I watch videos on Youtube about stuff that matters; like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOGQVvEU8vY
And this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEC6e8N0Wfk&feature=related

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o7UGLTauHI&feature=related

And finally, this, from all the way back to 1998:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGjxtEn_UXA&feature=related

Psa. 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
Psa. 92:7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

Prov. 11:10 When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, there is shouting.
Prov. 18:3 When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.
Prov. 28:12 When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.
Prov. 28:28 When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase.
Prov. 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Prov. 29:16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall.
Ezek. 18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
Hab. 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
Psa. 10:16 The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.

Psa. 67:1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.
Psa. 67:6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
Psa. 67:7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.
Psa. 115:12 The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.

Riddikulus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Speaking of youtube, recently my grandaughter got me hooked on an Anime series - Ayashi No Ceres - which I really enjoyed. Then someone else suggested an old (1970s) British series called, Children of the Stones. A bit heavy on the spooky chorales, but quite watchable. 

GregoryLA

Elder
Reaction score
I just finished watching Prisoner of the Mountains.  It was really good.  Part of what made it so good for me I think is the fact that it takes place in the Caucasus which is an area of the world I think is extremely interesting.  It's about two Russian soldiers who are taken prisoner by a Chechen man during the war back in the early 90s.  I'd recommend it.

Heorhij

Merarches
Reaction score
Columbus, MS, USA (Originally from Ukraine)
Website
www.muw.edu
Yesterday night, Lesya and I saw "Departures" (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810038113/info), a very interesting contemporary Japanese film directed by Yojiro Takita (2009). A story about a spiritual journey of a symphony orchestra player (cellist), who suddenly, out of the blue, finds himself unemployed. Very good cinematography, careful, attentive, dynamic, a bit on the "nervous" side. Very good acting of the main hero (Masahiro Motoki) and his wife (Ryoko Hirosue).

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever I get the chance, I go down to the next movie on the IMDB top 250 list.  Next in the list is "Rear Window" (1954).

Andrew21091

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
Whenever I get the chance, I go down to the next movie on the IMDB top 250 list.  Next in the list is "Rear Window" (1954).
I love Rear Window. It is my favorite Hitchcock film; it is a masterpiece. James Stewart is also one of my favorite actors.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
jnorm888 said:
Papist said:
I recently saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I thought that it was pretty awesome.
I saw it over the weekend, and I like it. I also like the book of Eli. It seemed strange and some what out of place in our now extreme secular culture.....but I liked it.

ICXC NIKA
My youner brother told me that the Book of Eli was great, so I am gonna give it a shot.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Papist said:
I recently saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I thought that it was pretty awesome.
oh man...that was a good movie.  And the most hilarious scene, I must say, was when Holmes needed to be released free from the bed.

Crucifer

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.uscj.org
minasoliman said:
Hitchcock did some gr8 stuff. And Grace Kelly is wonderful in this film.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just went and saw "Up In The Air." A very good movie. I usually avoid anything with George Clooney, but the reviews were good and it seemed like an intriguing story line. I was not disappointed. This movie is not for fans of action, special effects, etc. But if you like good human interest drama, this one is worth seeing.

(Do be aware that there is some profanity and brief nudity.)

Selam

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
I just went and saw "Up In The Air." A very good movie. I usually avoid anything with George Clooney, but the reviews were good and it seemed like an intriguing story line. I was not disappointed. This movie is not for fans of action, special effects, etc. But if you like good human interest drama, this one is worth seeing.

(Do be aware that there is some profanity and brief nudity.)

Selam
I'm the opposite.  I'll see anything with George Clooney in it and will no doubt see this soon (assuming it stays in the theaters until I find the time to go!).

He is the 21st century Cary Grant (another actor whose films I will not hesitate to see!)

And yes, I know I'm prattling on like a school girl.  None of you can point out anything my wife hasn't already regarding my man-crush on Clooney and Grant ;)

Andrew21091

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
One of the next movies I should be getting from Netflix is a film called Nicholas and Alexandra which tells the story of the Tsar and his wife. Has anyone seen this? Thoughts?

Andrew21091

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Papist said:
Has anyone seen a movie called The Island? Its about a Russian Orthodox Monk.
Yes, its excellent. The Russian monk in the film is a portrayal of the Holy Fool for Christ.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Andrew21091 said:
Papist said:
Has anyone seen a movie called The Island? Its about a Russian Orthodox Monk.
Yes, its excellent. The Russian monk in the film is a portrayal of the Holy Fool for Christ.
My friend, who is the youth minister at my parish, wants me to watch it.

iustinos

Reaction score
Andrew21091 said:
One of the next movies I should be getting from Netflix is a film called Nicholas and Alexandra which tells the story of the Tsar and his wife. Has anyone seen this? Thoughts?
Having read Robert Massie's book, on which the movies is very loosely based, and having a devotion to the Royal Martyrs, I was not impressed with the movie.  Especially the part at the end where one of the Grand Duchesses is so upset that she will die a virgin that she feels the need to disrobe for one of the soldiers, albeit briefly.  It is a very Hollywood-ized telling of their saintly lives, and not good for inducing piety.