What TV shows are you watching?

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Arachne said:
'The Mountain and the Viper - The Denial Version' ;D
That's something that happened in Season 4? If so I'll wait till after I see the scene before watching the vid...
Don't watch it now. You won't even get it before you have watched most of season 4.

wainscottbl

Archon
Reaction score
I am tempted to start watching Breaking Bad again. Also still watching The Practice, which like every other legal drama is way too dramatic. But that is how it has to be to a degree. "To Kill a Mockingbird" with Gregory Peck would have been boring to watchers if it was not dramatic in the courtroom. The "Objection!" "Move to Strike!" stuff you see in these dramas as opposed to the more monotone, "Objection. Calls for speculation." "Objection. Hearsay." Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8iWDuNO2TE

Though this insolent witness is rather entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5a5yaTxNpA

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:

Starting watching this last night (it's on netflix) and I was very surprised how good it was once you get past the pilot episode.

I was even more impressed by the ratings it got
7.7/10-IMDb
8.4/10-TV.com
100%-Rotten Tomatoes   <-- 100% on Rotten Tomatoes is hard to get imo

Watched 8 episodes last night (45min each) I'll most likely finish the first season tonight. It's hard to find good sci-fi these days and this is good.

When nuclear Armageddon destroys civilization on Earth, the only survivors are those on the 12 international space stations in orbit at the time. Three generations later, the 4,000 survivors living on a space ark of linked stations see their resources dwindle and face draconian measures established to ensure humanity's future. Desperately looking for a solution, the ark's leaders send 100 juvenile prisoners back to the planet to test its habitability. Having always lived in space, the exiles find the planet fascinating and terrifying, but with the fate of the human race in their hands, they must forge a path into the unknown.
Sounds interesting.  Might have to catch it.

I have been watching Marco Polo on netflix.  It has it's problems, but I really like it all the same.  If you are not a fan of nudity and violence...well, there are other shows you might consider.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Peacemaker said:
My brother got me interested in this.  I love it! 
I was surprised to see a 15 year old Ellen Page in season 2! I guess she grew up in Nova Scotia.

The show is great, it's one of the first comedy "mockumentaries" and even came out before Americas version of The Office.

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score

Admittedly, I watch and love this show due to its innuendoes plus the grim setting and characters.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
sakura95 said:

Admittedly, I watch and love this show due to its innuendoes plus the grim setting and characters.
This show is awesome! I wish netflix had more than two seasons.

"I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man,
I can shake-a my fanny, I can shake-a my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-a your buns!
Punch-a your buns, I can punch all your buns!
If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!"

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sakura95 said:

My son loves it. You'll probably enjoy Gravity Falls as well - a kid version of the X Files.

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
sakura95 said:

This show is awesome! I wish netflix had more than two seasons.

"I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man,
I can shake-a my fanny, I can shake-a my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-a your buns!
Punch-a your buns, I can punch all your buns!
If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!"
I feel the urge to post the BMO Pregnant song here but it might be against Forum rules so here's the Stuff Song instead,

Finn: My hot dog's dead.
My pizza's dead.
My cupcake is dead.

Jake: Oh, um, my doughnut's dead.
My burger's dead.
My milkshake is dead.

Finn: All of our favorite foods are totally dead.
They cannot procreate in little food beds.
We'll eat them up
And turn them into stuff.

Jake: And we'll cry over their graves,
But you can't cry enough...
Together: When you miss someone you love,
You can't cry enough.

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Arachne said:
sakura95 said:

My son loves it. You'll probably enjoy Gravity Falls as well - a kid version of the X Files.
I haven't checked it out but have a friend who watches it and loves it.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
sakura95 said:
Arachne said:
sakura95 said:

I haven't checked it out but have a friend who watches it and loves it.
What I love about Adventure Time is that it's not just a kid show. It's fun for adults as well! I also love that the voice of Jake is the same guy who does Bender on Futurama

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
The other night, I finally somehow got to a state of mind that was receptive to watching Sherlock. Overall, I was happy with the way the story and characters are entirely new creations, just with points of inspiration from Conan Doyle. However, the writers certainly wanted viewers to know that they are up-to-date with what makes for contemporary TV. The multiple references to homosexuality, the pop psychology, the Drug War, the having the protagonist torture a secondary character. These things started to get just too obvious. The worst thing about the pilot was the writers' decision just to drop the mystery plot, at the end, rather than solve it. Maybe I was not as happy with the newness as I thought I was. :)

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Peacemaker said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Peacemaker said:
I was surprised to see a 15 year old Ellen Page in season 2! I guess she grew up in Nova Scotia.

