What's everyone listening to?

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
orthonorm said:
Schultz said:
I'm currently listening to a terrible demo from a friend's first hardcore band from the 90s that he recently had transferred from tape to digital.  He asked me to play it on my podcast. 

I can't do it.  The songs aren't half bad, but the recording itself is atrocious...some of the worst basement recording I've ever heard. *shudder*
You have a podcast? What is the subject matter?
Sent you a PM.  Even I won't shamelessly self promote in public on here ;)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Schultz said:
orthonorm said:
Schultz said:
I'm currently listening to a terrible demo from a friend's first hardcore band from the 90s that he recently had transferred from tape to digital.  He asked me to play it on my podcast. 

I can't do it.  The songs aren't half bad, but the recording itself is atrocious...some of the worst basement recording I've ever heard. *shudder*
You have a podcast? What is the subject matter?
...I won't shamelessly self promote in public on here...
???  ¿You sure you belong here?  ???

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Por thupuesto tu quiereth hablar tholo en cathtellano  ::)

:p

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I thought that Castellano had the lisp-y S? Maybe I'm wrong.

And I should have said "Cathtellyano," because I think the "ll" is actually pronounced in Spain.

My teachers were Cuban and Mexican, soooo.....they gave me a whack on the head whenever I used "vosotros," beating that out of me pretty quickly.

To put it back more on topic, Shabb Khaled's Aisha - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2DPa1eGMpo Beautiful.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I thought that Castellano had the lisp-y S? Maybe I'm wrong.

And I should have said "Cathtellyano," because I think the "ll" is actually pronounced in Spain.

My teachers were Cuban and Mexican, soooo.....they gave me a whack on the head whenever I used "vosotros," beating that out of me pretty quickly.

To put it back more on topic, Shabb Khaled's Aisha - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2DPa1eGMpo Beautiful.
Castellano or Castilian is the non-nationalistic way of calling the language you call Spanish. English speakers will call what you are referring to as Castilian.

When view "snobbery" DVDs with various subtitles, opera for example, rarely is español an option but rather the more worldly and PC castellano.

More useless trivia this board contains.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I watch foreign films and I have never seen the Castellano option for subtitles.  ??? But I own a grand total of 25 films (99% foreign films), so my point is probably invalid.

I thought that Castilian was a Spanish regional dialect. Mehhhhh.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
I remember my middle school had a Bible quiz boardgame and it said on the box, "The Game Where Trivia is not Trivial."

They also had a Christian Monopoly imitation called "The Richest Christian" with cards like, "Your godly grandfather goes home to be with the Lord and leaves you 1 Million dollars."

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I watch foreign films and I have never seen the Castellano option for subtitles.  ??? But I own a grand total of 25 films (99% foreign films), so my point is probably invalid.

I thought that Castilian was a Spanish regional dialect. Mehhhhh.
Everyone is correct. As it is a fluid term. But if you talking to an uptight PC non-Spanish Spanish speaker, you might hear about it.

Don't worry I almost punched out a Canadian for telling me I wasn't an American but a United Stateser, because everyone in the Americas is American.

I thought he was joking. He wasn't.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
LOL, Volnutt  :D

I was baby-sitting a church member's son a few years ago, and we played a Christian board game. On the box it said "NO ONE LOSES!"

I was like.....what's the point?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
orthonorm said:
I remember my middle school had a Bible quiz boardgame and it said on the box, "The Game Where Trivia is not Trivial."

They also had a Christian Monopoly imitation called "The Richest Christian" with cards like, "Your godly grandfather goes home to be with the Lord and leaves you 1 Million dollars."
All I know is that a buncha people I know go to bars to compete in "trivia". I want to go one day and hope they ask where the word trivia comes from.

Papist would self reflexively bodily function himself.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
:laugh: Sounds like some of the games you find in public schools, where everyone gets a medal so no kid feels "left out" by losing.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Volnutt said:
orthonorm said:

All I know is that a buncha people I know go to bars to compete in "trivia". I want to go one day and hope they ask where the word trivia comes from.
I don't think they get it. It doesn't have anything to with Baywatch and football.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Everyone I know who goes to those bar trivia nights watches Jersey Shore unironically.

I think I would have a lot of fun at those, though, if you put enough lambic in me (I.E. two glasses). I'm a great **** talker for anything from ping-pong to Scrabble.