What TV shows are you watching?

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
This season's last episode of "Inspector Lewis" is on at 9:00 PM Eastern in the U.S.  :) Local PBS.

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:
Season premier of Walking Dead was last night.. They tied up several lose strings and long build ups..Very well done. Best show on TV

A friend of my step daughter is staying with us. She dressed up in survival gear to watch.. She was crying by the end.

I however stayed steady since there is ice water running through my veins.
Is it just me or do you like Carol even more after this episode?  She is cold, like absolute zero cold.

**Spoilers*** (sorta)

So any speculation on who the naughty folks they showed during the "then" sequence at the end?  Nagan's boys? (Foreshadowing.) Or did they become steaks?
Carol looked good for a change when she was all smeared with Zombie goo. It may have been because it covered her hair and turned it red.

Carol will be sleeping with the fish pretty soon is my prediction. Daryl has to be freed up to pursue a romance with Beth once they rescue her. Better for fan interest.

I keep getting in trouble with the family because I mutter stuff like, "Dark Meat", "Chinese Food", "Tasty Morsel"

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:
Season premier of Walking Dead was last night.. They tied up several lose strings and long build ups..Very well done. Best show on TV

A friend of my step daughter is staying with us. She dressed up in survival gear to watch.. She was crying by the end.

I however stayed steady since there is ice water running through my veins.
Is it just me or do you like Carol even more after this episode?  She is cold, like absolute zero cold.

**Spoilers*** (sorta)

So any speculation on who the naughty folks they showed during the "then" sequence at the end?  Nagan's boys? (Foreshadowing.) Or did they become steaks?
Carol looked good for a change when she was all smeared with Zombie goo. It may have been because it covered her hair and turned it red.

Carol will be sleeping with the fish pretty soon is my prediction. Daryl has to be freed up to pursue a romance with Beth once they rescue her. Better for fan interest.

I keep getting in trouble with the family because I mutter stuff like, "Dark Meat", "Chinese Food", "Tasty Morsel"
I've liked Carol for a while.  I don't doubt your prediction, though it's going to suck. 

Also, I'd hate to have the misfortune of being a black man in that universe.  Black Man Highlander(TM) continues!  There can be only one!

(I just wish it were still T-Dog.)

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
(Walking Dead spoiler alert)

I think Carol is dead... I think the teaser last night is just to torture us for a week.

And the actor who played Gareth, is going to do really well. He was an awesome bad guy. RIP

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:

I think Carol is dead... I think the teaser last night is just to torture us for a week.

And the actor who played Gareth, is going to do really well. He was an awesome bad guy. RIP
Not yet.  Please, not yet.

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:

The "Talking Dead" after show usually provides some level of grief counseling.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I watch the NASA channel a lot. Also, sometimes at night, I watch the "yule log" type channels, which I get on my Roku TV streaming box. They have animal cams where you can watch kittens and whatnot play or sleep at the animal shelter. They also have nature cams, stuff like that. It's very relaxing. Some days I'm up late, I can't sleep, it's the closest thing I can get to fresh air. :)

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:

I really enjoy "Talking Dead". And interesting theory about Carol... I think there are a lot of fans who are going to be super mad if she dies (there's a lot of Carol/Daryl shippers). I really like her character, but I would like to see Daryl with Beth. I was wondering if maybe it was Beth in the woods that Daryl says "Come on out" to, and next week's episode is going to start as a flashback to show us what has been happening with her all this time, and end with her getting rescued. I think it's either her or Morgan.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Clips of "Too Cute" from Animal Planet

The Weather Channel

Waiting for Monday Night Football to start

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Marc1152 said:
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:

I really enjoy "Talking Dead". And interesting theory about Carol... I think there are a lot of fans who are going to be super mad if she dies (there's a lot of Carol/Daryl shippers). I really like her character, but I would like to see Daryl with Beth. I was wondering if maybe it was Beth in the woods that Daryl says "Come on out" to, and next week's episode is going to start as a flashback to show us what has been happening with her all this time, and end with her getting rescued. I think it's either her or Morgan.
Norman Reedus has a gigantic female following. They made an error when they paired him with Carol. The 15 year old girls cant relate. They need to have him with Beth.....  Sorry Carol. It's just business. $

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
ZealousZeal said:
Marc1152 said:
vamrat said:
Marc1152 said:

Norman Reedus has a gigantic female following. They made an error when they paired him with Carol. The 15 year old girls cant relate. They need to have him with Beth.....  Sorry Carol. It's just business. $

I had always hoped it would be Beth and Kwoaarl.  I am split on who would be the better love receptacle for Daryl, the greatest still living man of the apocalypse.  Carol is hard as a rock and yes, I think she is pretty.  Beth is from Nebraska (the actress) so I automatically have to pull for her a bit as pretty girls from Nebraska are rarer than hen's teeth and non-exploding meth labs.  I think she is the basis for Penny's character in the big bang theory (the actress in BBT is not from Nebraska, as if there were two exceptionally pretty girls in this state...lol).

