What movies are you watching?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Drink some holy water.  ;)
"Removing an eye is easy. All it takes is a confident man and a coffee spoon" - Senseless  :angel:

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Asteriktos said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Drink some holy water.  ;)
"Removing an eye is easy. All it takes is a confident man and a coffee spoon" - Senseless  :angel:
I realize you like this particular genre (whatever it's called), but for the sake of your spiritual and mental health, try mixing in a decent drama or comedy now and then. I'm getting worried about you bro.  ;)

Selam

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
I realize you like this particular genre (whatever it's called), but for the sake of your spiritual and mental health, try mixing in a decent drama or comedy now and then. I'm getting worried about you bro.  ;)
Part of it is just the way netflix is set up. They keep suggesting more horror movies because that's what I watched, so I watch more horror movies and the cycle continues...  though I do watch TV shows like Star Trek and How It's Made as well. Eventually I'll run out of horror movies to watch and move on to something else.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
On netflix...

The Invitation - A guy poisons his friends and makes them admit their dark secrets. The movie tries to be mystical and profound. Not sure if it was or not.

My Little Eye - Horror/thriller supposedly about a reality show, when it turns out to be nothing like what the participants thought. Pretty interesting. I actually cared about one of the characters.

Spliced - Horror movie that had a lot of holes but overall was ok I guess.

Orthodox11

Archon
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to do any work, so I think I'll give up trying and watch a mindless movie. Given the time of year, does anyone have any good horror recommendations from 2010 onwards? Only recent one I've seen was Cabin in the Woods.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Orthodox11 said:
I can't bring myself to do any work, so I think I'll give up trying and watch a mindless movie. Given the time of year, does anyone have any good horror recommendations from 2010 onwards? Only recent one I've seen was Cabin in the Woods.
Last night I watched The Woman (2011) on netflix. I found it quite disturbing. Not sure if "disturbing" is exactly what you're looking for though.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
My brother and I have watched Sharpe's Rifles, Eagle, and Company.  Sharpe's Revenge will be next.  I've read all the books and re-read most of Waterloo during my vacation a week ago.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Some depressing Korean action thrillers:

I Saw the Devil
A Better Tomorrow
(a remake of the John Woo film)
The Man from Nowhere

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Monster House, lol "Hey guys I get you, my cousin's a cop in Milwaukee....well, kind of like a cop, he has a gun"

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Orthodox11 said:
Red State was... interesting. A pretty polarizing movie, and with good reason. It does a good job of subverting expectations for sure. Starts out as a raunchy teen comedy, then goes to horror, then goes to action with John Goodman as the badass cop. Might be worth a watch.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That person said:
Orthodox11 said:
Red State was... interesting. A pretty polarizing movie, and with good reason. It does a good job of subverting expectations for sure. Starts out as a raunchy teen comedy, then goes to horror, then goes to action with John Goodman as the badass cop. Might be worth a watch.
What happened to the real Kevin Smith?

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Clerks and Red State are the only films of his I've seen, so I know how he started and where he is now, but I have no idea just what happened in between.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Nazis at the Center of the Earth

If you ever wanted to see a b-movie about Nazis hiding underneath antarctica and Mengele using fetal stem cells to resuscitate Hitler with a huge robot body, and then using a space ship to try to conquer the world... this is that movie!

...on netflix

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
That person said:
Clerks and Red State are the only films of his I've seen, so I know how he started and where he is now, but I have no idea just what happened in between.
Mall Rats

neon_knights

High Elder
Reaction score
Recently watched:

Dream House
30 Minutes or Less
Goldfinger
Jackass: The Movie
17 Again

And in film class:

Life of Brian
The Seventh Seal

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
God Bless America- Two people develop disgust with contemporary American culture and society and react violently. Basically a poor man's Fight Club. Not bad, but not great.

Doctor Who (1996)- It wasn't as awful as I'd been primed to believe. McGann and Roberts filled their iconic roles well, while still bringing something of their own. The plot really didn't make a whole lot of sense though, and the whole "half-human" thing was dumb, and the Doctor kissing Grace set a dangerous precedent. So yeah, it was bad, but not unbearably so. The Tardis design was really cool at least. It's probably worth watching if you're a fan of the show.