What TV shows are you watching?

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
I love Vikings, I am pumped for Game of Thrones, I am done with The Walking Dead.
I saw lots of people complaining about TWD finale last night. I am trying so hard to not read any of the complaints because I haven't watched it yet.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Asteriktos said:
Lost

My first time watching the series. I seem to remember hearing something about a bad ending, but I'm not going to look ahead. I just keep telling myself: if I can survive the Dexter finale, I can survive this.
Fantastic series. Try not to be too disappointed by the ending.
scamandrius said:
I was.  It still  makes me mad to this day.  the only ending that was more maddening was how they ended "The Sopranos."
I thought it was great all the way through. Even loved the ending... or... liked, I guess. That finale really should have just been an hour or hour-and-fifteen though, as there was too much filler. I didn't really feel at all criticisms I've seen others make, like that they lost their direction, that they could have ended it 3 seasons sooner, that they didn't answer enough, and so on. Maybe it's because I binge-watched it, or because I love surreal fiction like that.

Eruvande

High Elder
Reaction score
I keep not watching firefly. I've seen Serenity, and I have Firefly on DVD, but I've only ever seen the first episode. I don't watch the reruns because I keep telling myself I've got it on DVD, and never get round to watching. This puts me out. Still, I know enough to get the Firefly references on Castle.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Firefly is alright. If it had run longer it might have been brilliant. As it is, I enjoy Farscape a lot more.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Vinyl, Season I pr binge watching do to ailment.
Found the last episode dialogue rather poignant, "...there will always be messed up teens, dishearten, lonely, down, lost and THIS music (raw Rock n' Roll) will speak to them, lift them, give their lives meaning, purpose and a chance to see they're not alone....."

Worth having to suffer the language of the series....other good dialogue in spots as well.
If you've 10 hours of having to lay down and can put up with the degradation of how low  we humans can sink to, I'd give it a B grade.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
LenInSebastopol said:
Found the last episode dialogue rather poignant, "...there will always be messed up teens, dishearten, lonely, down, lost and THIS music (raw Rock n' Roll) will speak to them, lift them, give their lives meaning, purpose and a chance to see they're not alone....."

Worth having to suffer the language of the series....other good dialogue in spots as well.
If you've 10 hours of having to lay down and can put up with the degradation of how low  we humans can sink to, I'd give it a B grade.
I've heard good things about it. Where can I find it?

Selam

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
LenInSebastopol said:

Selam
On HBO, but a while from now, probably Netflix.
When you watch it, make sure the kids are out or asleep.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
LenInSebastopol said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
LenInSebastopol said:

Selam
On HBO, but a while from now, probably Netflix.
When you watch it, make sure the kids are out or asleep.
Will do. We don't get HBO. I hope it becomes available on Netflix or Amazon prime. Thanks for the recommendation.

Selam

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Legends of Tomorrow. Because it was about time DC did something to counter Marvel.
I really wanted to keep loving The Flash but I gave up on it when they repeated the "superheroes have to lie to their loved ones" thing from last season. I might give LoT a chance, though. Maybe it's better. I do like what they did with Ray Palmer and Prof. Stein in the other shows.

Arrow
and Supergirl never really interested me for some reason.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Eruvande said:
Reruns of Phineas and Ferb.
They never get old. Ever. With a 7-year-old and access to Disney Channel, they're in pretty heavy rotation, and none of the adults of the house is even remotely fed up with them yet.

Eruvande

High Elder
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Eruvande said:
Reruns of Phineas and Ferb.
They never get old. Ever. With a 7-year-old and access to Disney Channel, they're in pretty heavy rotation, and none of the adults of the house is even remotely fed up with them yet.
Nope. In fact its not unusual to find myself the only person in the room still watching and singing along to Perry's theme tune.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Wagon Train
God all over the program!
Jewish man attempts to adopt boy from mother filled with hatred.
Program showed the Jewish man praying (3/4 back to camera, wearing prayer shawl)
Man speaking God-talk to the boy when the wounded cougar attacks and kills the man.
Talking "knowledge of God connects all things", blah, blah, new age-y kind of Kabbalah-type stuff when the cougar attacks.
Man is buried, a little more generic God-talk, the folks pray over his grave, leaving the shawl at the site!
Amazing! Dumbfounded and awed.....made 1960!

