rave, but fan reviews are so-so. Lots of fan reviews were actually pretty bad. I hope it's as good as the critics say. I usually trust the critics over the fans, but when a lot of fans say they hate a movie then that's not a good sign. Anyone seen it yet?

Selam

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
I am looking forward to The Master. Critics rave, but fan reviews are so-so. Lots of fan reviews were actually pretty bad. I hope it's as good as the critics say. I usually trust the critics over the fans, but when a lot of fans say they hate a movie then that's not a good sign. Anyone seen it yet?

Selam
ASAP.

PTA is arguably the greatest American filmaker of our generation.

Frankly, I don't put much stock in reviews and try to avoid them before seeing a film.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
orthonorm said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:

Selam
ASAP.

PTA is arguably the greatest American filmaker of our generation.

Frankly, I don't put much stock in reviews and try to avoid them before seeing a film.
Cool. I will try to see it soon. Look forward to discussing it with you.  :)

Selam

Pan Michał

Elder
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Got it? Watching it right now again.
I have only one objection - the forest scene with light bulb was a little over-the-top, in a bizarre way, that is ;)