What TV shows are you watching?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Watching bits of Mr. Show and some stand up routines and interviews of David Cross. Kinda let down tbh.

Saxon

Elder
Reaction score
The Walking Dead has always been heavy on filler (entire episodes about unimportant/unpopular side characters; long scenes featuring people walking around, doing menial tasks, or having over-acted, scripted philosophical conversations, all overlaid with atmospheric music; unnecessarily long story segments, etc.) to draw out a storyline that could be settled in a couple of episodes into an entire season. However, this season is that on steroids, with the past three episodes in particular being downright pointless and redundant. You can already see the monumental confrontation coming with Negan, which will end in a cliffhanger at the mid-season break to be (more or less) resolved at the end of the season. And then it goes back into the formulaic cliche of "meet another group of survivors; they're evil; they try to kill or subjugate us; we prevail against the odds in the end", rinse, wash, and repeat.

It may have worked for previous seasons, but I'm seeing far more rumblings about the repetitiveness and ridiculous helpings of filler that this show is dishing out, banking on its reputation alone continuing to pull in viewers. It won't last much longer at this rate.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is not exactly watching since I have been cooking (since early this morning) but it is coming out of my TV through Roku. I was listening to The Anchor on the OCN channel. Now I am mostly listening to the Webellydance Roku channel. From what I have seen, I do like Viktoriia Krutskikh and will come back to her in the future.

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Columbo Season 2, Episode 3, "The Most Crucial Game". A bunch of actors that I recognize but cannot remember the names of.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Storyteller, in honour of Sir John Hurt.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Obviously, since the show segments on Fox News keep coming.

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
The final season of Samurai Jack is coming 11 March. Hope it won't end up like the Powerpuff Girls reboot.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
He did quite a job when playing Caligula in I Claudius.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gamliel said:
Arachne said:
He did quite a job when playing Caligula in I Claudius.
I know, but that's not kid-friendly. Young one grumbled enough, as it was, over the stories (Grimm ones, mostly) being sad.

I went through the full run of Children of the Stones on YouTube, smiling to myself at young Kate Winslet breaking out, but I won't be showing it to the young one either, for a few years. The mister said it scared the daylights out of him when he was 12, and he's no wimp.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I almost gave up on TWD, but the mid-season premiere, while very flawed, was enough to keep me going. A lot of the flaws at this point are just huge plot holes that could be avoided. I also think they need to make certain things more clear, as a lot of people are missing some of the best bits they're doing, such as the character arc of Carol, with people thinking that she just suddenly flipped and is now doing things out of character, when they've actually been laying the groundwork for it for several seasons now.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Roman Empire: Reign of Blood - 6 part Netflix docudrama on Emperor Commodus. Some people on IMDB are pointing out the historical inaccuracies/anachronisms and saying it's horrible, but I think it's mostly fine.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I really don't mind historical inaccuracies if the changes have artistic merit.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
My main problem with it is that they used a bunch of recycled material for establishing/transition shots that looked like it was 1990s SD History Channel stuff. So they'd cut from HD live action to this SD stuff with CGI birds flying in the background to make it look less static, then back to more HD live action, and it was really jarring.

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
WPM said:
Obviously, since the show segments on Fox News keep coming.
I like it when they report about what happened on twitter.

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Bates Motel and The Americans... finally.

I think I'm nearly through "Elementary" (with Lucy Liu), but I've also been revisiting the classic "Columbo" series (on CozyTV). It's always the craziest guest starts. Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, the Hispanic guy from Fantasy Island, Dick Van Dyke, Johnnie Cash...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Better Call Saul, VEEP, and Silicon Valley are back in April...

copticorthodoxboy

High Elder
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Just binge watched season 2 yesterday on netflix.  Was a bit lackluster (good but was expecting more action).  Looking forward to season 3.  I know Jimmy is slipping but Chuck is such a turd.  Gustavo in the background there, very interesting.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Catching up on Sleepy Hollow, Legends of Tomorrow and Once Upon a Time, in anticipation of new DW and GoT.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Just finished binge watching season 2 of Better Call Saul. Good stuff. I hope they can make a third season that stays the course. Bob Odenkirk has the chops to keep it going strong as long as they keep this a character driven show. And the supporting cast is strong as well. Good story that has thus far remained plausible. And no ham fisted political agenda either. The question is can they keep it that way?

Selam

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Iron Fist.

Not perfect, but aside from the first three episodes needing tighter editing, better than whatever the critics were dishing about it.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Debating whether to binge watch S2 of Better Call Saul before the new season starts on Monday night...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
About to watch the first episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
biro said:
Asteriktos said:
About to watch the first episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return...
I just got Netflix again so I could watch that too. :)
I've been liking it so far, how's it going for you?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Asteriktos said:
Debating whether to binge watch S2 of Better Call Saul before the new season starts on Monday night...
Good stuff!

Selam
I ended up watching it beforehand, and am glad I did as I had forgotten a good bit of what was going on.

Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Party of Five on Netflix. I am not proud of myself.

Selam
Aha aha! Didn't you watch it in the 90s?

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Asteriktos said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Asteriktos said:
Good stuff!

Selam
I ended up watching it beforehand, and am glad I did as I had forgotten a good bit of what was going on.
Yeah, I re-watched season one before binge watching season two. I hope they keep it going strong. Bob Odenkirk is a great actor.

Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Party of Five on Netflix. I am not proud of myself.

Selam
Asteriktos said:
Aha aha! Didn't you watch it in the 90s?
Actually I didn't. But when I was substitute teaching around '98-'99 all these kids kept telling me that I looked like Charlie from Party of Five. I had no interest in watching some cheesy teen drama. But somehow or another I caught some reruns a few years later. I confess that I was intrigued. Sadly. Now I'm binge watching season one on Netflix. I can't stop myself.

Selam