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
I think she is the basis for Penny's character in the big bang theory (the actress in BBT is not from Nebraska, as if there were two exceptionally pretty girls in this state...lol).
There are far more than two pretty girls in Nebraska.  The problem is, none of them are in Omaha.  I was taken to Blair by ambulance from the plant one day, and I asked to go to the veterinary clinic since I heard the care was better there.  Well, they took me to the hospital instead, and let me tell you, there was not one woman in that hospital that was not drop dead gorgeous.  I was sure that I was going to die with a smile on my face.  But, that did not happen . . .

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Punch said:
vamrat said:
I think she is the basis for Penny's character in the big bang theory (the actress in BBT is not from Nebraska, as if there were two exceptionally pretty girls in this state...lol).
There are far more than two pretty girls in Nebraska.  The problem is, none of them are in Omaha.  I was taken to Blair by ambulance from the plant one day, and I asked to go to the veterinary clinic since I heard the care was better there.  Well, they took me to the hospital instead, and let me tell you, there was not one woman in that hospital that was not drop dead gorgeous.  I was sure that I was going to die with a smile on my face.  But, that did not happen . . .
Those were sirens waiting at the first tollhouse, not Nebraskan women.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the new Phineas & Ferb series. The Halloween special (Night of the Living Pharmacists) was brilliant.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched 'The Curse of Clyde Langer', the penultimate serial of The Sarah Jane Adventures. It's hard to believe that Elizabeth Sladen was terminally ill when she made that.

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Peter J said:
Marc1152 said:
Norman Reedus has a gigantic female following.
Do a lot of shows cater to the gigantic female demographic?
One of the big drivers of the popularity of Walking Dead is the popularity of Norman Reedus with the womens.

Carol, got wheeled into the hospital last night at the end of the show.. Not looking too healthy from what I saw. They are really trying to stretch this out.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Watched an episode of "The Black List."  I thought it was pretty good.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Librarians' trailers are teasing me mercilessly. I can hardly wait for Dec. 7.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
I am split on who would be the better love receptacle for Daryl, the greatest still living man of the apocalypse. 
LOL

Peter J said:
Marc1152 said:
Norman Reedus has a gigantic female following.
Do a lot of shows cater to the gigantic female demographic?
LOL.

Also, after considering this at length, I'm going on record and calling it: Beth dies soon-ish, and Carol lives.

wainscottbl

Archon
Reaction score
1. The West Wing
2. Scandal
3. How To Get Away With Murder
4. Gotham
5. The Good Wife
6. Portlandia on DVR (when I am in the mood for something funny)

ays

Reaction score
Arachne said:
The Librarians' trailers are teasing me mercilessly. I can hardly wait for Dec. 7.
I just watched the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXQVOOGGc0 and its good!

Anyhow, I am currently watching:
- The Walking dead
- The Blacklist (missed James Spader since Boston Legal)
- Elementary
- Constantine
- Hell on Wheels

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hammer House of Horrors reruns. 8)

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Just finished watching Over the Garden Wall. It has some wonderful animation and music. 

wainscottbl

Archon
Reaction score
ays said:
Arachne said:
I just watched the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXQVOOGGc0 and its good!

Anyhow, I am currently watching:
- The Walking dead
- The Blacklist (missed James Spader since Boston Legal)
- Elementary
- Constantine
- Hell on Wheels
I need to watch The Blacklist. Big fan of Jame's Spader. I miss Boston Legal. Anyone remember "The Practice"? I've been hoping they will put it on Netflix or start showing it on TV Land.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I just finished the second season of Orange is the New Black. The writers should be given every award out there.  There is some pretty offensive stuff in the show, but man is the writing good!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Best season of The Walking Dead so far! 5 Stars! A++ show! Would watch again!

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:
I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.
I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  :angel:

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:
I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  :angel:
I'm guessing the person he was watching it was terribly confused why someone would go by the name of Asteriktos.