What TV shows are you watching?

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
6,805
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Nephi said:
Charles Martel said:
the last thing I would be doing is openly bragging about catching every episode of this nonsense.
Not far back in this thread I just said that Glee is the fault of my wife. I don't think that amounts to "openly bragging about catching every episode," but by all means - feel free to keep judging. ;)
I see who wears the pants in your house.

By all means, keep watching Gleefully.  ;)
 

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
6,805
Reaction score
0
Points
0
JamesR said:
When did History Channel become a historically inaccurate, secularly-biased engine for atheist propaganda built on common historical myths and inaccuracies that wouldn't even hold their weight in a high-school classroom?
When was the last time the History Channel had any shows actually about "history"?

I think they ran out of episodes of historically, truth- twisting Nazis, the Templars and Jesus a long time ago.

Now it's all about "gangbangers and swamp people".  ::)
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,265
Reaction score
55
Points
48
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
[quote author=Charles Martel]
That's if you have time in between episodes of "Glee", "The New Normal" or the next sexual deviant perversion coming down the Hollywood pike to screen near you. ;)
[/quote]

Oh, wow. So if I watch bad sitcoms - which I don't, by the way- I'm a sexual deviant and a pervert?

I didn't know that was such an easy task to accomplish.

Talk about redefining the words.

I'm celibate, but don't let the facts get in the way of your story.  ::)
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
hyperdox Confession.....I feel so ashamed  :'(

I've been known to watch the Catholic channel on television because I still do enjoy their documentaries about Church history (even if it has a western bias) and their daily devotions to Saints.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
JamesR said:
hyperdox Confession.....I feel so ashamed  :'(

I've been known to watch the Catholic channel on television because I still do enjoy their documentaries about Church history (even if it has a western bias) and their daily devotions to Saints.
So interest in history makes one a Hyperdox?
 

neon_knights

High Elder
Joined
May 8, 2011
Messages
513
Reaction score
0
Points
0
JamesR said:
hyperdox Confession.....I feel so ashamed  :'(

I've been known to watch the Catholic channel on television because I still do enjoy their documentaries about Church history (even if it has a western bias) and their daily devotions to Saints.
EWTN is a good channel. The Masses shown on that channel are very beautiful and reverent.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
110
Points
63
Age
41
The Twilight Zone

Have been watching them again, on netflix. They're not as good as I remember. I didn't notice before how heavily they rely on the unusual premise or surprise ending to cover up for bad writing, plot holes and acting.  Though I suppose I will always love the "It's a cookbook" type scenes.
 

Charles Martel

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
6,805
Reaction score
0
Points
0
biro said:
[quote author=Charles Martel]
That's if you have time in between episodes of "Glee", "The New Normal" or the next sexual deviant perversion coming down the Hollywood pike to screen near you. ;)
Oh, wow. So if I watch bad sitcoms - which I don't, by the way- I'm a sexual deviant and a pervert?

I didn't know that was such an easy task to accomplish.

Talk about redefining the words.

I'm celibate, but don't let the facts get in the way of your story.  ::)
[/quote] If you don't actively engage in viewing shows glorifying fornication and the homosexual "lifestyle" why would you consider yourself a deviant or pervert? You logic doesn't cohere..

And being celibate has nothing to do with it if you do.

Try to stay focused.
 

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
14,838
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Maryland
Watched Walking Dead mid-season finale

Need a break

May need counseling

Asians are smart
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
Marc1152 said:
Watched Walking Dead mid-season finale

Need a break

May need counseling

Asians are smart
That was pretty good.  Zombie shiv.

My guess is that the black husband and wife will get integrated into the group OK but since the other two tools failed to keep their woman alive they will have to be used as convenient guys to die at some point.  Chi-mo is probably going to turn traitor.

I saw Darryl running in the preview with his crossbow so my money is on him surviving, but IDK about Merle.  That was kind of sad and the Gov has officially got on my turdburglar list.  I could have given him breaks for killing the army guys, keeping zombie heads in fish tanks, keeping his zombie daughter as a pet, hell, he even could have killed Lashonda and I'd still think he was cool, but please, Gov, keep your hands off my Darryl!  He's what makes this show!
 

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
14,838
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Maryland
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:
Watched Walking Dead mid-season finale

Need a break

May need counseling

Asians are smart
That was pretty good.  Zombie shiv.

My guess is that the black husband and wife will get integrated into the group OK but since the other two tools failed to keep their woman alive they will have to be used as convenient guys to die at some point.  Chi-mo is probably going to turn traitor.

I saw Darryl running in the preview with his crossbow so my money is on him surviving, but IDK about Merle.  That was kind of sad and the Gov has officially got on my turdburglar list.  I could have given him breaks for killing the army guys, keeping zombie heads in fish tanks, keeping his zombie daughter as a pet, hell, he even could have killed Lashonda and I'd still think he was cool, but please, Gov, keep your hands off my Darryl!  He's what makes this show!
We looked up the actor who plays Darryl.. He's a make modle... LOL

The show may be getting too gory for some viewers. The wife and daughter are bailing. I spend half the show covering my eyes. There are some imagies I am not so sure I want in my head.