Only saw the last 20 minutes per Giants WINNING game, 13th inning.
Never saw program in my life....should find and watch....given time.
Amazing!

truthseeker32

High Elder
Reaction score
Just started watching Blue Bloods on Netflix. I have always liked police shows, and the family dynamic adds an interesting element.

byhisgrace

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
byhisgrace said:
Better Call Saul
I'm waiting for season two to be available online so I can binge watch it. First season was quite entertaining.

Selam
Same here. :)

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Comfortably settled into Penny Dreadful bliss. It's a bit too sunny - I wish it had started earlier - but I'm still better with my fix than without.

Cyprian700

Reaction score
Re-runs of the Monica Lewinsky interview with Barbara Walters.

20/20 Monica Lewinsky Interview ( March 3, 1999 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB2_HKREoVo

Also, Bill Clinton At The White House Correspondents Dinner, 1996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn3QxQD_Wy4

I find it particularly interesting that at 2 minutes in, Bill Clinton tells a joke about a cigar humidor, and immediately the camera cuts to a woman in a blue dress, just like the fairy tale of Monica, the cigar, and the blue dress.

This White House Correspondents Dinner where Clinton makes the cigar joke was on May 4, 1996, and May 4 is the feast of St. Monica.  May 4, 1996 was over 20 months before the Monica-Clinton affair scandal broke, and more than 9 months before the blue dress incident.

Also the TV series Friends, because I just can't get enough of the character Monica on the show. 

After all, the Monica character on Friends is a brunette and Jewish, just like Monica Lewinsky, and she struggled with being overweight when she was younger, just like Monica Lewinsky was teased about her weight before she went on a weight loss program. 

Monica Geller dates a much older man on the show (Thomas "Tom" Selleck) just like Monica Lewinsky purportedly "dated" the much older Bill Clinton, and Lewinsky claimed in her interview with Barbara Walters that she (supposedly) had an affair with an older married man named "Thomas" at the Pentagon at the same time she was (supposedly) involved with Bill Clinton.

Tom Selleck and Monica Geller liked cigars on the show, just like Bill Clinton and Monica purportedly enjoyed cigars together. 

Then there was the Friends prom episode, where overweight Monica thinks she got mayonaise on Rachel's blue dress, just like Bill Clinton spilled mayonaise on Monica Lewinsky's blue dress.

Then there is the Friends episode where Monica wears a black beret just like Monica Lewinsky.

Of course, Monica has an Excelsior poster in her apartment, and Excelsior is a poem in Walt Whitman's book Leaves of Grass, the very book that Clinton gave Lewinsky on February 28, 1997, the night of the infamous blue dress incident.

Who was not thrilled to see Monica and Chandler Bing get together on Friends?  I mean after all, actor Matthew Perry shares the exact same birthday as Bill Clinton, August 19, so it was just destiny that Monica and Chandler would end up together!

Isn't it wonderful that Monica's apartment on Friends is in Greenwich Village at the corner of Grove and Bedford Streets, and Monica Lewinsky moved to Christopher Street, just one street over?  Isn't life filled with such interesting coincidences!

Monica Takes Manhattan
Monica Lewinsky came to New York in search of a second act. And so far, she's made a better go of it than, say, Bill Clinton.
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/features/4481/

"When reporters prowled Christopher Street in search of Monica's new home, her neighbors protectively directed them the wrong way. "

Google Maps: Bedford St & Grove St, New York, NY 10014
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bedford+St+%26+Grove+St,+New+York,+NY+10014/@40.7324601,-74.0054566,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c25993473000bb:0x2cf4d0ad4dfac07f!8m2!3d40.7324601!4d-74.0054566

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
What, nothing about how Chandler is a gay antichrist? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CYPRIAN?

Cyprian700

Reaction score
All the main actors on Friends are involved in homosexuality/lesbianism, not just Chandler.  The TV show Friends was created by homosexual Jews, and they selected the actors and themes of the show accordingly.

