• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

What's all this I hear about "Christmas wars" in the US?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Fwiw, when I've been in Jewish chatrooms, I've heard the people teaching lessons say that no prophecy (not a single one) was fulfilled by Jesus. I suppose it would be difficult to prove the Christian claims if the people you were trying to convince didn't accept the authority of the New Testament. It raises an interesting question as to how exactly you could dialogue with a member of Judaism and convince them that Christianity is correct (assuming that it is correct).

Bogoliubtsy

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Other
Jurisdiction
Other
Asteriktos said:
Fwiw, when I've been in Jewish chatrooms, I've heard the people teaching lessons say that no prophecy (not a single one) was fulfilled by Jesus. I suppose it would be difficult to prove the Christian claims if the people you were trying to convince didn't accept the authority of the New Testament. It raises an interesting question as to how exactly you could dialogue with a member of Judaism and convince them that Christianity is correct (assuming that it is correct).
I think Christ already laid the groundwork for that dialogue. ;)

Timos

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
O.C.
George, "meokhia" was the worst. My parents were born in Alex too. I remember my mom making it for us...it was even worse after you put it in the fridge for the night for the next days meal. It would always have a layer of lard on the top of it and it made the whole house reek of something similar to "boiled grass with garlic". I also hate the okra beans- so spiky. it was like chooing off a guys beard . I like the fassolatha though especially with the bits of tender meat and rice mixed inside with the tomato dressing on the botoom.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Timos said:
I also hate the okra beans- so spiky. it was like chooing off a guys beard .
That is a pretty horrifying image about a food.  Thank goodness I've never had that experience when at a Greek Restaraunt.  Good golly!

Ebor

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
Just read this entire thread and I'm still puzzled by the whole "snickerdoodle" thing.  I'm with Timos and George.  Anyone care to mail me some remnants?  ;) :D

donkeyhotay

Reaction score
SouthSerb99 said:
Just read this entire thread and I'm still puzzled by the whole "snickerdoodle" thing.
Snickerdoodles are great with hot chocolate. 

Unfortunately, as I am now diabetic, my snickerdoodle consumption is quite limited.

BTW, those of you who are familiar with snickerdoodles, try adding some anise to your recipe for something really unique.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I must disagree with the Snickerdoodle recipe as given.  You don't just 'dust' the cookies with cinammon.  After the dough is made, you form the cookies by making balls/nuggets of the dough (which is flavoured with vanilla, though the anise is intriguing).  You then roll the ball of dough in cinammon-sugar, put it on a cookie sheet and lightly flatten it a bit with the bottom of a cup or glass or the like. 

We'd have to make a fresh batch to take pity on the lack of snickerdoodle-tude wth SS and Ozgeorge and Timos, I'm afraid. They're a favourite around here as gifts to teachers and neighbors and family.

Ebor

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
Ebor said:
I must disagree with the Snickerdoodle recipe as given. You don't just 'dust' the cookies with cinammon. After the dough is made, you form the cookies by making balls/nuggets of the dough (which is flavoured with vanilla, though the anise is intriguing). You then roll the ball of dough in cinammon-sugar, put it on a cookie sheet and lightly flatten it a bit with the bottom of a cup or glass or the like.ÂÂ

We'd have to make a fresh batch to take pity on the lack of snickerdoodle-tude wth SS and Ozgeorge and Timos, I'm afraid. They're a favourite around here as gifts to teachers and neighbors and family.

Ebor
They make you skinny right?

Just say yes, as I'm a little chubby this time of year.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
SouthSerb99 said:
They make you skinny right?

Just say yes, as I'm a little chubby this time of year.
I am torn between "Betcha can't sat just one".  "Try it, you'll like it". and just a sympathetic look.  :)

When something has a cup of butter along with plain and cinammon sugar, the skinny-tude just isn't likely.

Ebor

Elisha

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Ebor said:
I must disagree with the Snickerdoodle recipe as given. You don't just 'dust' the cookies with cinammon. After the dough is made, you form the cookies by making balls/nuggets of the dough (which is flavoured with vanilla, though the anise is intriguing). You then roll the ball of dough in cinammon-sugar, put it on a cookie sheet and lightly flatten it a bit with the bottom of a cup or glass or the like.ÂÂ

Ebor
Ebor's right - the cinnamon and sugar must be infused with the dough.  No "dusting" allowed.