What TV shows are you watching?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:
Best season of The Walking Dead so far! 5 Stars! A++ show! Would watch again!
I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.
I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  :angel:
I'm guessing the person he was watching it was terribly confused why someone would go by the name of Asteriktos.
They know who * is. The movie was the legoS movie.

Clever enough for everyone to recognize that they made at least 10 of the jokes in the movie and panders to the dominant ideology whilst pretending to do otherwise.

So yeah: *

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:
I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.
I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  :angel:
I'm guessing the person he was watching it was terribly confused why someone would go by the name of Asteriktos.

Clever enough for everyone to recognize that they made at least 10 of the jokes in the movie and panders to the dominant ideology whilst pretending to do otherwise.

Since when do Lego movies pander to any ideology?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Since when do Lego movies pander to any ideology?
Everyone knows that Lego movies are all about adding more bricks to the wall.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:

Awww, you and Shiny are dating. How cute!  :-*

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:

Not Shiny. Keep trying.
IsmiLiora?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:

Not Shiny. Keep trying.
IsmiLiora?
Getting closer . . .

Further info, Shiny evidently is concerned I would harm him in RL, so much for that affair.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
kelly said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:

Not Shiny. Keep trying.
IsmiLiora?
Getting closer . . .

Further info, Shiny evidently is concerned I would harm him in RL, so much for that affair.
aka "Bingo!"

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
kelly said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:

Not Shiny. Keep trying.
IsmiLiora?
Getting closer . . .

lol! orthonorm is nothing but a big ol' teddy bear. Maybe a teddy bear that no one understands most of the time, but at least not one that would harm anyone.

or would he?

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
kelly said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
orthonorm said:
Justin Kissel said:

Not Shiny. Keep trying.
IsmiLiora?
Getting closer . . .

lol! orthonorm is nothing but a big ol' teddy bear. Maybe a teddy bear that no one understands most of the time, but at least not one that would harm anyone.

or would he?
The things you see every day.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
This is probably the ultimate blasphemy, but I don't like The Walking Dead. I think it's a garbage series that hasn't added anything new or original to the undead genre. My biggest criticism with the series as well as 99.999% of zombie films and media is that they all take place after the world has been overrun and the apocalypse has unfolded. They are post-apocalyptic. IMO, I find this to be boring, lazy, and overdone. I don't want another survivalist disaster movie; I want a pre-apocalyptic film that starts at the very beginning of the zombie epidemic and shows how it gradually progresses and how society deals with it while slowly crumpling. The most intriguing part of the zombie lore is speculating how society broke down; what happened to the military and civilization? What happened to the man in the shower when the dead started rising? What happened to the kid on the school bus? What were humanity's final days like?

Most zombie lore ignores this entirely and fast forwards to the very end of the apocalypse where society has already been destroyed, the world overrun, and none of these questions have been answered. And it revolves around a bunch of boring post-apocalyptic survivors who just try to survive. Bleh. Boring and unoriginal.

My favorite zombie moment of all time was in the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead where the National Guard trucks and armed rednecks are seen patrolling the countryside and trying to maintain some semblance of order (I always wondered what happened to them btw); honorable mention goes to the apartment SWAT raid scene. This is what I like to see. It's the apocalypse in its beginning stages gradually unfolding and this is how individuals and society at large is dealing with it. This is society's last days. It's much better than that post-apocalyptic garbage.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Started watching this season (10?) of Bones on amazon video. I guess this'll be the last season, based on how they're talking and the downward trend in ratings over the years.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Currently watching Harvard vs. Yale in football. Later, I'll catch up on "Blue Murder," a British detective show.

wainscottbl

Archon
Reaction score
I about banned the person above. Clicked in the wrong place. In any case about to start watching The Blacklist. And speaking of that I wish they would put Boston Legal on Netflix! James Spader is awesome in that. Oh and The Practice? Anyone remember that great show? It was the prequel to Boston Legal. James Spader started his legal career on the small practice in The Practice and when that got cancelled he had moved to a big firm there in Boston.