I think they need to do some character development again since so many oldies have been offed and so many newbies have arrived and then add in Zombies .  Beheadings and mutiltations are fine with me as long as they are not the whole show,
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
Marc1152 said:
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:
Watched Walking Dead mid-season finale

Need a break

May need counseling

Asians are smart
That was pretty good.  Zombie shiv.

My guess is that the black husband and wife will get integrated into the group OK but since the other two tools failed to keep their woman alive they will have to be used as convenient guys to die at some point.  Chi-mo is probably going to turn traitor.

I saw Darryl running in the preview with his crossbow so my money is on him surviving, but IDK about Merle.  That was kind of sad and the Gov has officially got on my turdburglar list.  I could have given him breaks for killing the army guys, keeping zombie heads in fish tanks, keeping his zombie daughter as a pet, hell, he even could have killed Lashonda and I'd still think he was cool, but please, Gov, keep your hands off my Darryl!  He's what makes this show!
We looked up the actor who plays Darryl.. He's a make modle... LOL

The show may be getting too gory for some viewers. The wife and daughter are bailing. I spend half the show covering my eyes. There are some imagies I am not so sure I want in my head.

I think they need to do some character development again since so many oldies have been offed and so many newbies have arrived and then add in Zombies .  Beheadings and mutiltations are fine with me as long as they are not the whole show,
I think that they are going to have to do some catching up.  They killed off one of the prisoners this episode and I think they are setting up Chester the Molester for some killin' later on.  The new group will need some setting up and I foresee a "Lost-style" flashback at some point showing how the Governor came to be, unless they kill him off somehow by the end of the season, though I think they could go far with him if they keep him alive. 

It's going to be the Darryl and Merle thing that has me on the seat of my pants waiting for January to roll around!
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
110
Points
63
Age
41
Who got seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead and a Walking Dead t-shirt for Christmas? I did, that's who!

 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,095
Reaction score
64
Points
48
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
Do zombies go hunting for graaaaaaaains during Lent? ;D :p

Being a Doctor Who fan is a necessity for survival in my household.
 

That person

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Doctor Who is great. Seriously digging Jenna Louise Coleman's character.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
110
Points
63
Age
41
Er... asian edition?  ???  8)

I watched some of them on netflix this month. I was a HYUGE x-phile back in the day, so I wanted to see how they held up after all this time. The great episodes were still great, but some of them seemed boring now. The cig. smoking man will always pwn though.
 

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
610
Reaction score
1
Points
16
haha, well I am a linguist in the navy so I got to maintain my language ability for the annual dlpt (2+,2+,2 on most recent test, will be shooting for 3,3,2+ this year coming). Plus after this whole military thing is done, hoping to get into uva's darden school of business, get my mba, market my chinese and make millions.
At the end of season 5 they had a behind the scenses episode. The smoking man was interviewed and he expressed his belief the show was more about him than mulder. I am nearly done with season 6 and I am starting to agree with him.
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,095
Reaction score
64
Points
48
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
I was a huge fan of the X-Files as well. Seasons 2-4 were the best. ;D

Come to think about it, nearly all of my favourite shows have long wrapped (or folded). Mission Impossible, La Femme Nikita, Robin of Sherwood, Daria, now Merlin and Eureka as well... Come to think about it, apart from Doctor Who, the only other show I can look forward to is Game of Thrones.
 

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Dec 23, 2011
Messages
7,522
Reaction score
87
Points
48
Age
29
Location
Poland
Website
www.youtube.com
ALF after a pause lasting many years. Now I watch it from another perspective. I've come back to it because I always watch something special (and what makes me laugh) during Nativity season.

And for a few months Looney Tunes Show. I prefer classic episodes, but these new ones are not so bad.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
110
Points
63
Age
41
LOL



inb4 someone says Walking Dead zombies don't go after just brains
inb4 someone says that they just passed her up because she had zombie guts all over her
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
110
Points
63
Age
41
New season of Biggest Loser starts in about an hour...
 

NUMB3R7

Newbie
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
67
Location
North America
In reply to the OP, I watch some TV shows; News, being the primary interest but also retro sci-fi series like "The Outer Limits" and "The Twilight Zone" and many movies, as well. I do this as part of an investigation that I began in 2007. In a nutshell, all television shows, and not to exclude the televising equipment, are satanic; the television is a product after the New World Order that was established in 1848. Every single piece of media is to brainwash the human mind so that we become so depraved that we can no longer understand reality and truth and we will no longer fear God [Hos 4:1-3]. It's a lengthy investigation that does expose a conspiracy and it's not like any other that has been told. The investigation also led me to the Marvel Comic book series of "Captain America /Spirit of '76", which is also linked and reveals profound parallels to the Truth while providing significant evidence of a conspiracy to brainwash Americans and eventually the entire world. I don't intend to criticize anyone but to inform. God bless!
 

