What's everyone listening to?

Orthodox Bagpiper

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Speaking of the killers, I just read in the latest Rolling Stone magazine that Brandon Flowers (the killers singer) is a devout Mormon. For some reason, this creeped me out. I guess the Mormons have the Osmans, Napoleon Dynamite and the killers as a claim to fame.  :D

EofK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Bono Vox said:
Speaking of the killers, I just read in the latest Rolling Stone magazine that Brandon Flowers (the killers singer) is a devout Mormon. For some reason, this creeped me out. I guess the Mormons have the Osmans, Napoleon Dynamite and the killers as a claim to fame.  :D
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Jon Heder would be Mormon.  The Killers, though?  Wow.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Bono Vox said:
Why should it creep you out?  I don't think any of those people are particularly talented so maybe that says something about the creative talent of the Mormon pool.  ;) 

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Bono Vox said:
Speaking of the killers, I just read in the latest Rolling Stone magazine
Mistake #1: Reading Rolling Stone.

that Brandon Flowers (the killers singer) is a devout Mormon.
Mistake #2: "killers" should be written "Killers'."

For some reason, this creeped me out.
Mistake #3: Paying attention to celebrities' religion.

I guess the Mormons have the Osmans, Napoleon Dynamite and the killers as a claim to fame.  :D
Mistake #4: Their name is the Osmonds.

So why be so judgmental of others?

Aristocles

Merarches
Reaction score
Listening to today?
Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 2

(Must inoculate myself profusely before work tonight where I'll get 12 straight hour of LOUD "hip-hop" (ugh). Wearing ear plugs - doesn't help.

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hollywood Undead's Swan Songs. I used to be unable to stand pop music in general, but I must confess I've come around to it and quite enjoy 'hip-hop' now. I'd post the lyrics, but it would probably get me banned. ;)

If you give it a fair chance and allow yourself to embrace modern American popular culture, you'll find out you quite enjoy it. Not that it should be to the exclusion of Classical Music, especially from the Romantic era, such as Rachmaninoff...but it can be appreciated in its own way.

nicholas1870

Reaction score
Quite a bit of Rachmaninov (The Bells, Symphonic Dances), Vaughan Williams and John Tavener. I must try and hunt out some music by Arvo Pärt who I've heard recommended here. Tavener seems to get a bit more minimalistic with each new composition.

Often when I'm drawing or painting I listen to a fair bit of "Boards of Canada" and "Biosphere". 

Heorhij

Merarches
Reaction score
Columbus, MS, USA (Originally from Ukraine)
Website
www.muw.edu
Αριστοκλής said:
Listening to today?
Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 2
Sergei Rachmaninoff is one of my all-time favorite composers, and I love his Concerto 2 (and also 3). Here are some pretty good performances:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/386071/rachmaninoff_piano_concerto_n_2/

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/horowitz-plays-rachmaninov-piano-concerto-no-3-1978/2756022466

Orthodox Bagpiper

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Bono Vox said:
Speaking of the killers, I just read in the latest Rolling Stone magazine
Mistake #1: Reading Rolling Stone.

that Brandon Flowers (the killers singer) is a devout Mormon.
Mistake #2: "killers" should be written "Killers'."

For some reason, this creeped me out.
Mistake #3: Paying attention to celebrities' religion.

I guess the Mormons have the Osmans, Napoleon Dynamite and the killers as a claim to fame.  :D
Mistake #4: Their name is the Osmonds.

So why be so judgmental of others?
Andis,

I can only strive to be as humble and non judgmental as you  :D