I am finishing up The West Wing. About finished with Season 6, the next to last season. Toby gets on my nerves because he so moody and self-righteous, but I like him still. I like President Bartlet best I think. And Donna. Donna reminds me of a woman I was in love with. She's got the angelic aura about her, like the girl did. She pairs well with Josh, too, helping temper his smug arrogance with her humble gentleness. They playfulness between them is well played, as if the obvious love between them. I am angry I was a clip on YouTube where they kiss though.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
This is probably the ultimate blasphemy, but I don't like The Walking Dead. I think it's a garbage series that hasn't added anything new or original to the undead genre. My biggest criticism with the series as well as 99.999% of zombie films and media is that they all take place after the world has been overrun and the apocalypse has unfolded. They are post-apocalyptic. IMO, I find this to be boring, lazy, and overdone. I don't want another survivalist disaster movie; I want a pre-apocalyptic film that starts at the very beginning of the zombie epidemic and shows how it gradually progresses and how society deals with it while slowly crumpling. The most intriguing part of the zombie lore is speculating how society broke down; what happened to the military and civilization? What happened to the man in the shower when the dead started rising? What happened to the kid on the school bus? What were humanity's final days like?

Most zombie lore ignores this entirely and fast forwards to the very end of the apocalypse where society has already been destroyed, the world overrun, and none of these questions have been answered. And it revolves around a bunch of boring post-apocalyptic survivors who just try to survive. Bleh. Boring and unoriginal.

My favorite zombie moment of all time was in the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead where the National Guard trucks and armed rednecks are seen patrolling the countryside and trying to maintain some semblance of order (I always wondered what happened to them btw); honorable mention goes to the apartment SWAT raid scene. This is what I like to see. It's the apocalypse in its beginning stages gradually unfolding and this is how individuals and society at large is dealing with it. This is society's last days. It's much better than that post-apocalyptic garbage.
I agree on that being a good (and probably more interesting) show/movie idea.  WWZ does this (and I shouldn't have to specify that I mean the book, not that abortion of a movie).  But I don't let it take away from the goodness that is The Perambulating Deceased. 

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
WKRP in Cincinnati

"As God as my witness. I thought turkeys could fly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:

I agree with your blasphemy.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
The Flash

I don't like Arrow because I find Ollie Queen irksome when he's the main character. But this series is pretty good. It's nice to finally see a return to live-action DC superheros who actually enjoy what they do. Doesn't quite reach the heights of glorious camp that the early 90s series did (and Geoff Johns is not the world's best dialog writer), but it's a lot better than Gotham, at least.

Also, occasionally going through Blackadder on Netflix. I don't watch much TV these days.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
My favorite episode of the first season of The Walking Dead was when they were at the CDC and they gave a bit of a background of what had gone on as the situation first started.

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
It was Beth...

The actress was on the Talking Dead after show. She broke down and cried...

She cleans up real good  btw.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Yeah, I was not especially pleased with it either. While I had a few issues with the the first half of the season (such as how quickly they escaped Terminus), overall I thought it was one of the better strings of 4+ episodes that they had done in the series. And then that 5th episode--the Abraham-focused one--I thought was the best episode they've done on the show. But the last three episodes were a let down.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm watching "North Woods Law." Waiting for the Monday night football game later.  :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I dunno, only three shows currently on TV that I watch are Major Crimes (Mondays), Walking Dead, and Bones (Thursdays). And Game of Thrones now (I'm going to catch up on DVD/BR), but I guess that airs in the Spring.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
'The Walking Dead’ Companion Series Casts Cliff Curtis as Male Lead

Cliff Curtis has been cast as the male lead in AMC”s “Walking Dead” companion series, Variety has confirmed...

“There are many corners of ‘The Walking Dead’ universe that remain unseen in the shadows. Being given the opportunity to shine a light into those corners and see what lurks out there is an absolute thrill"...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
So I started watching Game of Thrones, and I am one episode in, and I have a question. Did they explain in the first episode (or do they explain later) why Eddard Stark's family couldn't go with him? Or did I misunderstand and do they go after all?

Rambam

High Elder
Reaction score
Black Mirror ...  kind of a revamped Twilight Zone.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
So I started watching Game of Thrones, and I am one episode in, and I have a question. Did they explain in the first episode (or do they explain later) why Eddard Stark's family couldn't go with him? Or did I misunderstand and do they go after all?
Everything becomes (more) clear with time. The first episode is a bit vague as to things.

BTW, you are in for a treat.  There is a fabulous redhead in the most recent season.  Gogogo!!!

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
Everything becomes (more) clear with time. The first episode is a bit vague as to things.

BTW, you are in for a treat.  There is a fabulous redhead in the most recent season.  Gogogo!!!
Who buys it rather gloriously, too. :p

OT: The Librarians are finally here!!!

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:

Who buys it rather gloriously, too. :p

OT: The Librarians are finally here!!!
Don't spoil it!  After watching her, I finally understood why Justin likes redheads.  ;D