What TV shows are you watching?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Watching Dexter on Netflix again. I'm at the beginning of the 8th season and trying to not think about that sad, horrible, terrible, crapfest of a series finale.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I got rid of cable tv maybe 16 months ago, so I have to use Netflix and Amazon to watch shows. Well I hadn't realised that the new Game of Thrones episodes wouldn't be available through those places. When I learnt of this this morning I was blind with rage and nauseous with despair. Woe was me. Thankfully the problem was solved (I think) when I told Comcast to modify the services I have, adding HBO and the networks for like $5-7 more than I was already paying, which is cheaper than if I had bought the episodes on Amazon. So all's well that ends well. End story.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
I got rid of cable tv maybe 16 months ago, so I have to use Netflix and Amazon to watch shows. Well I hadn't realised that the new Game of Thrones episodes wouldn't be available through those places. When I learnt of this this morning I was blind with rage and nauseous with despair. Woe was me. Thankfully the problem was solved (I think) when I told Comcast to modify the services I have, adding HBO and the networks for like $5-7 more than I was already paying, which is cheaper than if I had bought the episodes on Amazon. So all's well that ends well. End story.
A. HBO is starting a direct streaming service
B. For those less inclined to pay for services, Couchtuner.eu is a fantastic site. Just sayin'. If you do use it, make sure you have adblock software on, otherwise, it bombards you with ads.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Isn't the streaming service only available on apple devices for a few months though? Or, the new one anyway? HBO now vs. HBO go, not sure which us which. I tried going through HBO this morning though, but with no success. Anyway, I should be good now.... . . . hopefully!

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
I have gotten hooked to Fox's The Following.. It seems like an amalgam of different tv show and movie plot lines from the past twenty years or so. In the episode today, i saw something very reminiscent of a plot line from The Terminator.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Man, they sure made it difficult for me. All I wanted to watch was one darn episode of GoT. Besides other problems I ran into since my last post, apparently Xfinity doesn't support watching HBO GO on a PS3... wait, wat? Or something like that? I'm still not sure what exactly that was all about. I finally had to dig out of a box in the closet an old Roku to get things set up. Ahh well... anyway, so I did finally get things resolved and saw the episode from this past Sunday. I guess the biggest question for the season is: will Brienne of Tarth discover the amazing wonders of having sex with Podrick? Time will tell...

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Man, they sure made it difficult for me. All I wanted to watch was one darn episode of GoT. Besides other problems I ran into since my last post, apparently Xfinity doesn't support watching HBO GO on a PS3... wait, wat? Or something like that? I'm still not sure what exactly that was all about. I finally had to dig out of a box in the closet an old Roku to get things set up. Ahh well... anyway, so I did finally get things resolved and saw the episode from this past Sunday. I guess the biggest question for the season is: will Brienne of Tarth discover the amazing wonders of having sex with Podrick? Time will tell...
"Ser?"

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not to schadenfreude on anyone... but gorging on the four leaked GoT episodes actually feels great. :angel:

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Americans season finali

Paige told her "Pastor" her parents are Russians ( and liars)... She didnt say spies. Leaves some room to move.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Squeeing so hard about the most recent episode of Flash. Grodd has been worth the wait!

The next episode is going to be even better!

Here's a spoilerific deleted scene for those who didn't know about it. http://www.eonline.com/videos/235047/watch-the-huge-reveal-on-the-flash

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The first episode of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell had me grinning madly. ;D

Also, very much looking forward to the entire Librarian franchise (all 3 movies + season 1 show) over the upcoming long weekend.

Echa

Reaction score
GTST (Goede tijden slechte tijden lol), CSI (New York preferably), bones.

But most of the time i only switch channels between natgeo channel and TLC

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I've been watching some of Sir David Attenborough's nature shows, especially one about birds.

He knows everything.  :eek:

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Watched the Season Finale of the Flash last night. Very awesome.

I might watch some Star Trek or Blackadder later.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Game of Thrones
Silicon Valley
Veep
Bones
Hells Kitchen
Last Week Tonight

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
coptic orthodox boy said:
Excellent TV Series.
I am missing Season 3, and it, besides Deadwood, are the only two, oh, plus The Sopranos, I would own.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fabio Leite said:
Started watching Once Upon a Time. Reminds me of Changeling: The Dreaming games...
If you like it, make sure you watch the one-season spinoff, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. :)

After the long weekend Librarians marathon, we're back to business as usual: Game of Thrones - Penny Dreadful - Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Is The Leftovers worth watching? Our local public broadcasting company started to stream it online for free.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Fabio Leite said:
Started watching Once Upon a Time. Reminds me of Changeling: The Dreaming games...
If you like it, make sure you watch the one-season spinoff, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. :)
Both are utter garbage which could not be written or enjoyed by anyone who actually spent any time reading fairy tale literature.

After the long weekend Librarians marathon, we're back to business as usual: Game of Thrones - Penny Dreadful - Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.
Penny Dreadful is actually pretty good. It's kind of like if the show Supernatural were written by people who actually read books.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
AccuWeather. It has what Weather Channel used to have - all weather, all the time. And it reports on all the United States. When a commercial comes on, they still have the weather on in a frame of half the screen.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why the constant joking on VEEP about Jonah being tall is supposed to be funny?

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
LenInSebastopol said:
Excellent TV Series.
I am missing Season 3, and it, besides Deadwood, are the only two, oh, plus The Sopranos, I would own.

I guess I need to force myself to watch a few episodes of The Wire. I've tried to begin it two or three times, and it just didn't ring authentic to me. But maybe I just need to give it time to evolve. But I love The Sopranos. I think it's brilliant on every level.

Selam

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
LenInSebastopol said:
Excellent TV Series.

I guess I need to force myself to watch a few episodes of The Wire. I've tried to begin it two or three times, and it just didn't ring authentic to me. But maybe I just need to give it time to evolve. But I love The Sopranos. I think it's brilliant on every level.

Selam
Gebre Menfes Kidus

Watched the first few episodes 2 or 3 times until a buddy of mine, who owns the entire series, let me borrow it.  Just finished season 4.  I had heard good reviews of the series but just couldn't get into it at first.  After watching Breaking Bad, and hearing many compare the two shows (as to which one was better) I decided to force myself to watch The Wire in its entirety. 
Season 1 is slow but gets pretty good as the season progresses
Season 2 was a snoozer for me, the emphasis on the Polack docks was a bit boring to me and the actor playing Ziggy was meh.
Season 3 was pretty good
Season 4 was my favorite season so far
Still, prefer Breaking Bad to The Wire but both are quite good.  Will try to finish season 5 by the end of the week.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
LenInSebastopol said:
Excellent TV Series.

Selam
Yeah, Coptic O Boy has a fair taking on The Wire....parts go slowly as I found the first season to be a bit, stick it out and see that they all tie together as it does pick up and continuity maintained throughout. Michael Williams, the character playing Omar (amoral evil)  was amazing though not developed until later, he was my favorite and almost as good as Idris Elba (purposed evil).

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
LenInSebastopol said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
LenInSebastopol said:
Excellent TV Series.

Selam
Yeah, Coptic O Boy has a fair taking on The Wire....parts go slowly as I found the first season to be a bit, stick it out and see that they all tie together as it does pick up and continuity maintained throughout. Michael Williams, the character playing Omar (amoral evil)  was amazing though not developed until later, he was my favorite and almost as good as Idris Elba (purposed evil).
Yeah Omar is great.  Favorite cop is Lester Freamon, same goals overall as Mcnulty but just so much more likable (at least for me).