The show is great, it's one of the first comedy "mockumentaries" and even came out before Americas version of The Office.
I couldn't imagine that you would enjoy this show, but the fact that you do is making me fall in love with you platonically. 

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Peacemaker said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Peacemaker said:

I couldn't imagine that you would enjoy this show, but the fact that you do is making me fall in love with you platonically. 

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Well boys, I just spent all week watching all 8 seasons of the Trailer Park Boys, including the 3 movies and the live specials...... Starting to get with-drawls now that I it's all over. At least season 9 comes out in March 2015.

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I've spent the last two days watching Gravity Falls en masse. It is the best show on Disney because they allow innuendoes and a dark and sinister tone underlying all the humor and fun that goes on.

Since it's 2015, here are some upcoming TV series I got on my watch list,

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Star Vs the Forces of Evil(Depending on reviews and whether it has stuff that older audiences can enjoy), Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Junketsu no Maria.

What upcoming TV Shows is OC Net planning to watch?

On a side note, it seems my personal style of sketching have changed after watching Gravity Falls. It became more cartoonish but I kinda like it.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
sakura95 said:
What upcoming TV Shows is OC Net planning to watch?
Major Crimes (3 more episodes this season)
Walking Dead (new episodes starting in February)
Bones (I have 2 more episodes till I'm caught up, then new episodes starting in March)
Game of Thrones (I need to see Season 4 when they release it in February, then new episodes begin in... April?)

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Just finished season 1 and 2 of Vikings. I was disappointed when finding out the version on Amazon Prime is the censored version without boobs and you can only see the unconcerned version in the UK and on Blueray. Boobs make everything better.  :laugh:

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
Just finished season 1 and 2 of Vikings. I was disappointed when finding out the version on Amazon Prime is the censored version without boobs and you can only see the unconcerned version in the UK and on Blueray. Boobs make everything better.  :laugh:
We do have a number of women who post on this forum. You may wish to show them a lot more respect than this. :mad:

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Peacemaker said:
We do have a number of women who post on this forum. You may wish to show them a lot more respect than this. :mad:
When I am speaking with them I will, I wasn't speaking to them or about them was I.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Peacemaker said:
I don't think women are the ones unnerved by breasts.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
"Trial and Retribution." I thought they were going to take it off Acorn TV, but they're not. In fact, they now have the first five seasons, not just the first two. Going to be a busy weekend, other than work and church! :)

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Game of Thrones, it's right around the corner. The Walking Dead and Vikings start back up as well!

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Peacemaker said:
I thought he was writing about me! And I'm not a woman!

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
The other night, I finally somehow got to a state of mind that was receptive to watching Sherlock. Overall, I was happy with the way the story and characters are entirely new creations, just with points of inspiration from Conan Doyle. However, the writers certainly wanted viewers to know that they are up-to-date with what makes for contemporary TV. The multiple references to homosexuality, the pop psychology, the Drug War, the having the protagonist torture a secondary character. These things started to get just too obvious. The worst thing about the pilot was the writers' decision just to drop the mystery plot, at the end, rather than solve it. Maybe I was not as happy with the newness as I thought I was. :)
For some reason, I've kept watching this, and while the writers have yet to show they can compose a tight plot (or sometimes even a closed one) -- something unforgivable when one is emulating Conan Doyle -- and while the show overall continues to impress most at its ability to stay atop a tightrope between quality and stupidity, I haven't given up yet.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Porter ODoran said:
For some reason, I've kept watching this, and while the writers have yet to show they can compose a tight plot (or sometimes even a closed one) -- something unforgivable when one is emulating Conan Doyle -- and while the show overall continues to impress most at its ability to stay atop a tightrope between quality and stupidity, I haven't given up yet.
I am curious if you find the most egregious error and sin of the series. I believe it occurs in the second season.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Porter ODoran said:
Porter ODoran said:
I am curious if you find the most egregious error and sin of the series. I believe it occurs in the second season.
I am curious if you think that, godlike, your finding something "the most ..." then makes it so? But I'd be interested in your discussion and opinion. In my opinion the show's filled with enough sins that detailing them would be tedious. The threatening to shoot the plastic explosives at the Moriarty encounter -- that is, the Series One cliffhanger -- which could have had at least one thrilling good reason, being left without explanation when the encounter resumes with Series Two is an egregious example -- but then the whole encounter was a mistake, and then there are so many, many more.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Porter ODoran said:
Oh points for replying to yourself. And your last subordinate clause sums up the train wreck well. Points also for the run on. Hemingway ruined American, glad you are among those rehabilitating it.