David Crane
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Crane_(producer)

David Crane (born August 13, 1957) is an American writer and producer. He is one of the creators of the television sitcom Friends, along with his longtime friend Marta Kauffman.

He and his life partner, Jeffrey Klarik (also a producer of Mad About You), created the 2006 ensemble sitcom The Class.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
You may be shocked to hear this, but having grown up in Queens, I know for a fact there were gay people and Jewish people in Manhattan before someone made a show about it.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
All of cyprian700's talk of Friends and Monica Lewinsky has me checking my calendar for the current year.

Cyprian700

Reaction score
The diabolical liars in the press are the ones who are dredging up Bill Clinton's faked/orchestrated/staged sexual scandals in the news every day, in connection with this year's presidential election.  Illuminati agent and effeminate Donald "Duck" Trump, who constantly and repetitively flashes the 666 hand sign, is the one who has been instructed to bring up these old fairy tales about Clinton's supposed sexual crimes with women.

Furthermore, it most certainly still is relevant, since:

A) it is demonstrable proof that a nexus has been formed between the government/press/Hollywood, who all cooperate and conspire to engage in ritual attacks against the masses, in this case, at a minimum of a psychological trauma/propagandist nature—for the time being.  Mass-murder is also a component in the Monica Lewinsky psy-op.

B)  the faked/staged Monica Lewinsky affair with Bill Clinton is very much about upcoming murderous attacks by the Illuminati which have yet to take place.  The Illuminati regards their ritually public spectacles and psy-ops as  prophecies, which will be self-fulfilled by them at a later date.

They chose a young woman named Monica for their staged affair psy-op, in part, because St. Monica is the patron of the victims of adultery—how fitting!  Also, she is oftentimes depicted in iconography wearing a blue robe.  Hence, Monica and the blue dress.

see for yourself:

Saint Monica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Monica

Patronage: Difficult marriages, disappointing children, victims of adultery or unfaithfulness, victims of (verbal) abuse, and conversion of relatives ...

Cyprian700

Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
Cyprian700, what's your favourite How I Met Your Mother character? I like Marshall.
Hollywood is utterly depraved and diabolical.  "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

I hate and despise Hollywood, as all discerning Christians should, and I have no favorite shows or characters.  Every Hollywood production is laced with evil. Bar none.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
biro said:
You may be shocked to hear this, but having grown up in Queens, I know for a fact there were gay people and Jewish people in Manhattan before someone made a show about it.
Try San Francisco in the 1950's. 
Didn't care then and wish I was forced not to try and care now as well.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Cyprian700 said:
RaphaCam said:
Cyprian700, what's your favourite How I Met Your Mother character? I like Marshall.
Hollywood is utterly depraved and diabolical.  "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

I hate and despise Hollywood, as all discerning Christians should, and I have no favorite shows or characters.  Every Hollywood production is laced with evil. Bar none.
Isn't this particular quote referring to you and me as well?

Is there any secular movie or series you're into?

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Cyprian700 said:
RaphaCam said:

In the good ol' days of Rome (around empire height) actors were despised and near the bottom of the social rung, as they were considered unmanly with their career designated to be unworthy.
You Roman? or just like the Tradition?

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Watching all the wonderful coverage of Muhammad Ali. Sometimes the media actually does good work. From ESPN to CNN to FOX News, everyone is doing Ali justice and offering worthwhile and honest insights on the life and legacy of The Greatest. I keep breaking down in tears. Along with Dr. MLK, Ali has been my hero from the earliest days of childhood.

Muhammad Ali: Memory Eternal! +++

Selam

Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Watching all the wonderful coverage of Muhammad Ali. Sometimes the media actually does good work. From ESPN to CNN to FOX News, everyone is doing Ali justice and offering worthwhile and honest insights on the life and legacy of The Greatest. I keep breaking down in tears. Along with Dr. MLK, Ali has been my hero from the earliest days of childhood.

Selam
I am watching about him in national tv now

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
National news got over Prince quickly.  I wonder who's next.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:

Selam
You are not alone, Brother.
He was The Greatest in so many ways.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A friend got me into Person of Interest through talking over the finale. There goes summer break.