What movies are you watching?

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
The Chinese plan is to whittle down our population with traffic accidents.

Jetavan

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.esoteric.msu.edu

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
The Chinese plan is to whittle down our population with traffic accidents.

Gangsta.

Just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales again last night.  One of the best movies ever made.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished watching No Country For Old Men last night. Don't really know what to think about it. I love the cat and mouse game, but I'm still not sure about how it ended.

Javier Bardem is one scary dude especially with that captive bolt pistol. And his scene with the guy at the gas station, that was some amazing tension buildup.

I still think A Serious Man might be my favorite Coen brothers film.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Went to the movies to see Playing For Keeps yesterday. First time I've been in a movie theater in several years. It was ok I guess. Not overly boring, but it did that annoying thing where an ex-boyfriend comes back into the picture, the girl decides that she still loves him, and then the girl leaves the guy she was about to marry for her ex. In this movie they didn't even bother making the "other guy" into a jerk or whatever, he just happened to be in the way of the primary characters getting back together. It was supposed to be a romantic comedy, but as someone else said it was more like a romantic drama with a few comedic moments.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Saw "Les Visiteurs", the original French version of "Just Visiting".  I love that movie and I LOVE Jean Reno.  More Jean Reno - Wasabi, Leon: The Professional, and The Crimson Rivers.

1911 - A Jackie Chan movie about the Revolution that put Sun Yat-sen in power.  Jackie Chan is surprisingly good in a serious role.  There is not a whole lot of martial arts in the movie.  I'm only 2/3 of the way through but so far only one fighting scene that doesn't involve bolt-action rifles...actually, scrap that, the only martial arts parts resolves about him trying to get the bolt action from the would-be assassins.  Definitely worth seeing if you want to see a Chinese war movies.  I still think the Finns and the Koreans are the best when it comes to war flicks, but 1911 ain't half bad!

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Saw "Les Visiteurs", the original French version of "Just Visiting".  I love that movie and I LOVE Jean Reno.  More Jean Reno - Wasabi, Leon: The Professional, and The Crimson Rivers.

1911 - A Jackie Chan movie about the Revolution that put Sun Yat-sen in power.  Jackie Chan is surprisingly good in a serious role.  There is not a whole lot of martial arts in the movie.  I'm only 2/3 of the way through but so far only one fighting scene that doesn't involve bolt-action rifles...actually, scrap that, the only martial arts parts resolves about him trying to get the bolt action from the would-be assassins.  Definitely worth seeing if you want to see a Chinese war movies.  I still think the Finns and the Koreans are the best when it comes to war flicks, but 1911 ain't half bad!
I've been wondering about 1911.  Thanks for the review.  Think I will watch it this weekend.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Watched Rise of the Guardians, and couldn't help but notice how the main villain (the boogeyman) looked a lot like someone else in the movies...

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh

Maybe the worst movie ever made, but I remember my father taking me to see it when I was 11 years old. And I loved it. I stumbled across it on some obscure cable channel the other night. It brought back fond memories. Horrible movie, but it was fun to watch it again after all these years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wre9bkg9Mxw

Selam

neon_knights

High Elder
Reaction score
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Fight Club
I Love You, Man
Hot Tub Time Machine

And maybe Office Space later on tonight.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Muppets (Christmas Carol and Treasure Island) and The Polar Express.

Tomorrow is definitely Scrooge day. ;D

Shanghaiski

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart--best version ever!)

It Happened on Fifth Aveue (Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Happened_on_Fifth_Avenue)