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,477
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sunny Southern Cal
California's Gold, Road Trip and Visiting, all with the late great Huell Howser, +eternal memory to him.
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,095
Reaction score
64
Points
48
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
Sunday night is classic-style British crime drama night. Ripper Street and Lewis. *two thumbs up*
 

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
44
Location
Aylesbury
Arachne said:
Sunday night is classic-style British crime drama night. Ripper Street and Lewis. *two thumbs up*
Thumbs up for Ripper Street - not so much for Lewis. I tried watching Blandings last night because I generally like P.G. Wodehouse, but I'm afraid I found it rather disappointing. I'd much rather watch old episodes of Jeeves and Wooster, but maybe it will improve.

James
 

BTRAKAS

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
3,159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
67
Location
North Royalton, Ohio
LizaSymonenko said:
Downton Abbey

:)
I finally watched it last evening, (now that "Desperate Housewives" is off the air).  I don't know the story lines, but was still intrigued by it and hope to make it a regular part of my week!
 

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
16,279
Reaction score
71
Points
48
Location
Detroit
Website
protectress.org
Oh it's easy to catch up.

There's three Crawley daughters - Mary, Edith and Sybil. 


Mary falls in love with Matthew from the beginning...but, alas...it doesn't turn out. 


Then she is swept off her feet by a visiting Mr. Pamuk...who visits her in her room.  Needless to say he dies in her bed.  Oh, the shame!  She has her maid Anna and her mother, help get him out of her bed and carry him back to his.


Scullery maid Daisy sees this and eventually leaks this information to middle sister Edith, who has always had issues with Mary.

Matthew who loves but, for very many obstacles doesn't hook up with Mary....eventually gets involved with Lavinia.  Sweet girl.  He goes to war, comes home crippled and she's still by his side....well, on his left side, because Mary is on his right, as he's recuperating in their home, Downton Abbey.  At the end Lavinia sees Matthew and Mary share a kiss....and the next day she gets the Spanish Flu and dies.  Out of guilt Matthew can't marry Mary, now.


Edith has fallen for an older gentleman, Sir Anthony...and to spite her, Mary tells Sir Anthony that Edith his having a hoot leading the old stooge along.  He takes it to heart and leaves...and Edith is heart broken.


So, Edith leaks the information concerning Mr. Pamuk's demise to the Turkish embassy, and gossip reigns supreme.  No eligible man will look at Mary.

To save face, Mary agrees to marry the newspaper tycoon who is harsh and mean and domineering.  At the end of Season 2, Mary's father finds out why she's marrying him and tells her to call of the wedding, that they will get through the gossip.


End of Season 2, Matthew proposes to Mary. 


and they finally wed


Youngest sister Sybil, is a rebel....she's all for women's rights, etc.  Falls for the Irish chauffeur, Branson....and eventually marries him and moves to Ireland...to the shock and dismay of the entire family.


She's now back for Mary's wedding, and pregnant.  Mary gets married and is happy....and Edith once again tries to make amends with Sir Anthony...whom her father deems an unfit match for his young daughter.  Either way, they decide to wed....and at the altar, the old man realizes the error of marrying Edith and leaves her standing at the altar.....and Edith is once again heart broken and upset that youngest sis is married and pregnant and Mary got Matthew....and she's destined to be a spinster.


Lord Crawly made a bad investment and is about to lose the house, but, Lavinia's father died and left Matthew (dead daughter's almost husband) tons of money...enough to save the family from living a middle class life.  Matthew and Mary go at it, because Mary is all about the money, but, Matthew feels it's deceitful, because he broke Lavinia's heart and then she died.  In the end, he takes the money and the rich remain rich.

There's a great storyline downstairs, as well.  Anna and her Mr. Bates who is in jail for killing his ex....which he swears he did not...and because we love the two of them, we believe him.


Then there's Mrs. Obrien and Thomas the footman, butler or whatever he is now.  They were in cahoots and made life miserable for all the servants...she even was the reason that the Lady of the manor slipped on a wet floor and miscarried.  However, the two are at odds these days and trying to destroy each other.


Then there's the scullery made/cook's assistant Daisy, who led on William the footman....he fell madly in love with her, but, she didn't love him back apparently.  Then he went to war, and everyone told her to play the part of his sweetheart to keep his spirits up.  He came home mortally wounded and she was talked in to marrying him, so he dies happy....and he wanted to marry her so she would get a widow's pension.  Now his father shows her fatherly attention and she feels guilty....but, she's starting to like having a father...


....plus, countless other little story lines.

Great show!

Love Cousin Violet and her one liners. 




 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,265
Reaction score
55
Points
48
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
We just got new cable, so I'll be trying to figure out what's going on.
 
Top